Box Office Discussion | Deadpool & Wolverine passes $1 Billion at Box Office

Gwendolyn

2 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

This makes me think that Barbie could get to $1.5 billion as all of those movies listed are over $1.5B

Honestly I was thinking 1.1 or 1.2 at best but if it’s gonna close in on a billion already by next week then 1.4-1.5 is not impossible. The movie is already outpacing how Mario was performing. :jonny5:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, V$. said:

:biblio:

Whilst I'm so glad to see Barbie devour at the box office... this is such an ICK.

Hope it flops worldwide.

• Like 2

$25 for haunted mansion isn’t bad

i expected under $15m honestly

it looks like a Disney+ movie 

These weekdays are kind of unprecedented but if it hasn't burned off a lot of demand then it should honestly do $100m this weekend :rip: I think the 80s would make sense though

cant believe that boring shite oppenheimer is smashing too...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

This is so doing >100m second weekend.

Barbie will have featured in two billion dollar movies after toy story 3 the power

The idea of Barbie outgrossing Mario was unbelievable to me just a few weeks ago :WAP:

They taking Mission impossible out of 1,000+ theaters already 😭

So about $450M in total 🧐 cuz Barbie seems it will dominate everything for the rest of the summer tbh. 

I didnt expect this film to do much because 1. DC’s current state and 2. Out of all of their heroes this is one of the least known ones. Like why worry about making a film for one of their lesser tier heroes out of the blue? BUUT I didn’t expect THIS much of a bomb. At the very least I expected 50M on opening weekends :rip:

I don’t even know much about this character but in  some ways he’s intriguing. DC should have first fix their issues with their main franchises and once everything was stable then slowly introduce other heroes, including Blue Beetle. I know it’s usually better to start with an origin solo story but with heroes that are not known like this they probably could’ve introduced him in other films as cameos/crossovers and then release his film. 

Wow I think super hero films need a 2-3 year break 

They should just give it up, no superhero movie is going to smash unless it's already in an established franchise at this point.

15 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Destiny's child BOP! @MrLovett

:jonny: +17M views in 9 days, probably a future success. 

This looks cute!

On 7/8/2023 at 7:15 PM, Da Vinci said:

I predict Barbie will outgross Mario worldwide (around $1.3B-$1.4B+), bookmark me!

Is this how Cassandra felt? :celestial5:

It's racing to $1B faster than Mario and is slightly bigger than it in Asia (China, Southeast Asia, etc.) and is also anticipated in Japan according to the Filmarks site

And the most impressive thing is that Barbie is doing all this without IMAX/premium ticket prices :clap3:

It would be very funny If Mission Impossible ends up grossing less than TLM after a certain crowd spent months making fun of it.

• Like 10

Wish needs a better trailer. I remained completely unfazed by it. And it is giving deja vu with the recent trailers.

I can smell an underperformance.

Edited by Aristotle

16 hours ago, Broken said:

She smashing and smashing

:jonny5::jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.