Do's and Don'ts of Pride?

Gwendolyn

Hi ATRL! This year is going to be my first time attending London Pride :heart2: 

I've never went before but I know there will be floats, concerts and a big Oxford Circus LED pride thingy. I was wondering if yall can tell me the do's and don'ts at Pride and anything else to do with Pride 

looren2.gif

Edited by Gwendolyn

Just have fun.

• Like 1

Have fun and don’t allow anyone to make you feel pressured to do anything you don’t want to do. You can have fun whether sober, drunk, abstaining from sex, ******* the entire city, dancing, not dancing. You’re the gay! It’s your day! So only do what feels right to your soul and have fun.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Have fun and don’t allow anyone to make you feel pressured to do anything you don’t want to do. You can have fun whether sober, drunk, abstaining from sex, ******* the entire city, dancing, not dancing. You’re the gay! It’s your day! So only do what feels right to your soul and have fun.

This was so sweet :cries:

Never been to London Pride but in my city, you have to get to the clubs really early in the night or you don’t have a shot at getting in due to massive volumes of people. No one wants to spend hours in a queue only to not get entry. Ticketed events are your best bet.

I would avoid the religious crazies (that always show up like clockwork to the events :cupid:) + water is a must

Do: Be proud, have fun, be free.

Don't: get naked, have public sex, etc.

Please do not have public sex. I knew someone who got hpv at pride.

Edited by Happylittlepunk

18 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

Please do not have public sex. I knew someone who got hpv at pride.

I mean, that's bad... but what about the more moral side of it. Like... let's just no go to Pride to have sex on the streets while kids are around, etc. That is not all we are.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

I mean, that's bad... but what about the more moral side of it. Like... let's just no go to Pride to have sex on the streets while kids are around, etc. That is not all we are.

You are correct people shouldn’t do that.  I would never do it. But I can’t control people. The best thing you can do is give advice. I told the same thing to my little causin who went to his first pride event not long ago. Do not have public sex or take drugs just to have fun or to have a radon experience. 

1 minute ago, Happylittlepunk said:

You are correct people shouldn’t do that.  I would never do it. But I can’t control people. The best thing you can do is give advice. I told the same thing to my little causin who went to his first pride event not long ago. Do not have public sex or take drugs just to have fun or to have a radon experience. 

Yeah. The fact that we have to tell people these kind of things speaks volumes as to what Pride has become :deadbanana:

Have fun and be safe. Remember you don’t have to drink to enjoy pride and if you do drink then drink responsibly! Don’t hold you phone and wallet… instead buy a waist bag for security. Oh and maybe have a phone charger just in case. 

stream Unicorn by Noa Kirel before going because you got the power of a UNICORN :katie2:

Edited by Pendulum

Enjoy it! Be proud of who you are and feel pride in the fact that you're celebrating in a group of people who are the same. :)

And to echo everyone else, safe sex is super super important!

1 hour ago, Outlaws said:

Do: Be proud, have fun, be free.

Don't: get naked, have public sex, etc.

You: be free

Also you: don't **** or be naked. 

:rip:

How about no? 

• Thumbs Down 6

don’t be gay

1 hour ago, Dula Peep said:

be as gay as possible

1 hour ago, Bussea said:

don’t be gay

giphy.gif

Is sex on the streets really a London pride thing? I've heard about it happening in US cities but not so much in London, it's always looked like a fairly PG affair from what I've seen.

OT: Have fun queen!

4 hours ago, Schami66 said:

You: be free

Also you: don't **** or be naked. 

:rip:

How about no? 

I think most of the people knew what I meant. But if people want to go there and act like ***dumps, well, go ahead, that will say wonders about us.

• Thumbs Down 1

Don't engage with provocateurs.

Don't go alone or without informing someone of your whereabouts.

Don't hookup with randoms unprotected.

Do use the bathroom BEFORE leaving, lol.

Do feel free to get to know other people there; approach and ask people what brought them there etc. Keep things simple and general. You never know what kind of great gays are in your area.

Do eat before consuming alcohol, do not drink more than you can handle. Also don't experiment, keep to your standard rate.

Try not to fall. There's always someone falling when I went.

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.