Corinne Bailey Rae - 'Black Rainbows'

sunbathinganimal

Corinne Bailey Rae - Black Rainbows *Pre-Order

Out Now.

SO happy and excited to announce the release of my new project, BLACK RAINBOWS. This is an album that is extremely special to me, as it is inspired by the objects and artworks collected by @theastergates at the Stony Island Arts Bank in Chicago. This project includes a collection of 10 songs, an accompanying hardcover book, "Reflections/Refractions at The Stony Island Arts Bank”, containing images shot by world renowned photographer @kotobolofo, plus live performances, lectures and exhibitions throughout the Black Rainbows Tour that will take place this Fall. Select UK, US and EU dates will go on sale this Friday, with more to be announced soon. Please note that the shows will be a Special Exclusive Performance of the New Album.

The first release from the album, “New York Transit Queen”, is available on all streaming platforms now. You can find the trailer for the official video at the link in my bio, with the full video dropping soon!!

Go to corinnebaileyrae.com for all information about the album, book, tour. Can’t wait to see you all. I feel like all my dreams are coming true and I’m so grateful. xx

TRACKLIST

1. A Spell, A Prayer
2. Black Rainbows
3. Erasure
4. Earthlings
5. Red Horse
6. New York Transit Queen
7. He Will Follow You With His Eyes
8. Put It Down
9. Peach Velvet Sky
10. Before The Throne of The Invisible God

Edited by sunbathinganimal

not gonna listen to the single but The Sea is one of my fave ever albums so I'm perched :jonny:

The new single is nothing like i ever imagined she would be singing 

I LOVE LOVE this queen! 'The heart speaks in whispers' and 'The Sea' are fenomenal albums :heart: September can't come soon enough!

i immediately thought of this when i saw the title

https://blackmetalrainbows.bandcamp.com/album/black-metal-rainbows

The Black Metal Rainbows Compilation Album is a show of strength: 100+ underground and black metal, noise, and electronic artists coming together in support of LGBTQ youth.

From blackened grind to epic black metal, blackgaze to dungeon synth, noise to avantgarde, this massive compilation of queer, trans, leftist, anarchist and antifascist bands from the global underground will raise money for charities helping LGBTQ youth: The Trevor Project, Mermaids, Minus 18, and The International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex (LGBTQI) Youth & Student Organisation.

3 hours ago, spiritboy said:

Album release date anyone? 

September 15th

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/20/2023 at 12:13 AM, Fancyhoodlum said:

The new single is nothing like i ever imagined she would be singing 

Not but whattt

******* love how out of left field this is, need a few more listens to get my thoughts together

if nothing else it is really interesting so it's already ahead of The Heart Speaks in Whispers :rip:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh WOW what an album. :jonny5: 

The first track alone HITS. 

She dives into so many genres and moods across the album. It's so diverse. :clap3: 

Love love love this.

• 1 month later...

after spending some time with this I just don't love it like I want to :gaycat6: some amazing moments for sure though

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.