• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Lovett said:

Pretty great :clap3:. Another W for Tina, especially considering this was a non-event Paramount+ release initially.

Edited by Life Savers

Debating on going to see Mean girls or just waiting until it’s on digital/Streaming. It looks bad but Tina fey is apparently involved still, and the actress that’s playing Cady looks very familiar. The new Regina acting looks pretty bad from the tiktoks I’ve seen. But a lot of comments are hyping her up. Must be some Gen Z star. Idk. maybe it will be successful at the box office tho

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

11 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

The new Regina acting looks pretty bad from the tiktoks I’ve seen. But a lot of comments are hyping her up. Must be some Gen Z star.

Reneé is wildly talented and played Regina on Broadway. She's amazing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Debating on going to see Mean girls or just waiting until it’s on digital/Streaming. It looks bad but Tina fey is apparently involved still, and the actress that’s playing Cady looks very familiar. The new Regina acting looks pretty bad from the tiktoks I’ve seen. But a lot of comments are hyping her up. Must be some Gen Z star. Idk. maybe it will be successful at the box office tho

I agree about Renee. Nothing that I’ve seen of her in this movie screams Regina George. “World burn” is supposed to be like her big villain song or whatever? It’s so bland. 

Think its more issues I have with her personally though

• Thumbs Down 1

I wonder how the box office of Means Girls may be impacted since word is now spreading the fact that it is a musical :rip: I planned to see it with a few friends but I told them it was a musical they didn't want to go. 

I never understand what's with the hate for movie musicals :dies: Esp for the non-serious/campy ones like Mean Girls, like yall hate fun? ok 

• Like 1

I feel like a lot of people who claim they hate musicals can’t even name a musical they’ve genuinely sat down and seen. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The B CinemaScore for Mean Girls, woof. Did people really not know it was a musical? I get Paramount hardly marketed it as one but a simple google search would’ve told you it was.

Pixar about to have layoffs this year. They claim it won't hurt movie production. Not the first time I heard that claim followed by a disaster. 

Yes Renee and Avantika, yes box office :clap3:

I saw Mean Girls twice this weekend. I think it was a lot of fun and both crowds I was with enjoyed it too. The songs aren't as bad as others make it out to be. 

Wanted to see Mean Girls but they aren't playing it in my country, now I found out it is a musical anyway, so thank god for not wasting my money on that nerdy trash

My date and me are instead gonna be watching Anyone But You this Wednesday now since they don't air Mean Girls here + it's not a trash musical

• Thumbs Down 3

4 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Wanted to see Mean Girls but they aren't playing it in my country, now I found out it is a musical anyway, so thank god for not wasting my money on that nerdy trash

My date and me are instead gonna be watching Anyone But You this Wednesday now since they don't air Mean Girls here + it's not a trash musical

"nerdy trash." Are you 12? 

The movie was great and campy, everyone in my showing was laughing and enjoying it. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Lovett said:

Haven't watched, but it's always great seeing a mid-budget rom-com thrive in theaters and be profitable.

Edited by Gossip_Boy

if it weren't for how it came out at the end of last year, i could have seen a golden globe nom for new box office queen sydney. 

$80 mil+ for leading an original(-ish) film:

emma - la la land

saoirse - lady bird

margot - focus

jennifer has a few, including last year's no hard feelings.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 4:55 AM, Poxy said:

I feel like a lot of people who claim they hate musicals can’t even name a musical they’ve genuinely sat down and seen. 

we don't see them because we hate them

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 9:57 AM, Arcadius said:

The B CinemaScore for Mean Girls, woof. Did people really not know it was a musical? I get Paramount hardly marketed it as one but a simple google search would’ve told you it was.

Most people don't Google a film before watching

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.