• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BussC,XOXO

• WildAmerican

3 minutes ago, redidnot said:

"the core reason why people are in this site is because they like music/art, not because it’s made by billionaires"

Same thing applies here. People are empathizing with how a couple people in a constrained space went through a tragic event and died in the depths of the ocean. Imagine yourself in that scenario. Nobody focused on their social status until you brought your frustrations forward. Having money doesn't make you any less human. Empathizing with someone's death doesn't make you take on their beliefs.

You got a lot of venom to spit and the highest standards for everyone. People can't express some humanity because.. someone's fighting for food somewhere in the world?

Due not not being satisfied with their lives, THEY ON THEIR OWN WILL DECIDED TO GO IN A CONSTRAINT SPACE AND THEY EVEN PAID 250k for it. Dont you see the whole promise is wrong ?

and not you making my statement about people fighting for food as it’s something external to us. Most of us live in South america, asia etc and that’s our reality.

4 hours ago, Bussea said:

I don’t understand what people gain by coming in here bragging about how they don’t simp for rich people and how they don’t care about rich people, but signed up for a site to do very much that. Look at your avis. Looks at your usernames. Look at your signatures. Look at your post history :rip: You very much so simp for rich people and are making them richer by buying their music, paying for overpriced tours, paying for overpriced merch and etc.

That’s why I can’t take anybody saying this in this thread seriously because if this was any of the women who success you hide behind, you would be sitting in here in SHAMBLES. do you know where you are? :rip: Let’s be serious. Just say you don’t care and go. This forced stance you have against rich people is so unserious and transparent. Not to mention some of the posts in here are just VILE without an ounce of nuance.

And with the refugee thing, I haven’t seen a thread on it. If you feel so passionately about it why hasn’t a thread been made and why are you not active in it? I looked in their post history and they’re talking about ******* pokémon :rip: Since refugees are sinking everyday, that should be a megathread too, no? Y’all are screaming virtue signaling but doing the EXACT same thing :toofunny2: just saying **** to be saying ****

This is so true 

Titanic 2. James Cameron here's your plot. :duca:

I came across a video of the CEO handing the controller to a guest to maneuver the sub and he hit a rock. :deadbanana: These boomers can’t even play Mario Kart, so many things wrong with this. It’s almost like a South Park episode.

33 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

These people will never be able to hear Lorde's upcoming album now :chick3: :biblio:

Bless you for finding a silver lining in this dire situation :heart:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lemonjuice said:

You thought you were doing something with your essay huh?

apparently I did since you came on this track fat, nasty and broke as hell.

OT: RIP to everyone on the submarine and my thoughts go out to the family. Regardless of how much money was in their pockets, this is a terrible way to go and it’s sad that a literal teenager is wrapped up in this and his death is somehow being celebrated. Hope they can be properly laid to rest, but that seems very unlikely.

7 minutes ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

Titanic 2. James Cameron here's your plot. :duca:

there has already been a Titantic 2 movie i fear :rip:

I knew a lot of members on this site had bad taste, but I didn't believe that so many were actually just vile human beings. Praying for you and those filthy mouths of yours. RIP to the passengers 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Starshine said:

I came across a video of the CEO handing the controller to a guest to maneuver the sub and he hit a rock. :deadbanana: These boomers can’t even play Mario Kart, so many things wrong with this. It’s almost like a South Park episode.

Can you post it?

If they are paying tribute and start playing "My Heart Will Go On", I will scream :toofunny2:

Well RIP to them. 

When Beyoncé re-releases XO and replaces the Challenger sample with a repeating loop of the flute from My Heart Will Go On.

bSh1Oy5.thumb.gif.6b741c3cd7b018ef5471ce

38 minutes ago, Lemonjuice said:

Imagine being poor and making an entire essay to defend ultra rich people, that will never give a **** about you. If you dont like our posts then LOG OFF because most us are disgusted at the fact that people can afford a 250k seat to suicide when other people are fighting for food everyday. No and we dont make a mega thread about our poverty because we live in it everyday. Also, the core reason why people are in this site is because they like music/art, not because it’s made by billionaires. I dont what’s worse now: ultra rich people or poor people that simp for them. You thought you were doing something with your essay huh?

girl just tell us you hate working and call it a day 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

Y'all are making fun of people dying now? What is wrong with you :deadbanana4:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The jokes and memes around her and on Twitter truly have me speechless.

For anyone who's wants to see how it was, this Mexican YouTuber did it last year. It was the same company and same submarine.

3 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Y'all are making fun of people dying now? What is wrong with you :deadbanana4:

I am not making fun of people dying but the billionaires going for the unnecessary extreme just because they can and getting karma in a way is ironic.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

13 minutes ago, Lemonjuice said:

Due not not being satisfied with their lives, THEY ON THEIR OWN WILL DECIDED TO GO IN A CONSTRAINT SPACE AND THEY EVEN PAID 250k for it. Dont you see the whole promise is wrong ?

and not you making my statement about people fighting for food as it’s something external to us. Most of us live in South america, asia etc and that’s our reality.

I didn't make your statement into anything, you yourself brought that forward and I reiterated that it's silly to believe that you can't empathize with one unless you empathize with all. You introduced grades of comparison for empathizing with people based on their social status - if they are rich they don't deserve it, and you supplement that with the belief that they had it coming. It's a psychopathic point of view.

Someone may pay that exorbitant amount to go through the experience and anyone is right to be judgmental around the circumstances that allowed all of this to happen in the first place (mind you, your anger is directed at the people rather than the establishment that allows for this to be a reality), but the malfunction that led to them rotting at the bottom of the sea is still a tragedy that you can empathize with on a human level. Panic, anxiety, regret, grief are all the same regardless of how thick your wallet happens to be.

The wrong premise here is that people shouldn't have an emotional response to a tragedy, then spinning it to suggest that it's performative because there are other struggles in the world, some of which you identify with yet don't see the same representation for. The anger is misdirected imo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Lemonjuice said:

Imagine being poor and making an entire essay to defend ultra rich people, that will never give a **** about you. If you dont like our posts then LOG OFF because most us are disgusted at the fact that people can afford a 250k seat to suicide when other people are fighting for food everyday. No and we dont make a mega thread about our poverty because we live in it everyday. Also, the core reason why people are in this site is because they like music/art, not because it’s made by billionaires. I dont what’s worse now: ultra rich people or poor people that simp for them. You thought you were doing something with your essay huh?

Perhaps you should ask yourself what you are doing. Feeling sad for the people on Titan is not a defense of rich people nor a defense of capitalism, that is only your completely absurd and very misunderstood interpretation.

It's true that an unsafe trip 4000 meters into the ocean at 250k a pop is a symptom of disgusting wealth inequality, and that that decision is worthy of critique.

It is also true that the fate of the guests aboard that sub is completely horrific, and that they are deserving of our sympathy. That's how a lot of people see this situation, :sorry: it makes you so angry.

btw your attempt to construct a loophole for pop artists in your own critique of these rich people is also hilariously silly. By your logic a billionaire should be a billionaire, whether their name is Jeff Bezos of Rihanna. Their wealth is both created by the same economic system that you claim to be against. You could at least try to be consistent.

43 minutes ago, Lemonjuice said:

The way some of you are acting like you only grasped income inequality today. If that is truly your point of contention keep the same energy with all of your rich favs who spend in a week what most poor in the world cannot afford in their lifetime.

This event exposed a lot of people for me. Imagine thinking you can explain why you’re making jokes about people dying in one of the scariest possible ways. Money really does making EVERYONE evil. 

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.