Did Taylor just redefine what "imperial phase" means?

alestevens

6 hours ago, collin said:

Tina Turner who just passed away last month is the person that did this first. Not Taylor Swift. And it was 20+ years into her career.

The difference is that Taylor never experienced any downturns during her 17 years of career. That's what sets her apart from artists like Mariah and Tina who had big comebacks but whose success wasn't as consistent overall.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• collin

• dirrtydiana

• FightDragonsWithMe

• Steve Johnson

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, The Music Industry said:

She LITERALLY reshaped modern country music and brought a whole new generation to the genre. 

:rip: 

The fact that Swifties truly believe this, she didn’t do anything to country music that Dolly, Shania, Leann and Faith didn’t do before her. 
-

No, and to the idiots saying “MJ didn’t move as many units as Taylor is this year!!!!”

Umm maybe because streaming wasn’t around during his peak?

Taylor is nowhere near as big as MJ was during Bad and Dangerous globally let alone Thriller. The delusion. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, SwiftLover said:

This is honestly hilarious 

52985928594_e2ba172dd4_w_d.jpg

One of the most nonsensical posts in recent memory :toofunny3:

4 hours ago, jim19911126 said:

No offense but I just can't believe that someone would still be asking "Who's Taylor Swift.", like, are you really not listening to music or away from all the media?

Yeah, my mom isn’t that into social media and it’s the same case for millions of people from her generation in this country, also she’s not that talked about on TV shows here 

Edited by DoubleRainbow!

• ATRL Moderator

I think this thread has ran its course