I gave a note to a guy i have a crush on at a restaurant and he said he has a gf

MoonGoodandHappy

So after work i use to go to "Columbus" a french restaurant where the food is really good. And theres this beautiful guy who work there and who always ask me what do i want (he prepares the order) and each time i say "thank you" and leave to eat my sandwich in peace i'm frustrated because i want to tell him "hey you're very attractive, could i get your number ?" But i'm too shy for that and i'm scared he thinks i'm a predator/a weirdo. :monkey: And theres like 3 other worker around him, he's not alone and i dont want to do it in front of them. :monkey:

He is sooo cute...:monkey: What should i do to get his number ? :lakitu: 

Oh and by the way, sometimes he look at me with a smirky smile. (Or maybe it's just in my head).

UPDATE : My bestfriend gave him the note with my number in it... I hope i will not be rejected. :chick3:

UPDATE So... it's been 4 days and he didnt texted me... Not even a simple "i'm not interested"... i'm really sad about it... I'm like "maybe he just lost the note" which is possible because it's a very little piece of paper... but maybe not... The hardest will be to go to this restaurant again and see him.... it will be so awkward after that. :cries:

Update : My bestfriend asked him at the restaurant to make sure he didn't just lose the note and he said to her that "i was cute but he has a girlfriend" and that "i was more than welcome to come back at the restaurant" So now i know why. :heart2:

Edited by MoonGoodandHappy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MoonGoodandHappy

• Delirious

• Gwendolyn

• Kayseri Mantisi

Well to be honest you should just leave him alone.

Workers are just being nice to you because they're paid for it. I don't think they want to be asked any questions esp not getting hit on.

• Like 14

First you need to make sure he's not straight though :rip: Try to find his Insta through the restaurant's Instagram or something 

4 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Well to be honest you should just leave him alone.

Workers are just being nice to you because they're paid for it. I don't think they want to be asked any questions esp not getting hit on.

Ok. :monkey: thank you.

4 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

First you need to make sure he's not straight though :rip: Try to find his Insta through the restaurant's Instagram or something 

Omg thank you. You're right i will try to find him on IG. 

I can relate so hard. Like it's one thing seeing an attractive guy but how do I know he is gay? T.T My therapist (lol) always tells me to just go for it and ask. What's the worst thing that can happen? A No. End of story. I feel you and send u energy! 

12 minutes ago, iiswhoiis_max said:

What's the worst thing that can happen? A No. End of story. I feel you and send u energy! 

Sometimes in some cases this gets so embarrassing and traumatic though (happened to me before and still couldn't forget :rip:) So it's not always the perfect choice 

22 minutes ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

Omg thank you. You're right i will try to find him on IG. 

Let us know how it goes sis!

Eh I'd leave him alone probably but I get liking someone so do it if you wanna

However, you could give him a note with YOUR number and tell him to text you if he wanted. You could give it to him when no ones right next to him.

It wouldn't hurt to try. Whenever you see him next time, just strike up a natural conversation if he's not too busy. There's a familiarity there since you've seen him a couple of times before, so it wouldn't be odd to have a conversation. Wear a rainbow bracelet, or something to that effect, and see how he responds to you. You'll have to put yourself out there to some degree, so you'll need to be confident and secure in yourself.

Walk up to him as you’re leaving and say “thanks again”, then slip him a $100 bill folded up with a note inside that has your phone number and meet me at ___ hotel nearby when you’re off work. 

works every time. :nicole:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Sometimes in some cases this gets so embarrassing and traumatic though (happened to me before and still couldn't forget :rip:) So it's not always the perfect choice 

yes, not everyone deals with rejection well and that's ok, it also depends on where you are at emotionally and the person involved

I would definitely try and make a move though :gaynetcat4:

2 hours ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

So after work i use to go to "Columbus" a french restaurant where the food is really good. And theres this beautiful guy who work there and who always ask me what do i want (he prepares the order) and each time i say "thank you" and leave to eat my sandwich in peace i'm frustrated because i want to tell him "hey you're very attractive, could i get your number ?" But i'm too shy for that and i'm scared he thinks i'm a predator/a weirdo. :monkey: And theres like 3 other worker around him, he's not alone and i dont want to do it in front of them. :monkey:

Oh and by the way, sometimes he look at me with a smirky smile. (Or maybe it's just in my head).

"Thank you" is too little. 
Asking for his # is too much. 
Find something in between. Make a comment. Something about how good the food is there. Or whatever. Play it by ear. See how it goes. How he responds to you will tell you if he's just being polite or actually interested. 

Why don't you send him one of your what house would you choose to live in forever threads to break the ice. Everyone likes picking out one thing out of 10 options that they aren't really gonna get :-*

Edited by UnfairTop

As long as you’re able to handle rejection, what’s the worst that can happen?

How are you shy about something so simple? I literally see an attractive guy and I tell him on the spot even at times when he might just be walking I have been like “omg you’re hot!” And they smile and say thank you. Like… It’s no big deal.

Edited by SoExcited19
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Smarticle said:

Any other signs that he's giving u besides an alleged smirk ?

Not alleged :dies: 

Update : I will go to the restaurant today with my bestfriend and give him a note with my number on it. I hope he work today or i will try it another day.:bird:

On 6/10/2023 at 11:43 PM, MoonGoodandHappy said:

The delusions

Girl, this is all in your head

Ofc the waiters will ask you what you want and give you a smile

All they want from you is that generous tip. And no, not that tip

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, rhaenyra said:

The delusions

Girl, this is all in your head

Ofc the waiters will ask you what you want and give you a smile

All they want from you is that generous tip. And no, not that tip

I'm just a pisces sorry :chick1:

• Haha 1

I did it. Wish me good luck. :chick3:

Good on you for the courage! If he rejects you, respect it. but keep us updated, we may get the 1st ATRL wedding soon :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.