Apple Vision Pro will replace IPhone

Gorjesspazze9

No it won't? :bibliahh:

• Like 1

No one is paying $3000 for a phone

The starting prices are not promising. They’ll need to cheapen it in a few years and have a robust second hand market just like with iPhones

Edited by liquiddiamonds

unless this product evolves into normal looking glasses/ contact lenses, its never happening :)

Edited by flower moon

I remember saying I would never get rid of my mp3 player and saying the iPhone would never replace it🤭 I also remember when people said no one would pay $1000 for a phone, yet here we are 15 years later

• Like 1

I would rather stab myself than wear that stupid **** on my head lmfao. No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unless these become literal glasses or contact lenses, it will not replace a phone lmfao. Please be serious. We've had VR headsets for the last 10 years, its niche. Very niche.

Sure, if you wanna get a dent on your skull :redface:

what a creepy and dystopian idea, the product looks great for some things (solo activities mainly) but the whole interacting with others and taking videos of family whilst wearing ski goggles that make it so they cant even see you is horrifying

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I remember saying I would never get rid of my mp3 player and saying the iPhone would never replace it🤭 I also remember when people said no one would pay $1000 for a phone, yet here we are 15 years later

Laptops and PCs existed for decades prior to smartphones and they still haven't been replaced. VR sets may carve out their own niche like the watches but they're not here to replace anything

• Like 1

In 3 years when everyone in this thread is using Vision Pro OS🤭

• Like 1

will only use it for watching p*rn

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, LustSpell said:

No one is paying $3000 for a phone

I think that the $3,000 price is meant at businesses; the Apple Vision Pro competes with Microsoft Holo Lens(a near decade old product), and Magic Leap, and perhaps Google Glass which all seem to be focused on business and corporate uses and not the casual mass market consumers like us.

I feel in a few years that Apple will eventually release a more "affordable" mass market option that will compete with Oculus and HTC Vive, etc...

Edited by Junipero

21 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

iPhone is literally an upgrade from iPod and MP3 players, the applying that logic to a phone vs a VR headset is so flawed and ridiculous:bibliahh:

• Like 2

Here for it tbh

• ATRL Moderator

Yeah, this is not happening. VR/AR will never be more convenient or practical than a smartphone. The convenience of the smartphone is why they dominate tech and VR/AR aren’t matching that. The Google Glass prototype was much more convenient than the current VR/AR headsets, but it was so difficult to use and worthless in terms of features that there was no argument for buying it. 

Tech bros on YouTube are some of the least serious people on the Internet. Most of their content is clickbait. These are the same people that said the Apple Watch was set to replace the iPhone. I wouldn’t take their predictions that seriously.  One of the few grounded ones is Tailosive Tech if you’re focusing on Apple products. 

• Like 1

Not me getting people riled up over a hypothesis YouTube tech video:rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.