Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

I just hope the movie develops a cult following + does well on home media/streaming.

Mad Max did almost $60m in home sales. 

• Like 1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

I just hope the movie develops a cult following + does well on home media/streaming.

Mad Max did almost $60m in home sales. 

But dvd/bluray sales are also dead

Only saving grace for Furiosa would've been Oscars but Dune2 will steal all from it because of its success. If only D2 wasn't moved to this year Furiosa would've dominated all those categories next year.

"THE WATCHERS' scores PostTrak exit scores of 1.5 stars and 52% positive respectively."

Good God :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2:

• Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

Furiosa such a tragic case. One of the best films of the year so far. 

Bad Boys looks to bring some life to the box office with a strong $20-21M OD. Headed for a $50-55M weekend. 

Inside Out 2 also looks to be moving well in presales for the following weekend, $90-100M+ OW possible. 

It is headed for a stunning $18-20M OW in Mexico (new record for animation IIRC)

Edited by BNF91
  • Like 1

Inside Out 2 is going most likely more than $100 million OW

• Like 1

I'm not an expert in this field, but the more information I see regarding box office numbers and such, the more I'm left wondering...have any of the major studios, when all revenue and expenses for all their releases are accounted for, even been profitable since COVID started? :deadbanana2:

I feel like all I'm seeing lately is like 3 underperformances/flops/bombs for every 1 hit/smash for the most part and I have to wonder how long they can keep this up. :deadbanana:

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

I'm not an expert in this field, but the more information I see regarding box office numbers and such, the more I'm left wondering...have any of the major studios, when all revenue and expenses for all their releases are accounted for, even been profitable since COVID started? :deadbanana2:

I feel like all I'm seeing lately is like 3 underperformances/flops/bombs for every 1 hit/smash for the most part and I have to wonder how long they can keep this up. :deadbanana:

one thing that helps is having smashes that don't cost a ton of money.

like Taylor Swift the Eras Tour.

or horror movies.

• Like 1

Just now, fridayteenage said:

one thing that helps is having smashes that don't cost a ton of money.

like Taylor Swift the Eras Tour.

or horror movies.

I'm sure that helps blunt the bleeding, but surely those can't make up for the massive multi hundred million dollar loss films like The Marvels, Wish, etcetera that we've been seeing left and right lately? :huh:

• Thumbs Down 1

furiosa down to 6th place in its 3rd friday, overtaken by apes

it's kinda a pop emergency

• Haha 1

Inside Out 2 is really starting to move in presales. $100M+ OW seems all but certain. 

Bad Boys 2 has a nice Saturday, $19.5M. Weekend looks to be $56M.

Next weekend will be really nice with the huge debut of Inside Out 2 and Bad Boys 2 counter programming perfectly in its 2nd wknd. 

• Like 1

Battle for 2024 US domestic box office crown is between Inside Out 2, Deadpool & Wolverine, and Despicable Me 4.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

looking at the 50 most searched films for the rest of the year on imdb, i'm excited about ~0 of them, hmm.

this time last year we already had masterpiece Past Lives

Edited by fridayteenage

the slap didn't stop this smash :flame: the box office is so back. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

looking at the 50 most searched films for the rest of the year on imdb, i'm excited about ~0 of them, hmm.

this time last year we already had masterpiece Past Lives

Yeah idk what's going on this year everything just feels uneventful.

• Thumbs Down 1

I don't even care for the Bad Boys franchise, but I'm so happy the public still supports Will Smith after that completely astroturfed "cancellation".

From the way the media and Redditors talked (and still talk) about it, you'd think he commited a war crime. :deadbanana4:

• Like 3

Haven't seen the latest Bad Boys yet but I love the franchise so I'm glad to see it smashing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You know things aren't looking good when even horror movies are tanking left and right. 

Interesting in seeing how A Quite Place: Day One performs. This could be the first legit of the horror genre this year.

Edited by Gossip_Boy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Good for will smith

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
On 6/8/2024 at 9:36 AM, fridayteenage said:

furiosa down to 6th place in its 3rd friday, overtaken by apes

it's kinda a pop emergency

And The Fall Guy even stole all its “this should have been a bigger hit!” goodwill.

• Confused 1

We saw The Watchers over the weekend, and it was rather good! I think it did 7M something at the box office, idk if that's above or below projections.

Review embargo lifts June 12th.

@SchmoodRing why the random negative reactions? I didn't realize questioning the profitability of the industry the last few years was something bad? :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Inside Out 2 heading for $9.5-11M Thursday previews. With Father's Day boosting Sunday, it could be headed for a $110-120M OW. 

Bad Boys has a fantastic 1st Monday, $6.25M. 3rd biggest Monday of the year. Should also benefit greatly from Father's Day Sunday (could be flat from Saturday). $26-30M 2nd wknd IMO. 

Oh, Will Smith is still thriving. I loved the first 2 Bad boys as a kid. Might go check out the new one this weekend. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.