• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Sannie said:

You think Barbie is gonna do $300m in the US alone? That would be impressive. :worship2:

With a 120-130 M start it's gonna do It without movies for female until next year maybe 😭

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 5:53 PM, Sannie said:

What are these numbers based on? As big as it seems online, I do not trust the gays and girls to actually go out and watch the movie. They stan pop girls and then do not go and buy their albums.

I feel like pretentious critics are going to bomb it, though.

I know people that have booked to see it twice because they wanted to see it with several people

Margot needed this smash after babylgod flopped when it was an amazing movie!

Y'all see any movie about history and swear it's ~pretentious~. Nolan directs big blockbusters. :skull: 

Barbie is a smash!

• Haha 1

Not people hating on Oppenheimer!! Just go see both as a double feature and support blockbusters that bring something new to the table. Otherwise by the way things are looking with the box office we will be forced to choose between either Fast and Furious 24 at the cinema or mediocre Netflix thrillers

• Like 6

Barbie smash!! A victory for the gays and girls!!

Can't wait for Grace Randolph to low key fume about it and how the male audience is really low and has been neglected :jonny5:

• Like 6

Unless the reviews/audience reception are extremely bad to the point that they kill the movie, this is definitely looking at a $100M+ opening with how presales currently stand.

Edited by Gossip_Boy

I predict Barbie will outgross Mario worldwide (around $1.3B-$1.4B+), bookmark me!

Since the very first teaser with the Giant Barbie, this movie has really snowballed into a bigger and bigger cultural zeitgeist defining lightning rod of 2023, it's crazy how there's a new viral moment each month/week :deadbanana:

It's kinda giving Frozen in 2013/2014 but Frozen was a slow burning phenomenon after its release, not pre-release

And unlike Mario and Frozen, Barbie doesn't have that "it's just for kids" stigma thanks to it being live-action, the Greta Gerwig factor and Margot and Gosling

I think Margot is like Emma Watson in that they're huge celebs but their names alone won't pull crowds unless a role of theirs truly captures the public's imagination (Belle, Barbie)

The stars are just aligning, even literally with one of the most star-studded soundtracks ever on top of the lead actors

If it's panned (which I doubt) so what? The Lion King grossed $1.6B on hype alone

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Kracken said Elemental hold my beer let me show you how to BOMB

• Haha 3

I hope Joyride can have a cute opening

To think back in 2014 some people called How To Train Your Dragon 2 an underperformance and today it's a MIRACLE for an animated movie to meet its box office :deadbanana2:

I hope Wish does well…

Indy 5 was a cute girl.

8 hours ago, Da Vinci said:

I predict Barbie will outgross Mario worldwide (around $1.3B-$1.4B+), bookmark me!

Since the very first teaser with the Giant Barbie, this movie has really snowballed into a bigger and bigger cultural zeitgeist defining lightning rod of 2023, it's crazy how there's a new viral moment each month/week :deadbanana:

It's kinda giving Frozen in 2013/2014 but Frozen was a slow burning phenomenon after its release, not pre-release

And unlike Mario and Frozen, Barbie doesn't have that "it's just for kids" stigma thanks to it being live-action, the Greta Gerwig factor and Margot and Gosling

I think Margot is like Emma Watson in that they're huge celebs but their names alone won't pull crowds unless a role of theirs truly captures the public's imagination (Belle, Barbie)

The stars are just aligning, even literally with one of the most star-studded soundtracks ever on top of the lead actors

If it's panned (which I doubt) so what? The Lion King grossed $1.6B on hype alone

That is not happening. :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 7:04 PM, Gwendolyn said:

Does anyone have projections for Hayao Miyazakis last Studio Ghibli movie coming out in a few days?

Well since they decided to do a "surprise release" strategy (by that I mean no content or promo out of the movie). It's hard to tell. We don't even have a single picture, just a minimalist sketch art as a poster.

I think it will do minimum 100M in Japan because it's him but everything else is a wild card.

13 hours ago, Da Vinci said:

Girl stop we just want Barbie to make over $500M. Ain't nobody thinking it's reaching $1B.  :rip:

:dies:Flash about to get beat by other bombs 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

12 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

Kracken said Elemental hold my beer let me show you how to BOMB

Elemental was so lucky it was released around The flash and Kraken :rip:

Its performance in South Korea (and overall great holds around the world) kind of shifts the blame from the Director/Pixar to the marketing team. 

6 minutes ago, Katy V.! said:

Its performance in South Korea (and overall great holds around the world) kind of shifts the blame from the Director/Pixar to the marketing team. 

Yep. They did a horrible job marketing Elemental...

I didn't know it was about immigration until I actually watched it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.