Box Office Discussion | Furiosa. Worst Memorial Day No. 1 Opening in Three Decades

Gwendolyn

Ruby Gilman is coming to bomb too, I fear :deadbanana4:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• BNF91

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/barbie-box-office-tracking-oppenheimer-1235526172/#recipient_hashed=4099e28fd37d67ae86c8ecfc73a6b7b652abdcdb75a184f8cf1f8015afde10e9&recipient_salt=f7bfecc7d62e4c672635670829cb8f9e0e2053aced394fb57d9da6937cf0601a

The two July tentpoles — dubbed “Barbenheimer” by social media — officially came on tracking Thursday, three weeks ahead of their detonation in theaters over the July 21-23 weekend.

From Warner Bros., Barbie could open to a beatific $70 million-$80 million, if not more, according to sources who have access to tracking data (and there’s plenty of upside). Warners is being more cautious, suggesting $60 million. The movie, based on the iconic Mattel toy line of dolls, stars Margot Robbie in the titular role and Ryan Gosling as Ken.

Universal and Nolan’s Oppenheimer is tracking for a domestic debut in the $40 million range. For Oppenheimer — an R-rated, three-hour drama targeting adults — having legs could prove far more important than its opening weekend haul. Still, $40 million would mark one of the acclaimed filmmaker’s lowest openings. And excluding Tenet, which opened to $20 million during the heart of the pandemic, it would mark the lowest start for the acclaimed filmmakers since The Prestige ($14.8 million) in 2006.

Edited by ALA

Hot pink summer it is :clap3: The power of the gays & the girls!

Who could’ve guessed the Barbie movie would have a bigger opening weekend than the three hour long rated R nuclear bomb historical drama? I’m shocked!! 

Looking forward to both movies though :eatpopcorn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Had Barbie released different week and had premium screens it probably could've done $100M. 

Box office elixir Margot doesn’t need premium screens to bring in the cash :clap3:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SmittenCake said:

those numbers seem so low for barbie :( i was expecting at least 200million+ 

kinda sad. I hope a sequel does end up happening. 

This is a US only projection for the first weekend, barely any movie is doing 200m+ opening weekend, only eight have done it so far.

22 minutes ago, GivingCher said:

Who could’ve guessed the Barbie movie would have a bigger opening weekend than the three hour long rated R nuclear bomb historical drama? I’m shocked!! 

Looking forward to both movies though :eatpopcorn:

Bomb historical drama ??? Is this shade ?

• Haha 1

Just now, mystery said:

This is a US only projection for the first weekend, barely any movie is doing 200m+ opening weekend, only eight have done it so far.

Ohhh okay makes sense thank you 

Barbie needs $86M to beat Hangover 2 for highest OW for a live action comedy (unless you count Deadpool as a comedy). She got this :gaycat5:

Edited by Gossip_Boy
  • Like 1

I would rather watch 200 hours of Barbie than a Chr*stopher N*lan movie...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, the70s said:

Gays always winning :clap3:

your avi sends me 

OT: excited for both movies. Barbie is obviously the more fun summer movie 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.