Taylor Swift - "Cruel Summer"

Michael196

A smash is a smash no matter how many years pass by, DESTROY THIS SUMMER TAYLOR 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael196

• LiamVillain

• Maroonx

• Klein

6 hours ago, Steve Johnson said:

21 june - start of summer. 

20 june - cruel summer impact. 

Can this be anymore perfect? 

What if I told you I’m a mastermind indeed :giraffe:

OT: I fear it’s going to get the tour video. Fearless and Sparks Fly did, and much like Cruel Summer, they’re among her best singles of all time. 

i would be a bit worried about it cannibalizing SNTV but well...all too well 10MV was only a moment for a few weeks anyway

I am beyond shook its not even computing for me :jonny2: I cannot believe they did it and properly released it as a single now...Taylor truly is the popgirl that LISTENS to what fans want and gives them EVERYTHING and more. Its insane! so friggin happy lol

Now one of u girls must update her wikipedia singles page and add Cruel Summer as an official single por favor :eli: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Swift_singles_discography 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael196 said:

A deluxe in the right week would catapult it back to #1 :dies:

All The Gays

Need

Cruel Summer St Vincent Remix

a couple Elvira and acoustic versions of album tracks and the alburm would go #1 with like 100k sps and could snatch that #1 :lmao: 

4 hours ago, Safe&Sound said:

She has 2 Speak Now singles to push though

Isnt there rumor about Enchanted TV short film and Timeless will be Pop single a la Message in The Bottle? :skull:

Hope it wont kill each other's momentum

15 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

i would be a bit worried about it cannibalizing SNTV but well...all too well 10MV was only a moment for a few weeks anyway

yeah the re recordings are not meant to be fully fleshed out eras tbh. I am guessing it will be another Red TV type of thing that kinda last one month tops. 

Enchanted TV will prob get a nice mv and maybe a pre recorded performance from the tour being aired at some award show and thats about it. Maybe one song sent to country or alternative radio etc.

Cruel Summer and Midnights wont really outshine Speak Now TV since that era is meant to only realistically last a couple weeks. 

5 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Isn't TTH for recent songs by definition? Did they give a spot to Kate Bush, Bloody Mary or die for you?

Kate was added, the other 2 weren’t

5 hours ago, Safe&Sound said:

She has 2 Speak Now singles to push though

Isnt there rumor about Enchanted TV short film and Timeless will be Pop single a la Message in The Bottle? :skull:

Hope it wont kill each other's momentum

Those will last like a week lol just like ATW, it's meant to be a mini revisit not really a push in radio and playlists (maybe enchanted but I doubt it). Karma is going #1 on pop an cruel summer will be carried by radio and steaming all summer 

• Like 1

Up to #24 on Apple Music now :bibliahh: Inb4 it re enters the top 10 on Spotify :deadbanana4:

8 hours ago, Steve Johnson said:

Exactly like do folks here really know how these thing work? 

Karma remix (good or bad) really helped. 

It received no spins and tanked instantly on streaming. Any success was down to the original. The irony 

someone already mentioned it but i can definitely imagine her commissioning a St Vincent remix if this keeps growing 

but idk how that would go because Annie is not much of a singer she prefers producing and playing guitar, this song doesn’t need any instrumental changes 

30 minutes ago, Saint James said:

someone already mentioned it but i can definitely imagine her commissioning a St Vincent remix if this keeps growing 

but idk how that would go because Annie is not much of a singer she prefers producing and playing guitar, this song doesn’t need any instrumental changes 

Excuse me?!

thanks olivia rodrigo for your service of awakening taylor swift's pettiness, the four year old olivia rodrigo plagiarism bridge song will now hit #1

4 hours ago, IBeMe said:

All The Gays

Need

Cruel Summer St Vincent Remix

a couple Elvira and acoustic versions of album tracks and the alburm would go #1 with like 100k sps and could snatch that #1 :lmao: 

This would be amazing... I doubt she'll do this though :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maroonx said:

This would be amazing... I doubt she'll do this though :(

I know this sounds delusional but I actually think shell do something for Lover! It is probably the only explanation for why she hasnt tacked on All The Gays to Lover on spotify already. I have a feeling she is waiting to actually do like a Lover: More Love Deluxe Edition or something and hence why she didnt feel the need to add All The Gays to Lover just yet! She wants to make it an event by also including Need and whatever else she has planned! I just wonder when she will wanna do something like that lol. Prob on a off year where she isnt releasing new music and in between so many eras already. Could see her doing it in like 2025 or something  

5 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

I know this sounds delusional but I actually think shell do something for Lover! It is probably the only explanation for why she hasnt tacked on All The Gays to Lover on spotify already. I have a feeling she is waiting to actually do like a Lover: More Love Deluxe Edition or something and hence why she didnt feel the need to add All The Gays to Lover just yet! She wants to make it an event by also including Need and whatever else she has planned! I just wonder when she will wanna do something like that lol. Prob on a off year where she isnt releasing new music and in between so many eras already. Could see her doing it in like 2025 or something  

I hope you're right... Even if she just slaps 'All of the Girls' onto a digital Deluxe edition with a remix or two, that would be fab as well... I can see sales going up for the album.

Fever dream high in the quiet of the night you know that I caught it

What an opening line, imagine if She made this the opening track instead of that song. :jonnycat:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.