Box Office Discussion | Deadpool & Wolverine passes $1 Billion at Box Office

Gwendolyn

Barbie is just too huge. Haunted Mansion should have opened in October :rip: Remember when they released Hocus Pocus and it BOMBED? They released it in summer. Haunted Mansion would have done very well I think if this was the fall and there wasn't competition with Barbie.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

Haunted Mansion screams Disney+ Movie. Should have just dropped it there  the weekend before Halloween :priceless:

The first Haunted Mansion wasn’t even a huge hit, and that starred Eddie Murphy. What exactly were they expecting?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rebel Lion said:

That people these days only care about vibes. Barbie is doing well because it's a throwback, pink and fetishizes blue eyed blonde women. People don't go to see that type of movie for the plot. The Barbie packaging booth in that link that everyone can take a photograph themselves in as a real life Barbie proves my point. What should have been a straight to streaming movie is now the biggest movie of the year because people have become brainwashed from all the years of Barbie that has been forced upon us all these years.

This entire "logic" gives ignorant  vibes .

• Thanks 2

Still hoping Barbie hits another 100 mil this weekend!

• Like 1

I went to see Haunted Mansion last night, but the movie feels like a fall release. Kinda bad strategic marketing on Disney's part and it is not that helping because with the strikes and everything. My showing was almost full for HM, but the numbers were kinda expected. 

11 hours ago, V$. said:

:WAP:

:ahh: the haters lost

• Like 1

This is even more impressive when you remember Mario literally had zero competition. :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Lovett said:

Margot was at her lowest, box office poison, career in shambles:jonny:

Edited by Cloudy
  • Haha 6

That's another $225M in its 2nd weekend. Bonkers hold. Definitely gonna give Mario a run for its money for the year. 

$1.2B seems locked up. 

Already outgrossed The Flash, Indiana Jones and Elemental :dies:.

Edited by Broken

Some Japanese people think that the Barbenheimer memes are insensitive due to the tragic history of the atomic bomb (for obvious reasons)

I honestly agree that the atomic bomb itself should not be part of any of the memes

Maybe just Cillian Murphy and Margot Robbie edits are fine but the actual bomb exploding in the background is a bit much, the pink explosion, etc. It really feels icky that nobody in the West noticed that let alone called it out.

I don't think it will affect Barbie's numbers in Japan but there probably won't be any meme-fueled Barbenheimer double viewings there

8 minutes ago, Arcadius said:

$33M Global opening jesus. :deadbanana4:

6w6Pcz7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

looks like black panther was the 2nd black-directed film with $150 mil+ budget, after fate of the furious.

not sure how many there have been in between BP and Haunted Mansion. 

57 minutes ago, V$. said:

:WAP:

Barbie is going to get that record from Mario I fear :clap3:

Disney has been making really questionable decisions lately. Haunted Mansion should have been a fall release.  I think Disney+ really sabotaged their movie business model.

I did love The Little Mermaid, though. :heart: 

Barbie and Mario top 2 of the year. :msmarvel:

3 hours ago, BNF91 said:

That's another $225M in its 2nd weekend. Bonkers hold. Definitely gonna give Mario a run for its money for the year. 

$1.2B seems locked up. 

With 770M+ total gross by second weekend compared to Mario's 692M, there is little chance that this movie wont dethrone Mario. 

It should bomb really hardcore in Japan and slow down quite hard in other markets too after next weekend for that to happen. The movie of the year is here!

Still, Mario's movie was amazing though. 8/10 for me. Browser is not dead yet. I hope they make a squeal about Browser coming back more powerful in human form (like Shrek 2), showing details about the history of Peach (how she came to the Mushroom kingdom as it has potential to be planted with a creative scenario) and fire Mario appearing (and the newly elephant form too).  That will a pull another billion movie for sure. 

There are many characters that were left. 

I’m so happy Elemental will cross $400M. Hope it pushes Disney/Pixar to create more original stories.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.