Eras Tour sells out instantly in Brazil, 2.6M people still in line (new dates added)

Carry My Heart

5 minutes ago, ttsmu said:

Have you seen how many dates "the music of the spheres tour" have already?

More than 120. All of them are sold out stadiums. And they still touring this year and next year.

Maybe go troll the Beyoncé thread if this bothers you so much.  There is more to the subjective title of “tour of the century” than just box office receipts.  

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Johnson

• Badgalbriel

• Carry My Heart

• wastedpotential

3 minutes ago, ttsmu said:

More than 120. All of them are sold out stadiums. And they still touring this year and next year.

Yeah, because the average global ticket price is less than $90. We don't have firm data from the Eras tour yet but basically every reputable source has predicted the average to fall between $160 and $220. Of course Coldplay are able to play more shows when their tickets are half the price. Also, it's worth mentioning that Taylor isn't even close to exhausting her demand. There were a million people in line for tickets in Buenos Aires (13-15 total shows worth, depending on stadium capacity), and there were 2.6 million people in line for São Paulo tickets 40+ shows worth). Taylor will also be touring for the rest of this year and for a lot of next year, so it's incorrect for you to unilaterally state that the Coldplay tour is a better candidate for "tour of the year" than Taylor's. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ttsmu said:

But why the need to minimize success of the Eras Tour in the first place when it is basically doing as much amazing? 

Is it because she is actually proving to be relevant in Latin America despite contrary proclaims in the past that she isn’t? 

THET JUST AANOUNCED 2 MORE DATESSSS AHHHHH

"People" lol. More like scalper bots

• Thumbs Down 1

2 more dates, YESSSSSSSSSS

4 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Calm down mate. 

Ticketmaster's presale for Taylor Swift's Eras Tour on Tuesday was only supposed to be open to 1.5 million "verified" fans, but 14 million people tried to buy tickets on the day, Live Nation's chairman told CNBC's Squawk on the Street.

"Despite all the challenges and the breakdowns, we did sell over 2 million tickets that day," Live Nation's Greg Maffei said. "We could've filled 900 stadiums."

The demand for Coldplay was also higher than the dates they already did. Taylor is not the only one artist that have this kind of demand around the world.

Like I said , stop the delusion and just enjoy her success without telling lies like calling this "the tour of the century" when is not even the biggest tour right now.

• Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, ttsmu said:

Like I said , stop the delusion and just enjoy her success without telling lies like calling this "the tour of the century" when is not even the biggest tour right now.

Look in the mirror and stop fuming in every Taylor thread. Let us enjoy her success. 

Edited by Steve Johnson

6 minutes ago, ttsmu said:

Coldplay's tour started a year before the Eras Tour. How is this an adequate comparison at all? Of course they've done more shows.

Also, their tickets are way cheaper than Taylor's in every market.

14 minutes ago, ttsmu said:

They have cheaper tickets and Taylor tour may end up grossing more even with less international dates thanks to how strong the US market is.

NEW DATES ADDED
August 27 – Mexico City

November 19 – Rio de Janeiro

November 24 – São Paulo

Fybt7SfWAAA3Uxr?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Yeah, because the average global ticket price is less than $90. We don't have firm data from the Eras tour yet but basically every reputable source has predicted the average to fall between $160 and $220. Of course Coldplay are able to play more shows when their tickets are half the price. Also, it's worth mentioning that Taylor isn't even close to exhausting her demand. There were a million people in line for tickets in Buenos Aires (13-15 total shows worth, depending on stadium capacity), and there were 2.6 million people in line for São Paulo tickets 40+ shows worth). Taylor will also be touring for the rest of this year and for a lot of next year, so it's incorrect for you to unilaterally state that the Coldplay tour is a better candidate for "tour of the year" than Taylor's. 

OTHs don't have braincells to understand this much. They deserve twitter carl's response. (@thisismetanking) 

Edited by Steve Johnson
  • Like 1

I can't believe she made them lineup for an extra week instead of just selling the tickets right now. That's harsh.

Not 12 stadiums sold out in minutes after hearing for months that she doesn't even have demand to tour in LATAM because those are not white countries. I have to laugh :bibliahh:

Anyone knows why there's such a big gap between the Mexico's and Argentina's dates? 

Edited by Klein
  • Haha 1

Just now, Klein said:

Anyone knows why there's such a big gap between Mexico and Argentina? 

Probably for rest but I'm hoping she fills it with dates in Canada and more places in LatAm lol

Just now, wastedpotential said:

Probably for rest but I'm hoping she fills it with dates in Canada and more places in LatAm lol

But wouldn't it make more sense to rest before or after touring in LATAM though? 

I'm calling a TS11 announcement for October. :eli:

6 minutes ago, Carry My Heart said:

NEW DATES ADDED
August 27 – Mexico City

November 19 – Rio de Janeiro

November 24 – São Paulo

Fybt7SfWAAA3Uxr?format=jpg&name=medium

She should add some dates in Monterrey and Guadalajara in Mexico. 

16 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Maybe go troll the Beyoncé thread if this bothers you so much.  There is more to the subjective title of “tour of the century” than just box office receipts.  

:deadbanana2: That thread is already full of trolls, no need for additional one. 

OT: Biggest and Most Impactful Tour of All Time. 

Just now, Klein said:

But wouldn't it make more sense to rest before or after touring in LATAM though? 

I'm calling a TS11 announcement for October. :eli:

Oh yeah, TS11 either announced or released in October is definitely a concept I'm seeing in some of the fan circles I run in

That OTH still here. My god,  the obsession is just next level.  

Edited by Steve Johnson

Just now, ttsmu said:

She should add some dates in Monterrey and Guadalajara in Mexico. 

Girl you can't be dragging Taylor's tour last page and then offering advice as to where she should go next on this page :gaycat7:

24 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Calm down mate. 

Ticketmaster's presale for Taylor Swift's Eras Tour on Tuesday was only supposed to be open to 1.5 million "verified" fans, but 14 million people tried to buy tickets on the day, Live Nation's chairman told CNBC's Squawk on the Street.

"Despite all the challenges and the breakdowns, we did sell over 2 million tickets that day," Live Nation's Greg Maffei said. "We could've filled 900 stadiums."

Catch the difference right here:

Coldplay already has had 120 stadium dates  x  Taylor Swift could have 900 stadium dats.

Only one of them has happened. Hope it clears things up.

OT: Poor fans simply couldn't get tickets today on general sales, like what is going? :deadbanana2: Who's getting these tickets? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.