Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

Wow, Inside Out 2 absolutely exploding in Mexico. Now headed for a $25-27M OW, would be a top 3 debut of all-time :duca: 

• Like 1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

We could be in for a $200-240M global opening for Inside Out2, with many major markets still to open. 

Looking like $12M Thursday previews for Inside Out 2. Expecting a $120M domestic debut :duca:

On 6/9/2024 at 5:45 PM, Gossip_Boy said:

You know things aren't looking good when even horror movies are tanking left and right. 

Interesting in seeing how A Quite Place: Day One performs. This could be the first legit of the horror genre this year.

Very early presales tracking has it in the $35-38M OW range. I think that will rise closer to release. 

The premise alone should attract general audiences. Day one of an apocalypse set in NYC. Easy sell. Good reviews will likely be a big boost to presales if it happens. 

IN-side Smash overperforming :jonnycat:

• Like 1

Elemental walked, so Inside Out could run :'(.

So happy for Pixar!

• Like 3

Deadpool & Wolverine Expected to open up with 200M-230M, making it the biggest R Rated Movie Opening of all time:jonny5: Marvel Back hoes

• Like 2

What an exciting weekend. Friday presales are just growing faster and faster. There's a chance for a $40-45M true Friday. Combined with the previews, it would give Inside Out 2 a $53-58M opening day. 

$140-150M domestic weekend is possible. 

150M OW for Inside Out 2 :jonny5: So deserved! :clap3:

Insanity. $500M+ domestic then. :soda:

So Inside Out 2 is now the frontrunner for biggest movie of the year domestically. Just like that. 

Don't see either Deadpool or Despicable Me 4 hitting that. Joker neither and I'm bullish on Joker 2. 

Totally forgetting about Moana 2 in November. Despite it being a TV series turned into a movie, it's the sequel to what is arguably one of most streamed movies ever (if not the most). Who knows how big that could be. 

• ATRL Moderator

Wow, so another Finding Dory basically.

Sadness's power :WAP:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Insanity. $500M+ domestic then. :soda:

So Inside Out 2 is now the frontrunner for biggest movie of the year domestically. Just like that. 

Don't see either Deadpool or Despicable Me 4 hitting that. Joker neither and I'm bullish on Joker 2. 

Totally forgetting about Moana 2 in November. Despite it being a TV series turned into a movie, it's the sequel to what is arguably one of most streamed movies ever (if not the most). Who knows how big that could be. 

Inside Out 2 can get to $600-700 million domestic.

domestic

$609 incredibles 2

$486 finding dory

$434 toy story 4

$415 toy story 3

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Migs30283 said:

Inside Out 2 can get to $600-700 million domestic.

I'm just being realistic and using average multipliers for a summer Pixar movie. Makes no sense to say $700M is possible when there is no precedent for it and Despicable Me 4 will be a huge factor in it's 4th week. 

None of the massive summer Pixar sequels have hit over 4x multi from OW so let's not just initially assume that will happen here. 3.5x would still be fantastic. 

That said, if it does go for $165M this weekend, then $600M isn't out of the question at all. But Despicable Me 4 will be a juggernaut itself and will eat directly into Inside Out 2's audience. About as direct competition as you can get. 

Either way, I find it hard pressed to see any other movie topping it this year domestically. Don't think anything else has the juice for even $500M domestic this year. 

Ps. Charlie Jatinder is saying $51M true Friday, which makes $165M very realistic. :deadbanana2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

$51M true Fri + $13M previews= $64M OD

+9% Sat- $56M

-5% Sun- $52M (Father's Day)

$172M weekend?!?! :soda:

2nd biggest animated debut of all-time locked

Edited by BNF91

Dudsney finally turning the wigs around chile. 

My country stanning HARD :deadbanana2:.

• Like 1

Insane numbers everywhere :rip:

When the narrative becomes "Disney SMASHING" and "Disney SAVES the Summer Box Office" after last year. :rip: Ha redemption era. :giraffe:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Insane numbers everywhere :rip:

When the narrative becomes "Disney SMASHING" and "Disney SAVES the Summer Box Office" after last year. :rip: Ha redemption era. :giraffe:

"Female-led movie Disney's Inside Out 2 saves the BO" :bird:

Poor anti-wOke1!1 crowd. I just know they are FUMING :alexz3:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

$300M global debut and that's without massive markets still to open like Spain, Brazil, Japan, France, Italy and China. That's a significant market share still to debut.

Just unbelievable. :alexz:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.