Box Office Discussion | Ready for Inside Out 2?

Gwendolyn

I can’t even bring myself to drag Aquaman cuz DC is so dead it’s like beating a dead horse. Imagine being a cinematic universe with 11 consecutive Flops😭 

• Haha 2

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• BNF91

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing aquaman tonight. End of an era 

spacer.png

• Thumbs Down 1

Aquaman with a $14M+ opening day. Not as disastrous as presales suggested but still not very good. Headed for a $40M 4-day. 

Could do $120M+ domestic now. 

• Thumbs Down 1

looks like the only 2023 films that aren't bios or fictional franchises to hit $100 mil US will remain

The Eras Tour &

Elemental 

I remember when I became a DC Stan around the time the first Shazam came out. I stopped giving a mierda after The Flash because the messiness and disorder around the development of the universe exhausted me. Hopefully after seeing this final movie bomb we can be free of the DCU's threats. 

28M :deadbanana:

DC just can’t let Marvel out bomb them. The Marvels opening was 48 and was considered a franchise Worst. Even tho both films first movies are billion Dollar blockbusters🤭 Guess Variety don’t even care about DC to spam a dozen articles about the franchise death. (Probably cuz it’s been dead for half a decade).

On 12/22/2023 at 10:05 PM, Raver said:

Seeing aquaman tonight. End of an era 

spacer.png

Was oceanmaster hot in the first movie

i I don’t remember 

Aquaman 2 was very bad, but it was easy to watch at least. Better than Antman 3 but lord these movies have just gone to trash. 

I hope Joker 2 & Superman Legacy can redeem and revitalize the DC film franchise. That's like our only hope lol.

--

Any predictions on The Color Purple? Opening on a Monday, but from what I've seen, every showing even around me is sold out

I just hope that all this floppage and critical panning forces DC and Gunn to make an excellent Superman movie. I don't really care if the rest of the franchise sucks as long as they give the Madonna of superheroes its Confessions on a Dancefloor

Spoiler

With a Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum cameo

The Color Purple winning Christmas Day with ease. However capacity and showtime constraints are severely limiting the potential. Tons of sellouts across the country.  Currently looking at a $16M+ opening day. :clap3:

Edit: Make that an $18.15M opening day! 2nd biggest Xmas Day debut ever. 

Edited by BNF91
  • Like 2

This is amazing for its awards chances; it's been kinda underperforming with precursors but if it keeps up this trajectory it can peak at the right time and be a huge spoiler with the Academy/Guilds! 

• Like 2

Is the movie good? Since I saw the trailer the very first time I wanted to see it, might go see it this week!!!

16 minutes ago, Romova99 said:

Is the movie good? Since I saw the trailer the very first time I wanted to see it, might go see it this week!!!

Yes, I saw it last night. It was very moving and good. Fantasia did a phenomenal job with GREAT support from Taraji and Danielle Brooks. 

• Like 1

Omg this is huge huge for a musical.

So happy to see Wonka and this doing well. Hollywood needs to make more musical. Especially for the Christmas season.

6 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Whose the 1st?

Sherlock Holmes. The RDJ one

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.