PC Music shutting down activities after 2023

kyliefever2002

today, in the label's 10th anniversary, it was announced the labe will not go forward after 2023

https://10.pcmusic.info/ 

Edited by kyliefever2002

The fact that through the years they had so many projects planned/announced/recorded to not be properly released is heartbreaking.

This whole collective had so much potential and I feel like they haven’t done enough with the push & momentum in the electronic music community they once had.

That said, thank you for 10 years of amazing music.

Edited by WhoWho
  • Like 1

Sadly, this was to be expected with the drought of new releases and Namasenda leaving the label.

It‘s still sad and emotional, PC Music basically brought me and my best friend together, their music brought me so much joy.

Of course all their artists can (and hopefully will) continue releasing music, but this feels like the proper end of an era.

Heartbroken. Truly defined my teen years and early twenties. 

6 minutes ago, WhoWho said:

The fact that through the years they had so many projects planned/announced/recorded to not be properly released is heartbreaking.

This whole collective had so much potential and I feel like they haven’t done enough with the push & momentum in the electronic music community they once had.

That said, thank you for 10 years of amazing music.

Im pretty sure I know them all but which are you referring to? 

Sorta made me sad. Truly an iconic era of boundary pushing music

They went into a very mid direction with they newest artists tbh so I'm not to bummed on missing out great music. Especially since AG will have more time for the good stuff now. Hannah will be fine. GFOTY left long ago. Danny left too. 

I mourn the original PC MUSIC a lot today, though. What a ride the last decade was. The Discord server...the infamous FACEBOOK GROUP :ahh:

Also never officially on the PC Music roaster but I wanna highlight once again the significance of SOPHIE. R.I.P Angel :hug: 

And AG Cook was a legend long before he hit the scene. A true visionary producer and so influential. Can't wait to hear what's next for him. :clap3:

1 minute ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Heartbroken. Truly defined my teen years and early twenties. 

Im pretty sure I know them all but which are you referring to? 

Won’t be able to name all of them, but those that brought me the most pain:

-QT singles

-Danny L Harle record circa 2015-2018.

-Easyfun EP’s that were teased around 2016-2018.

-Hayden Dunham X Sophie demos.

-AG’a remixes of Charli tracks 2016-2020, that we will never get in HQ.

-Alleged third PC Music compilation around 2017.

God, so much stuff….

I remember selling my tv and skipping school to fly to London to see their show nnnn :deadbanana: The original group (ag, gfoty, spinee, qt, hannah diamond etc) had so much potential and inspired me a lot, like I don't think music was ever this exciting to me after they stopped doing stuff. It's a shame but the impact they had on music is one for the books

this has got to be one of the best news in music history ever, there's not a single good song related to this label

Edited by Breakdown
  • Thumbs Down 20

1 minute ago, Breakdown said:

this has got to be one of the best news in music history ever, there's not a single good song related to this label

This song alone was worth the founding of the label, sis. 

Oh that's sad :/ At least they knew the right time to close since things were not as high as they once were.

AG and Danny are geniuses who will definitely still be on a rise and I can only hope the same happens for Hannah Diamond and Namasenda too, miss these queens

7 minutes ago, Gyal said:

they didn't release enough music 

Which is INSANE since they were hardworking people with SOOOOO much material. I guess there's a lot of licensing and stuff going on but Umru and Charli alone had enough songs together to release at least a joint EP, Hannah probably has another 2 albums worth of material. AG clearly got too busy. He's about to be a big time producer, we ain't ready! Hikaru Utada, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga remix were just the beginning :jonny5:

• Like 1

Sad but all good things must come to an end. I was litterally a baby during the golden years of pc music so I felt a little late to the game 

28 minutes ago, Breakdown said:

Are you not embarrassed? 

54 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Also never officially on the PC Music roaster but I wanna highlight once again the significance of SOPHIE. R.I.P Angel :hug:

A true icon and innovator :heart: It upsets me every day that she's no longer with us

26 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Which is INSANE since they were hardworking people with SOOOOO much material. I guess there's a lot of licensing and stuff going on but Umru and Charli alone had enough songs together to release at least a joint EP, Hannah probably has another 2 albums worth of material. AG clearly got too busy. He's about to be a big time producer, we ain't ready! Hikaru Utada, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga remix were just the beginning :jonny5:

I wonder what happened to Hannah Diamond. I feel so nostalgic when I listen to "Hi" now I kinda teared up lol

Yesterday I was thinking about how awesome their 2014-2015 run was. Beautiful/Attatchment/Hey QTEvery Night/Bipp/Lemonade were all BOPS. They didnt keep the momentum but their mark is undeniable and those that were supposed to make it big are making it. RIP SOPHIE 

6 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

Bipp/Lemonade were all BOPS.

Yes but those have nothing to do with the label. It's a common misconception that SOPHIE was part of the label. She was having a mutual influence on AG and the sound. They were brewing similar stuff in the same place, at the same time. Helping and inspiring each other. But SOPHIEs work was produced by her and published by a label called Numbers and later Transgressive Records/PIAS. And Hey QT was for some reason released by XL (lol) 

Enough of me being annoying. Let's stream this PC Music classic which deserved a 10 week #1 streak on every chart in the world. 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.