Box Office Discussion | Deadpool & Wolverine passes $1 Billion at Box Office

Gwendolyn

Elemental having a 16x multiplier in South Korea. :deadbanana4:

It may not turn a profit box office wise but at least it wasn't an outright bomb like what was projected when 1st week sales came in.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/16/2023 at 10:22 AM, Konril said:

Elemental having a 16x multiplier in South Korea. :deadbanana4:

It may not turn a profit box office wise but at least it wasn't an outright bomb like what was projected when 1st week sales came in.

On 8/16/2023 at 1:46 PM, Lovett said:

screaming :skull: 

• Haha 6

https://deadline.com/2023/08/box-office-blue-beetle-strays-barbie-1235522235/

With a $104 million production budget, this opening to $25 million is….not good. 

This marks the 8th straight box office flop for the DCEU, following up the mega disaster that was “The Flash”, one of the biggest box office bombs in history 

https://variety.com/2023/film/box-office/box-office-blue-beetle-stumbles-opening-weekend-barbie-1235700676/

$43 million international total opening weekend 

Edited by Bears01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Attitude said:

That’s 10 million more than I anticipated tbh.

Same lmao.

latinxs lost :redface:

i watched it last night it’s actually good

I thought it looked cute tbh, if not a little generic. I'll probably see it with A List in a couple weeks

Wasnt this supposed to be the big Latino representation that was talked about being needed so much online? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

Regarding the title. Blue Beetle over-performed, a hiT.

:eli:

On 7/20/2023 at 12:55 PM, Poxy said:

oh that’s not —

9 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Wasnt this supposed to be the big Latino representation that was talked about being needed so much online? 

Representation is not making a 3rd tier superhero character latino.... Who tf knows about blue bettle?

Also superhero films thank god are over besides spiderman and batman (those two will always exist)

Edited by LittleStarmen
  • Like 1

I just think they should have rebooted the whole thing after the Flash. The Flash should have ended off ending the Snyderverse. Then 1 year of silence. Then announce a new person (not James Gunn) to be the Feige of the new DCEU.

This is all too messy how it was done.

I was told the latin black panther was in demand tho 

Edited by Katamari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

:deadbanana4: 8 Flops in a row. I don’t wanna hear another DCEU Stan try to come for Marvel

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Warner Bros. executives are as dumb as **** to let this film under-perform the way that it's going to. It really is a phenomenal film, with a lot of heart, that should have been the "Black Panther" for the Latin community. It's 10x's better than The Flash, that's for sure. All of their marketing costs should have went to this film to really put the character of Jamie Reyes in the forefront, and to really introduce Blue Beetle to people.

I hope word of mouth carries it and gives it a boost, it's getting a lot of great reviews. People are loving it. My disappointment in WB just continues to mount, becoming evermore frustrating as a fan of DC Comics.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

:deadbanana4: 8 Flops in a row. I don’t wanna hear another DCEU Stan try to come for Marvel

I’m a Batman Stan through and through but I want the DCEU burned  to the ground. So many BAD movies and ruined characters 

The audience wants Batman and Batman characters, we don’t give a **** about anyone else (except maybe another actually good Wonder Woman movie) 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DamianSolo said:

Warner Bros. executives are as dumb as **** to let this film under-perform the way that it's going to. It really is a phenomenal film, with a lot of heart, that should have been the "Black Panther" for the Latin community. It's 10x's better than The Flash, that's for sure. All of their marketing costs should have went to this film to really put the character of Jamie Reyes in the forefront, and to really introduce Blue Beetle to people.

I hope word of mouth carries it and gives it a boost, it's getting a lot of great reviews. People are loving it. My disappointment in WB just continues to mount, becoming evermore frustrating as a fan of DC Comics.

CinemaScore is only a B+….that’s not good. 

The DCEU needs a long break and to come back with quality. Too many flops and too many bombs, audiences don’t want it unless it’s a solo Batman or Batman character 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.