• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, V$. said:

:wanda:

Ok, time to watch it a second time. :gaycat5:

What upcoming movie do we think could possibly match the success and hype of Barbie 

14 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

if it reaches 1 billion...

F17k2zuWYAEAy2.thumb.jpg.7316a6f085a1ad5

it's locked for a billion

the question is can it beat mario (I don't think so but you never know)

Edited by Price of Fame

15 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

What upcoming movie do we think could possibly match the success and hype of Barbie 

Honestly? None lol. No other movies down the line have the hype factor that Barbenheimer got. 

On 7/26/2023 at 7:33 PM, blackoutbritney said:

Barbenheimer is such a unique cultural phenomenon and just the basic premise of the phenomenon was accidental so any attempts to replicate it will inevitably be "uncool". Add that on top of Barbie's perfect marketing (starting with that perfect first teaser and leaked set photos of them rollerblading in neon outfits) that kept on giving and giving, getting the hype snowballing for months and months until it became an avalanche. Plus Barbie the character herself being a nostalgic icon and a lightning rod for cultural conversations about women for literal decades. Of course, another important factor is Greta Gerwig and her talents really tapping into the zeitgeist and delivering what people wanted. A much needed catharsis and escapism for women after the rise of misogynistic monsters like Andrew Tate, the overturning of Roe v. Wade, etc. It's THE definition of "lightning in a bottle".

So whatever the next movie phenomenon will be, nothing will be like Barbie's hype specifically? It's hard to put into words. Just like how the phenomenons that were Endgame, The Force Awakens, even Titanic, etc. just feel different than Barbie (they're not smaller than Barbie obviously, just different) because the Barbie/Barbenheimer phenomenon is just so unique.

1 hour ago, blackoutbritney said:

Snow White :eli:

Joker 2. Duh.

It was the Barbie for men. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Price of Fame said:

it's locked for a billion

the question is can it beat mario (I don't think so but you never know)

The most shocking part of this is I didn't realize Mario made that much money. :deadbanana4: I know it's more kid friendly and Nintendo Adults are real, but wow lol. Barbie is definitely in the cultural zeitgeist more. I only remember my few friends who watch anime and **** going to Mario lol.

There's an A24 horror film (with a $4.5 million budget) coming out the same day as Haunted Mansion, and I'm a lot more inclined to see that one tbh.

Joker 2 will literally have both the Oppenheimer audience (film bros) and the Barbie audience (women and gays) so it’s basically destined to smash next year. It’ll probably be the film WB gives the biggest push to.

3 hours ago, blackoutbritney said:

Deadpool 3 with wolverine and fox X-men having cameos (if true)

55M in its entire Run off of an $120M budget. Well it’s officially over:gaycat7:

Animated Statick Shock Revival series would be dope. I’d watch that on streaming any day over DCU stuff. Love watching the show as a kid. :clap3:

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

This superhero movie era needs to be over!

• Like 2

I went to see it to a dead theater which is supposedly closing soon because it's always so empty, I went expecting no crowd and it was full :gaycat6:

Barbie is the economy, not it saving that back room ass theatre hjk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arcadius said:

Joker 2 will literally have both the Oppenheimer audience (film bros) and the Barbie audience (women and gays) so it’s basically destined to smash next year. It’ll probably be the film WB gives the biggest push to.

i'm not watching it.

are you saying gaga's fans are every woman and gay?

• Like 2

2024 Movies that I think are gonna be massive smashes are Deadpool 3 & Wicked. 

Times have changed so I won’t predict a Billion. But if I had to I would say these are surefire Box Office Juggernauts

Idk why I feel so bad for this movie, but I do. I saw a trailer for it when seeing another film and for some reason found it kind of endearing.

But not enough to actually go see it. Maybe if tickets were cheaper and my schedule were more open I'd give it a pity viewing. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.