• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tylerbv

• LovaticSwiftie

• SoulfulWings

• gagacasanova

I would've preferred 6 new songs rather than wasting one on She Don't Know live, but oh well.

I’m not sure I get the strategy (I actually don’t think they have one) behind this, but I actually liked D&R, so obviously I’ll be streaming the deluxe. 

The problem is this:

Why is this not being released until September? This needs to be out in July. OOTT is actually doing well on streaming, and if they’re going to try and give it legs to turn it into a hit, the album needs to be out sooner rather than later, especially with this being a deluxe release. Artists typically only get one more hit off of a deluxe reissue, and if OOTT ends up fizzling out, no one is going to care about this release by September, and it’ll basically just be the initial D&R release all over again. 

This isn’t the first time they’ve announced an album with a long wait for the release date, and it doesn’t work for her. It doesn’t work for nearly any artist-there’s maybe two that can get away with it. It’s a shame because Carrie is still putting out good albums, but the single choices and release plans have been horrid, and this time around D&R deserved so much more. 

OOTT and TMO are great tracks! Definitely better than half of the original album for sure. Hope OOTT becomes a hit for carrie. And TMO is probably a Carrie song that I really liked in a long while. 

Personally myself I don't know why a slot was wasted on a live track. Just drop a live album of the tour bb

10 hours ago, 1989 said:

Why is this not being released until September? This needs to be out in July.

Because her team sucks and has sucked for over a decade.  Her management team don't care and it is apparent Capitol Nashville aren't going to push.

She really made the wrong choice switching labels. :chick2:

1 hour ago, geddymonster said:

She really made the wrong choice switching labels. :chick2:

I thought so too after "End Up With You" and "Backsliding" weren't released (they would be promo singles at least on another label), but I'm sure her wallet and bearings as a full-blown "artist" say otherwise.

This label gives her the independence to produce and co-produce music, plus I don't see Arista Nashville providing a budget for her two passion projects one after the other (My Gift / My Savior). 

Why are they waiting till September to release this? It seems so far away when it should have been released next month.

TMO is a grower at least :jonnycat:

Am I missing something? How has Storyteller been top 200 on US Spotify for the past few months? It’s even outstreaming 21 :rip: 

Something seems off.

15 minutes ago, Tylerbv said:

Am I missing something? How has Storyteller been top 200 on US Spotify for the past few months? It’s even outstreaming 21 :rip: 

Something seems off.

Everybody say thank you Church Bells :toofunny3:

I know we all want the best for Carrie, but let me give u guys some advice from someone who's almost 40 and have been following the music scene ever since I was 11 lol

It's time to stop trying to understand...and just enjoy the music. It'll be healthier for you, believe me lol

3 hours ago, Popboi. said:

Everybody say thank you Church Bells :toofunny3:

It gets 70k streams daily.. no way thats enough even though at least 90% of those are american :deadbanana2:

This photo as the cover would have been a SLAY

spacer.png

Pink Champagne should have been the lead last summer.

Does anyone know if Take Me Out will get the single treatment? Best I've heard from her in a while.

On 6/9/2023 at 5:23 AM, LovaticSwiftie said:

Damage better be that big power ballad I'm waiting for!

:alexz:

give me something on the scale of Backsliding to Just a Dream to I Know You Won't. 

11 hours ago, wren said:

:alexz:

give me something on the scale of Backsliding to Just a Dream to I Know You Won't. 

Backsliding 2.0 or Starts With Goodbye 2.0. please! :jonny5:

• 1 month later...

This new song, why was this not part of D&R? it's beautiful! 

Wasn't to keen on the snippet, but the full song is beautiful! The chorus hits you right in the feels.

This is nice. I like that it's another ballad since that was lacking from the original album.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.