• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

$180M? Wtf :deadbanana:

It needs to gross like $500M just to break even...

• Like 2

Updated tracking for Barbie can also be found below, as the film continues to shatter expectations with pre-sales pacing higher than for any release since Black Panther: Wakanda Forever last November. 

A literal cultural reset about to happen.

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 2:04 PM, Gwendolyn said:

Does anyone have projections for Hayao Miyazakis last Studio Ghibli movie coming out in a few days?

:jonnycat:

On 7/10/2023 at 9:51 AM, Da Vinci said:

I think Deadpool 3 will pretty much be 2024's highest grosser, Joker: FAD doesn't have the same amount of novelty and nostalgia and hook

Unless Deadpool 3 gets delayed to 2025…

8 minutes ago, V$. said:

:jonnycat:

So sad we won't get this released in English markets for a while :chick3:

Barbie potentially clearing Wonder Woman at the Box Office :skull:

Edited by Jessie
  • Haha 1

Ghibli always on top!

7 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

So sad we won't get this released in English markets for a while :chick3:

GKids coming through with a release tin perhaps a few months :WAP:

• Like 1

FRIDAY AM: Mission: Impossible  Dead Reckoning Part One saw $8.3M on Thursday, repping a 47% decline from Wednesday opening plus previews of $15.5M. Two day total for the Paramount/Skydance feature is $23.8M from 4,049 theaters. Hopefully this film spikes today. I mean, it will spike today, it’s just by how much given that A CinemaScore and 4 1/2 stars and 88% on Screen Engine/Comscore’s PostTrak. Guys at 65% gave the movie its best grades at 90%. Women at 35% weren’t that far behind at 86%. 

A $90M 5-day seems unlikely with rivals spotting $50M over three days, and $73M 5-day. 

https://deadline.com/2023/07/box-office-mission-impossible-dead-reckoning-tom-cruise-1235434821/

$50M three days is giving massive bomb underperformance. 

• Like 1

Not The Boy and the Heron :rip:

Actually it seems like it's even more divisive than The Wind Rises and more incoherent than Howl's Moving Castle so I doubt it'll match even the former's box office

Now I get why there are zero trailers like how would you even market that convoluted story :rip: It's one of those that you have to watch in full to "get it" and it's too complex for the kiddies that might get turned off if a trailer was released, smart!

He peaked with Spirited Away and it's been downhill since, I fear! But with multiple iconic timeless classics pre-Spirited Away, who cares! Thank you Miyazaki :clap3:

1 minute ago, Da Vinci said:

Not The Boy and the Heron :rip:

Actually it seems like it's even more divisive than The Wind Rises and more incoherent than Howl's Moving Castle so I doubt it'll match even the former's box office

Now I get why there are zero trailers like how would you even market that convoluted story :rip: It's one of those that you have to watch in full to "get it" and it's too complex for the kiddies that might get turned off if a trailer was released, smart!

He peaked with Spirited Away and it's been downhill since, I fear! But with multiple iconic timeless classics pre-Spirited Away, who cares! Thank you Miyazaki :clap3:

Not too much on Miss Arrietty now :giraffe:

7 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Unless Deadpool 3 gets delayed to 2025…

Unless the strike goes for like 6 months I can't see Deadpool getting delayed a year since its already started filming. Disney is going to find a way to make sure it comes next year. I think they'll probably just delay it to Thanksgiving or Christmas 24.

1 minute ago, Poxy said:

Not too much on Miss Arrietty now :giraffe:

To be fair, Miyazaki didn't direct that (haven't watched it though)

The Tale of Princess Kaguya stomps on Miyazaki's last 3 movies though! :giraffe: Arts not the charts!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rp662 said:

FRIDAY AM: Mission: Impossible  Dead Reckoning Part One saw $8.3M on Thursday, repping a 47% decline from Wednesday opening plus previews of $15.5M. Two day total for the Paramount/Skydance feature is $23.8M from 4,049 theaters. Hopefully this film spikes today. I mean, it will spike today, it’s just by how much given that A CinemaScore and 4 1/2 stars and 88% on Screen Engine/Comscore’s PostTrak. Guys at 65% gave the movie its best grades at 90%. Women at 35% weren’t that far behind at 86%. 

A $90M 5-day seems unlikely with rivals spotting $50M over three days, and $73M 5-day. 

https://deadline.com/2023/07/box-office-mission-impossible-dead-reckoning-tom-cruise-1235434821/

$50M three days is giving massive bomb underperformance. 

All this to take Barbie's premium screens! :redface:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jessie said:

Barbie potentially clearing Wonder Woman at the Box Office :skull:

Potentially WW and Captain Marvel. :rip:

7 hours ago, Feanor said:

F0_K4zsWIAACFK8?format=jpg&name=large

It keeps going up… :jonny5:

Lets gooo!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.