Box Office Discussion | Deadpool & Wolverine passes $1 Billion at Box Office

Gwendolyn

damn i was hoping barbie would get to $170M but i've heard so many screens were sold out so they couldn't keep up with the demand. If there were more available screens then yeah it would've gotten there for sure. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, publikcitizen said:

damn i was hoping barbie would get to $170M but i've heard so many screens were sold out so they couldn't keep up with the demand. If there were more available screens then yeah it would've gotten there for sure. 

Barbie doesn’t have the same amount of premium screens other blockbusters have so getting to a number like that was unlikely. 

8 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

It's what they deserve!

3 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

The great thing about that is that it should have an excellent second weekend hold. 

3 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

It'll likely lead to stronger legs, so it should hopefully work out very well in the end.

6 minutes ago, Feanor said:

It'll likely lead to stronger legs, so it should hopefully work out very well in the end.

:clap3:

Barbie’s OW beating Wonder Woman 

and Captain Marvel.

What a feat. :clap3:

• Like 1

Such a great weekend. I think both will hold throughout the summer. Barbie $450m+ and Oppenheimer $300m+ :jonny2:

I really hope Barbie will reach 1B eventually, it definitively seems possible. I've been waiting a while for another female-lead blockbuster and i'm also extremely happy it's Margot reaping the rewards :clap3:

Love how hard Barbie smashed. Can it make 500M in the US? I'm hoping :jonny:

:clap3:

Smash :clap3:

Its rare for Hollywood to create actual events like this past weekend in cinema was :clap3:

While not entirely original, it’s a welcome change of pace from the regular superhero/CGI fest films 

• Like 1

Oppenheimer would've flopped without Barbie that's for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.