Box Office Discussion | Deadpool & Wolverine passes $1 Billion at Box Office

Gwendolyn

14 hours ago, Tropical said:

I saw it today and I was kinda disappointed with the story. It's an absolute production 10/10 - props, costuming, set design, lighting, make-up, styling, foley, sound design perfection but ugh the story just didn't hit. 

I think it's my own fault though it's the fifth film I've seen this week and all the others have been film festival films so very nuanced and deep, so Barbie felt so airy and like it only barely explores the topics it introduces. Oh well, I think alone on the aforementioned merits it deserves all its accolades. Barbie brand has so much good stuff to pull from. :jonny:

Which ones, sir ?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Kylizzle said:

TMNT not even opening top 3 :ohwow:

stellar reviews and word of mouth will give it longevity through the dead month of August.:clap3:

56 minutes ago, i spit on haters said:

Which ones, sir ?

Past Lives (FLAWLESS film, heart wrenching), Love Lost (also fantastic and emotional), Inshallah A Boy (slower, grittier film but nonetheless gripping) and Perfect Days (absolutely delightful, a beautiful reminder that life's joys are contained within the smallest things).

MV5BOTkzYmMxNTItZDAxNC00NGM0LWIyODMtMWYzMzRkMjIyMTE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAyMjQ3NzQ1._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

MV5BYWQwOTk0ZWMtYmFkOC00ZWFlLTgxM2YtMDE0MzIyMzRmMmIwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODMyOTYyMTM@._V1_.jpg

1689478425779_InshallahABoy.png

Fvyya_Li_Ww_A_Enkp_A_8840f471bb.jpg

OT: Barbie was definitely a cute film, but having seen in amongst four other films within a week, it seemed pretty damn average in terms of its story and message. It's definitely a ~Hollywood~ film for the masses, so I guess it didn't have much room for nuance or to leave room for the audience's interpretation.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, Popboi. said:

So… how likely is 1.5 billion and 700 million looking for Barbie and Oppenheimer :lakitu:

I think Barbie could do it :jonny3:

5 hours ago, Tropical said:

Past Lives (FLAWLESS film, heart wrenching), Love Lost (also fantastic and emotional), Inshallah A Boy (slower, grittier film but nonetheless gripping) and Perfect Days (absolutely delightful, a beautiful reminder that life's joys are contained within the smallest things).

Lies. The biggest disappointment this year. Movie was dry. At least the main guy was hot I guess

Edited by Raptus
  • Like 1

Dua getting billion dollar gross with her first movie. :clap3:

Edited by Assassin

16 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

Dua, Billie, Nicki / Ice won 

Dua is the only one actually in the movie. :fan:

16 hours ago, Kylizzle said:

TMNT not even opening top 3 :ohwow:

TMNT opened on Wednesday and exhausted $16M of box office before it's 3-day weekend. It had a really great $43M 5-day and outstanding audience scores. 

Would've been easily #2 on the weekend had it opened on the Friday. 

Currently scouring YouTube with "Barbie Will Flop" rhetoric now that it officially hit Barbillion dollars and whaddya know, neckbearded Male Karen Incels are the ones spewing feminist, woke bullsh*t.

Zfz9kNy.png

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2023 at 10:29 AM, PoKiTaurus said:

"The audience wants Harrison Ford" 

Sure. :toofunny2:

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2023 at 3:21 PM, Enrique523 said:

Oh WOW :deadbanana4:

That user has no idea how Hollywood works. Huge marketing is the norm for big movies and it does NOT guarantee big box office numbers :rip:

Thank you.

The Trash was the most promoted/hyped movie since No Way Home and BOMBED.

7 hours ago, Lovett said:

LETS GOOOOO :wanda:

#BlueBeetleBattalion 

Huge $9M 3rd Monday for Barbie. I think it can do another $34-37M in its 4th weekend domestic (#1 again easily) and cruise to $510M+ by Sunday. 

Throwback to the predictions that Dead Reckoning would be the biggest movie of July, with some even saying it would hold #1 in Barbenheimer week. Conservatives really moved on from Nicole Kidman's ex husband it seems.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arcadius said:

Flop incoming 

Kiii.

Where is that user/Marvel hater who said that video game movies are going to replace superhero movies?

john-jonah-jameson-lol.gif

• Haha 2

You can't really compare a driving simulator with no story or characters with game adaptations like TLOU, Mario etc. :rip: No one asked for a Gran Turismo movie.

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.