was 2013 the last iconic year for music?

tili33

Yep, it was to music what 1999 was to films. 

Yes. To be honest, I had stopped to care for pop landscape in 2015. 2017 was the last saving grace.

Why not 2016 when we had Beyoncé, Rihanna, Ariana, Adele from late 2015, Little Mix. 

• Like 3

2016 was iconic af. We had Bieber's Purpose era slaying, Rihanna's ANTI, The Weeknd's Beauty Behind The Madness, Beyonce's Lemonade, Drake's Views, Kanye West's Life Of Pablo, I Took A Pill In Ibiza 

whew all iconic

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, id say 2016 was pretty eventful in terms of names too

it was definitely iconic because of Lorde yeah :clap3:

nah was a boring year tbh.

Being more on the EDM side of things, also, absolutely. That wave lasted for a couple of years, afterwards, but things really started going downhill in 2019. Thinking about it, the majority of the 2010s was incredible.

17 hours ago, Cheers said:

2016 was iconic af. We had Bieber's Purpose era slaying, Rihanna's ANTI, The Weeknd's Beauty Behind The Madness, Beyonce's Lemonade, Drake's Views, Kanye West's Life Of Pablo, I Took A Pill In Ibiza 

whew all iconic

The pinnacle of EDM

NQ5N5tv.gif

2017 was pretty good too:

Look What You Made Me Do + Reputation 

Praying 

Katy's downfall 

Kendrick's album 

Mariah first broke the Top 10 with Xmas 

Ariana rising from the ashes of Manchester

All members of 1D charting solo 

3 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

2017 was pretty good too:

Look What You Made Me Do + Reputation 

Praying 

Katy's downfall 

Kendrick's album 

Mariah first broke the Top 10 with Xmas 

Ariana rising from the ashes of Manchester

All members of 1D charting solo 

+ Melodrama & CTRL

2015 was for me - not many popgirls served, but it had memorable singles. „Lean On” Alone…

Dr. Alexander

There was an obvious shift in 2018 with popular artists doing their best artistic work: Golden Hour, Sweetener, ASTROWORLD, Invasion of Privacy, Dirty Computer, Daytona, Isolation, Scorpion, KOD, Honey, Kids See Ghosts, Beerbongs and Bentleys, Caution.

It was an incredible year and is quite iconic. 2019 was good too.

2013 was absolutely awful especially after how excellent 2012 was.

2012 had Electra Heart, Sky Ferreira’s singles,  Fantasea, Born to Die + Paradise…

2013 makes me think of Blurred Lines, We Can’t Stop, ROAR (which is a terrible song, sorry), Artpop…. all of which I didn’t enjoy much.

2010 was the most iconic. Everyone was at the top of their game that year 

On 6/10/2023 at 12:58 PM, MadMax12 said:

2010 was the most iconic. Everyone was at the top of their game that year 

2010 was incredible. 

2013, 2016, 2020 were all iconic

In terms of pop music and the pop girls eating… there was no era like the early 2010s… and then just dropped off and rap took over. we need the girlz to save pop!!

Lowkey yes. Even regarding pop culture, there were so many big moments. Miley made the VMAs must watch television, but nowadays no one pays attention to any award show. I miss that year

No.

Gaga, Katy, Beyonce, Britney etc. are all incredible artists. But there always comes a time when any popular artist is overtaken by a younger successor.

I'm only 22, so I love the new pop girls (Olivia, Dua, Doja, Camila etc) & what they're all doing is just as incredible. But as I get older I want to try and stay open to new artists taking over & not become set in my ways with the nostalgia of the artists I grew up with.

With that said though, 2013 was an incredible year. Especially considering I will always have love for the Disney/Nick girls that raised me. & we had Ariana, Selena, Demi, Miley, Zendaya, Bridget, and Victoria all releasing music this year. So that made it an extra special year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.