• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

Deadline saying 90m for Barbie, -44% drop. Hope it can go up :giraffe:

• Like 1

Billion dollar Barbie :WAP:

Also, I agree on Wish. Disney needs to amp up its promotion because November will be COMPETITIVE. 

Barbie keeps smashing as it should. 

Another Disney flop incoming after  antman sequel nobody wanted, TLM  and Indiana Jones. :rip:

Kraven moved from October 6 to August 2024. Blue beetle, the marvels, the creator or hunger games should run to that spot. Dune 2 could move there but they might delay it to next year.

Gran Turismo pushed two weeks to August 25. Spider verse 3 removed from calendar. Ghostbusters 2 moved to 2024. 

Edited by DONTYELLATME
  • Like 1

Barbenheimer: ‘Barbie’ Tracking for Beatific $70M- $80M Opening, Christopher Nolan’s ‘Oppenheimer’ Targets $40M

‘Barbie’ Tracking for Beatific $80M Opening, ‘Oppenheimer’ Eyes $40M – The Hollywood Reporter

Let us all remember this was the tracking for opening weekend for both films last month. :jonny5:

The way both films will be above those figures on their 2nd weekend is insane!

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 10:35 PM, Paloma said:

cant believe that boring shite oppenheimer is smashing too...

barbie is carrying it. would it have smashed if not for the Barbenheimer effect nn 

1 hour ago, SupremeGoddess said:

barbie is carrying it. would it have smashed if not for the Barbenheimer effect nn 

WB being petty towards Nolan by scheduling Barbie on the same day...

spacer.png

... but instead giving it literally free marketing

spacer.png

Nolan and Universal won in this aspect.

spacer.png

Oppenheimer would have done $300 - $500 million from Nolan's power alone, but now it's heading towards $700 - $800 million instead

spacer.png

The only loser in this whole saga is Tom Cruise (even tho I liked the movie)

spacer.png

2 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

I really hope Barbie can do $100 M this weekend

27.5 million on Friday if it holds , it’s gonna need to have a big rise on Saturday. 85-95 million likely 

Edited by DONTYELLATME
  • Like 1

I'm so out of the loop.. why is this "rivalry" between the 2 films a thing? Is this the first time ever 2 movies dropped simultaneously? Barbie's hype is understandable but who was waiting for a movie based on the first atomic bomb's creator's life? I just don't get why people are acting as if this is Roar vs Applause when in my eyes it's more like R9 lead single vs a random Gayle song

7 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

I'm so out of the loop.. why is this "rivalry" between the 2 films a thing? Is this the first time ever 2 movies dropped simultaneously? Barbie's hype is understandable but who was waiting for a movie based on the first atomic bomb's creator's life? I just don't get why people are acting as if this is Roar vs Applause when in my eyes it's more like R9 lead single vs a random Gayle song

The atomic bomb movie is by Christopher Nolan one of the most important directors of our time , he directed the dark knight Batman trilogy, inception, dunkirk, interstellar, tenet. He has a large fanbase that will watch anything he puts out. The internet poked fun since Barbie is colorful and pink and Oppenheimer is dark and serious. Due to Barbie’s excellent marketing campaign it caught the zeitgeist and delivered huge openings for both movies. Example of counter programming courting different audiences and tastes. Movies releasing on the same day is actually pretty common, this just caught on due to peculiarities and the talent for both movies. 

Edited by DONTYELLATME

7 minutes ago, DONTYELLATME said:

The atomic bomb movie is by Christopher Nolan one of the most important directors of our time , he directed the dark knight Batman trilogy, inception, dunkirk, interstellar, tenet. He has a large fanbase that will watch anything he puts out. The internet poked fun since Barbie is colorful and pink and Oppenheimer is dark and serious. Due to Barbie’s excellent marketing campaign it caught the zeitgeist and delivered huge openings for both movies. Example of counter programming courting different audiences and tastes. Movies releasing on the same day is actually pretty common, this just caught on due to peculiarities and the talent for both movies. 

Oh wow I didn't realize there were little Nolansters. I figured the contrast between the 2 films would be partially responsible for this narrative but I was like.. ok, and?

On 7/27/2023 at 11:56 AM, Paloma said:

nah, no superhero **** please.

I need Margot to play Harley Quinn one more time somehow. Like in a Gotham City Sirens movie. 

52 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Oh wow I didn't realize there were little Nolansters. 

Yes, he has a fandom. They are called Nolanites, and most of them are INSUFFERABLE :skull:.

On 7/27/2023 at 10:56 AM, MingYouToo said:

If they bag her as Invisible Woman for the MCU's Fantastic 4 she better be front and CENTER in the promo :jonny5:

Sis delete this. No more superhero **** unless is Harley again(and that’d still be a ?? For me): 

On 7/27/2023 at 8:50 PM, Broken said:

Jesus :deadbanana2:.

I swear they released it like this to embarrass Cruise. No reason this shouldn't have come out earlier.

This is dead. Theatres must be annoyed that Disney took all the PLFs from Barbie.

• Like 1

Haunted Mansion the most botched release of the year after MI tbh

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.