• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brazil

• chosensparkles

• State of Grace.

• wanderlust

Whatever helps you sleep at night bb

Just now, Cheers said:

2008: As a presidential candidate, Obama pledges to repeal DOMA and 'Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,' which banned the service of openly gay troops in the U.S. military

Even Barrack "my stance on LGBT is constantly evolving" Obama switched his position from a simple months ago on LGBT issues. it was thee popular movement back in 2008-2013 like what're you talking about :ahh: 

The rewriting of history is hilarious. Sure, gays were so accepted, loved, and celebrated so much in 2009 and they single-handedly gave GaGa a career!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s obvious she cared at the beginning and I’ll always respect her for openly supporting gays and being way ahead of the game with trans people.

But I do find it disappointing that she isn’t more vocal about this, her priorities have clearly shifted. It is what it is. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I used to love her (when I was a teen, I was naive), but the more I mature, the more I realize who she really is, she's very fake. I still enjoy her music, but I don't like her as a person very much anymore.

Edited by bliaz
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Wow. This reminds me of the Donna Summer controversy. I belive him tbh. Yall can be pretty mean on this site. Maybe Perez turned her off to the gays all together. Madonna likes gays right?

I'm going to have to take this one with a grain of salt. Maybe he's just upset, I don't know. Seems odd to go from silently and happily working with her for like fifteen years to suddenly thinking gay people were always just a pawn to her. Maybe the Born This Way era was too long ago for some people to remember? Maybe they don't remember her speeches at activist rallies and pride events, her involvement in a vigil for Pulse victims, speaking at the 50th anniversary of Stonewall...? Like I get that the battle for LGBTQ+ rights and safety is ongoing, constant, and more difficult than ever, but she's been a strong voice in support of the community for quite a while, and not just at opportune times in her career, even if she hasn't spoken up in 2023 specifically. I don't get the fake/performative vibe from miss L. Gaga on this issue. 

• Like 5

Omg, the essay of SEETHE :deadbanana2:

Even if his statement (which he deleted) is harsh and somewhat inaccurate, he's allowed to be angry with her.

Is there no way to see if this was actually posted and deleted? 

I am here for the lashings, I hope it brings Gaga back down to earth and out of shill-land

• Like 3

It’s clear Gaga is fake in many ways, she would have done anything and pretended to be anything to be famous. She knew the gays were her ticket.

However, I really do think deep down she’s a true ally. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slap said:

Wait her manager is Lou Taylor? Do you have a source?

not Gaga, they’re saying Justin is the one with ties to Lou

Gaga’s manager Bobby Campbell is sometimes useless but not evil

that's the same money that got him paid for his ugly ass song in ASIB btw

so who really is the fame monster 

12 minutes ago, onapearl said:

One of the ads was for a very expensive (in the US) medication manufactured by a pharmaceutical company whose CEO makes this much money.

:gaycat6:

Well, I don't know anything about Justin Tranter's claim. As for the ads, I've accepted some time ago that most celebrities are going to do what they can to get richer. Even by losing respect in that process. Because at the end of the day, there will always be many individuals that stand by them. It can be disappointing, but I can sense some celebrities are getting tired of tip-toeing around to avoid cancel culture. 

14 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Being gay wasn't even that socially acceptable/celebrated in 2008-2011. :deadbanana4: She was coming off the biggest debut album of the century and dedicated her comeback single to the LGBT community when she could have simply made another album with dance bops like The Fame. She did put her career on the line whether you admit it or not.

I swear some of you just say ****.

Realistically, the tides were turning.

As far as major female artists go, Beyoncé was on Tyra with two gay male dancers dancing to Single Ladies, not to mention the Freakum Dress video:

6BDu.gif

Even the whole Get Me Bodied with "Snap for the Children" and the ball room references. B'day was a very GAY era.

So there were definitely main pop girls like Beyoncé and Britney who showed their support and repped as they could.

But I think Gaga was the first to really make being an ally her personality. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Cheers said:

2008: As a presidential candidate, Obama pledges to repeal DOMA and 'Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,' which banned the service of openly gay troops in the U.S. military

Even Barrack "my stance on LGBT is constantly evolving" Obama switched his position from a simple months ago on LGBT issues. it was thee popular movement back in 2008-2013 like what're you talking about :ahh: 

California literally voted to ban same-sex marriage in 2008, what are you talking about...

• Like 1

The way this is escalating :rainy:

Just now, Planet Mars said:

Realistically, the tides were turning.

As far as major female artists go, Beyoncé was on Tyra with two gay male dancers dancing to Single Ladies, not to mention the Freakum Dress video:

6BDu.gif

Even the whole Get Me Bodied with "Snap for the Children" and the ball room references. B'day was a very GAY era.

So there were definitely main pop girls like Beyoncé and Britney who showed their support and repped as they could.

But I think Gaga was the first to really make being an ally her personality. 

Oh of course Bey and Brit did show their support, I'm not really denying that at all. But Gaga was certainly the first to go all out with her support and advocacy. I mean there's a reason gays were mostly associated with her. :skull: 

Well, for starters, she’s clearly lost a lot of goodwill with dedicated fans since she started pandering to the GP so hard from Joanne all the way to the present. It’s absolutely weird that a sponsored post about medicine of all things would trigger such a backlash yet here we are.

But this comment section is basically the exact reason she doesn’t post to social media in any normal way anymore. Everything is sponsored as she, along with Beyoncé and other celebrities, have completely retreated from sharing their lives with us. People are taking social media far too seriously and lowlifes like Tranter will always be perched in a more famous persons comments or quote tweets trying to signal their own virtue.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

not the best songs of pharmaceutica :'(

please :deadbanana2:

8 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

The rewriting of history is hilarious. Sure, gays were so accepted, loved, and celebrated so much in 2009 and they single-handedly gave GaGa a career!

It really is! Lets pretend like NoH8, Say No To Prop8, Ellen's wedding to Portia, RuPaul's Drag Race Debut, gay ass Glee, Adam Lambert's push on American Idol, and It Gets Better Project didnt happen during 2008-2009

ots_noh8_0913.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

I don’t see the correlation between her posting a migraine ad & not really supporting the LGBT community. I think it’s a large leap of logic.

Gaga ain’t the only girl, far from, that I noticed didn’t speak up this year. Is it slightly disappointing? A little. But at the end of their day I’m still going to listen to the girls & move on with my life. Gaga has a looong history of LGBT support & I think she played an important role in a lot of LGBT’s peoples lives.

Tbh I don’t think Gaga is actively avoiding posting about it - it seems like she is much more private and hiding away personally nowadays in general and only uses social media to advertise products - it feels strictly professional/corporate now. Idk. I think his disappointment is valid, I just don’t personally feel the same.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.