• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tylerbv

• LovaticSwiftie

• SoulfulWings

• gagacasanova

Here for this actually! Let's go Carrie :jamming:

September :deadbanana2: I'm really looking forward to this though, I love the album.

I hope this next single takes off and the reissue gives some new life to the album cause unfortunately everything after Ghost Story flopped

What do you think the gameplan is here? Release the deluxe, Vegas until December, and then another tour to promote it? 

wait I thought they were just adding an additional song they’re really re-releasing?! Weird bc the era died like debut week. 

I’m surprised there’s physicals of the deluxe 

I'm excited to buy the deluxe physical since it's a new cover + new songs :duca: 

I wish she would stop flopping though, idk what has happened to her career lately

Damage is gonna be a slay :clap3:

I wish they put more effort into the cover.. the editing is weak.

Yeah, the deluxe cover is worse than the original but at least it's different and not just the word "deluxe" plastered on the same cover. I like "Take Me Out" and am glad it exceeds four minutes (even if only by three seconds).

The cover is giving "the budget ran out" but perched since this era was great.

3 hours ago, LikeAChampion said:

What do you think the gameplan is here? Release the deluxe, Vegas until December, and then another tour to promote it? 

Wouldn't be surprised if she announces a second leg of the D&R Tour. Looks like they are trying to save this era instead of moving on to another one, after the last single flopped and the album underperformed. Out Of That Truck seems like a possible hit to revive this era. And them releasing a deluxe in september is probably to try to get the #1 album on the country album chart since it missed it on release week. Right now it would be impossible to get it because of Morgan Wallen.

Edited by SamanthaJadeFr

Somebody need to remind her that’s she’s a main girl. What is this cover ?!

i’m so happy out of that truck is getting properly physically released 

Another months-in-advance release announcement and it's for a deluxe? Hmmmm

i really hate reissues like this. But oh well, we will be streaming

September??? Um ok I'll be waiting then babe

I don’t get why this isn’t coming out in like July

Honestly this move makes sense.

D&R was a disaster. I fail to understand why they didn’t go with Velvet Heartbreak or Pink Champagne for the lead single, when both would’ve done far better for the summer than Ghost Story.

With Out of the Truck responding so well on streaming, may help build back some momentum. Especially considering how massive IIDLY was, Carrie’s team should’ve released a banger as a lead for D&R.

Hopefully this will revive this era and give it some much needed life into it. And now that Out of that Truck is on a proper album I can't wait to see it fly up the country radio charts.

I actually like the cover, she looks beautiful.

I'm glad she's trying to revive this era. The album is great, it didn't deserve to flop that hard. Having said that, I don't see a clear strategy to try to make a strong come back. They clearly didn't have one for the original release and I don't think they have it for this second attempt.

Anyways, I hope the new songs are as strong as the original material, but I also hope they are longer. The first 12 songs are all good (apart from HMM), but they are way too short. I imagine that's for streaming purposes, but Carrie is not really a streaming artist, so I hope she returns to her longer songs now and in the future.

I may be snatching the deluxe vinyl. I didn't buy the original D&R vinyl so now it's my time... I'm glad she's releasing it...

The late release is obviously to try to gain some momentum for OOTT, as they just barely sent it for adds last week :rip: It started with 44 for adds for a total of 47 adds to date. Hoping she hasn’t completely killed her goodwill on radio with all these terrible single choices from back-to-back albums. OOTT has actually been streaming well.

This announcement made me listen to the album again and it finally clicked - it is a decent record (not spectacular) and deserves second wind

8 hours ago, LVP said:

This announcement made me listen to the album again and it finally clicked - it is a decent record (not spectacular) and deserves second wind

Yeah it’s the first good thing they’ve done for the era since the kickass GS performance (which should’ve been at the Grammys but whatever). The record is solid and has some fun gems.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.