Box Office Discussion | Deadpool & Wolverine passes $1 Billion at Box Office

Gwendolyn

The backlash Barbie might get because of this. It’d be too funny and all their own fault though :dies:  PG-13 is PG-13!

Oh well, yes Greta, yes success!

• Like 1

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

i will do a barbienhaimer on Saturday :jonny5: i will contain myself even tho Barbie releases here on Wed.

• Like 1

"Barbie is too political!!" a QAnon movie is smashing at the BO rn. A movie being feminist wont kill its WOM if it's well written.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kylizzle said:

The goal post moving :deadbanana:if families take their young children to a PG-13 movie that's on them. Anti-woke crowd wants this movie to flop so bad and it just isn't happening. 

Yeah, it'd be one thing if it was PG and WB really wanted to trod the line, but there shouldn't be any confusion with the actual rating. Though, a couple brought their toddler to see the f*cking Terrifier sequel when I did and left halfway through so lmao. 

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid
  • Like 1

Get ready for the "barbie is grooming young children" tiktoks from conservatives this week.

A mess.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 11:17 PM, rp662 said:

FRIDAY AM: Mission: Impossible  Dead Reckoning Part One saw $8.3M on Thursday, repping a 47% decline from Wednesday opening plus previews of $15.5M. Two day total for the Paramount/Skydance feature is $23.8M from 4,049 theaters. Hopefully this film spikes today. I mean, it will spike today, it’s just by how much given that A CinemaScore and 4 1/2 stars and 88% on Screen Engine/Comscore’s PostTrak. Guys at 65% gave the movie its best grades at 90%. Women at 35% weren’t that far behind at 86%. 

A $90M 5-day seems unlikely with rivals spotting $50M over three days, and $73M 5-day. 

https://deadline.com/2023/07/box-office-mission-impossible-dead-reckoning-tom-cruise-1235434821/

$50M three days is giving massive bomb underperformance. 

how is this possible??

the movie is amazing and Tom is coming off strong from Top Gun.

WW box office better make this a hit

After seeing Elemental's massive and incredible legs, it makes even more mad what Disney did to Encanto and Turning Red. All of these movies deserved better. 

• Like 4

r/boxoffice - 🇯🇵 'How Do You Live' scored the biggest IMAX opening weekend in Japan. 🏯 The previous record was Demon Slayer.

Highest grossing Japanese movie of alltime incoming?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

r/boxoffice - 🇯🇵 'How Do You Live' scored the biggest IMAX opening weekend in Japan. 🏯 The previous record was Demon Slayer.

With no promo or trailer! :WAP:

9 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

It's way too early for that kind of prediction :priceless: All that proves is that the Endgame style "no spoilers" campaign was effective, thanks to the decade long wait and nostalgia after the Ghibli catalog finally got released on streaming services during the lockdowns

Audience reviews in Japan have been mixed with some saying it's more "slow and boring" than The Wind Rises and most were just confused about the whole thing, which doesn't bode well for legs after the initial rush/hype wears off

I am seeing Barbie with my bestie and her boyfriend. Probably some time next week

... this Sound of Freedom box office is :rip: the constant ads I see about "free" tickets, it's getting weird. Has anyone here actually seen it?

Keep in mind that both will probably do way more.

• Like 1

Wow this is really about to be a Cultural Reset 

• Like 1

All these franchies with millions of sequels flopping :soda:

The audience really said "can you serve something else for once?" :swim2:

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 11:06 PM, Gwendolyn said:

I'm predicting 50 million worldwide and 70 million domestic - like a Miles Meets Mom kinda bomb :lakitu:

On 6/28/2023 at 10:23 PM, Gwendolyn said:

I forgot Haunted Mansion was coming out.. 3rd Disney bomb of 2023 incoming ⁉️

I

Absolutely it is going to bomb. Look at the activity of the movie's clips and trailer in Youtube it's much closer to Ruby Gillman than to Elementals. 

$150M WW. 

5 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Absolutely it is going to bomb. Look at the activity of the movie's clips and trailer in Youtube it's much closer to Ruby Gillman than to Elementals. 

$150M WW. 

The strike happening is also going to cause less promotion for the movie, which is what it truly needed. It's also coming out a week after Barbie and Oppenheimer drops - taking away majority of the audience :deadbanana2:

I feel like more kids will want to watch Barbie (even if they are too young) than Haunted Mansion

9 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

No. It's not coming anywhere near Mugen Train levels of smash.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.