• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Barbie gets strong WoM, could it be possible for it to get 1 billion dollar?

6 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

I wonder if Barbie gets strong WoM, could it be possible for it to get 1 billion dollar?

Let’s pray!!!!  I’m ready for a Barbie-verse

1st vs 5th weekends:

elemental 29.6, 9.1 = -69%

mario 146.4, 18.6 = -87%

spider man 120.7, 12.0= -90%

guardians 118.4, 10.7 = -90%

creed 58.4, 5 = -91%

mermaid 95.6, 8.6 = -91%

scream 44.4, 3.4 = -92%

transformers 61.0, 5.1 = -92%

john wick 73.8, 5.8 = -92%

ant man 106.1, 4.2 = -96%

fast 67, 2.1 = -97%

flash 55, 0.8 = -99%

Elemental's holds have been really great. I mean, yes, it started mediocrely with under $30 mil, but its 5th weekend was higher than the 5th weekend of movies that started with $106 mil, $96 ml, $74 mil, $67 mil, $61 mil, $58 mil, $55 mil, $44 mil.

• Like 5

Barbenheimer is so exciting, I can't remember the last time the GP was so invested in a box office battle.

Manifesting 1B for Barbie, 500M for Oppenheimer, 90%+ on RT, 80+ on MC and 5+ Oscar noms for both :wanda:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex21kw said:

Barbenheimer is so exciting, I can't remember the last time the GP was so invested in a box office battle.

Manifesting 1B for Barbie, 500M for Oppenheimer, 90%+ on RT, 80+ on MC and 5+ Oscar noms for both :wanda:

the way us Vietnamese will miss the biggest movie event of the decade

truly a mess

why the hell Hollywood want to kiss China ass so bad?

I can't believe we could actually be looking at $1B+ for Barbie! :weeps: That's insane.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ALA said:

A few months ago most thought it would gross around 300m in its full run, I did as well. This is an absolute monster and the tracking growth is insane, props to the amazing marketing department because this is shaping up to be the win of the year.

China is not tuning in :deadbanana2:

Chinese people from China are flops for that!

7 hours ago, chiliam said:

why the hell Hollywood want to kiss China ass so bad?

They're slow to realize that China doesn't care about Hollywood movies anymore. 

55 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

China is not tuning in :deadbanana2:

See!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, onapearl said:

See!

They really kissing China ass for nothing.

Its what they deserve.

Doesn’t Hollywood mostly care about China just because it’s hard to get to 1B without their inflated BO numbers?

I'm kinda surprised Barbie got a China release date given the whole Simu Liu thing. 

Their underestimating overseas.

Edited by Gwendolyn

57 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Their underestimating overseas.

This is a huge lowball.

VARIETY: Box Office: ‘Barbie’ Heads for $100 Million Breakout, ‘Oppenheimer’ Aims for Strong $50 Million

In any case, “Barbie” will claim the top spot over Christopher Nolan’s atomic bomb drama “Oppenheimer,” which is aiming to collect a solid $50 million from 3,600 cinemas through Sunday. Universal is backing the R-rated historical biopic, which cost $100 million.

The $145 million-budgeted “Barbie” stars too many A-listers to name, but we’ll give it a shot: Ryan Gosling, Issa Rae, Dua Lipa, Simu Liu, Helen Mirren, John Cena and Will Ferrell round out the cast of the fantasy comedy, which follows Barbie and Ken as they leave the comfort and familiarity of Barbie-Land on a quest for self-discovery in the real world.

Variety confirms the budget for Barbie at 145m and Oppenheimer 100m. Stars took a paycut to work with Nolan.

8 hours ago, onapearl said:

See!

Even at their peak for Hollywood movies in 2019 the revenue for Disney movies in particular was similar or even lower than that of Japan considering the revenue share is only 25% in China compared to 40% in Japan and UK. Apply the math and you'll see that $100M gross in UK or Japan is better than $150M in China. 

Additionally two Disney remakes movies crossed the $110M mark in Japan and only one Disney remake movie crossed the $150M mark in China.

I know that Barbie is not related to Disney but it was the best example I could think of.

Edited by Aristotle
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.