Taylor Swift - "Cruel Summer"

Michael196

i've been reading all over twitter that a Lover deluxe is dropping on friday. Do we know if any of that is true? :deadbanana4:

In a perfect world she would rerelease Lover with Cruel Summer's MV and bag that #1. 

I do think this song can go #1 in the long run tho, it's already doing big numbers and it would be nice for a (good) song from Lover to smash... and hit #1 since the other 2 couldn't. I don't even think it needs a remix but if she remixes it I hope it's with a good artist

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael196

• LiamVillain

• Maroonx

• LostInStereo100

please no remix. there’s something *special* happening with this song and i feel like a remix could potentially ruin that. 

just let the song keep doing it’s thing. it’s made it this far with no signs of slowing down so let it keep going. 

@Cruel Summer and I were right after all :fan:

This will end up being one of her biggest hits EVER :fan:

• Like 1

Yeah it really feels like this is properly smashing. I feel like they should rush a video, and soon. I’m worried about the SNTV hype detracting from it, honestly I wish it was coming in the fall now.

4 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

I’ve been following music charts since middle school many years ago and this is—unheard of for me? A single released 4 years later and smashing? Are there other modern examples?

Over the past year or so a lot of older songs have become Hot 100/radio hits:

#3 - Kate Bush - "Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)" (from 1985)(#5 on radio songs)

#28 - Sia - "Unstoppable" (from 2016)(#7 on radio songs) 

#1 - The Weeknd - "Die For You" (from 2016)(#1 on radio songs)

#12 - Chris Brown - "Under The Influence" (from 2019)(#6 on radio songs)

#12 - Miguel - "Sure Thing" (from 2011)(#6 on radio songs)

#41 - Lady Gaga - "Bloody Mary" (from 2011)(#13 on radio songs)

Can't wait to see how far the masterpiece that is "Cruel Summer" can go! :jonny6: 

5 hours ago, KOMH said:

A Reputation-lite track smashing like this :clap:

Huh?

Cruel Summer clearly belongs on 1989 or even dare I say Red but def not Reputation lol. 

I've been seeing the posts about resurgent songs but this feels way different. It's going to be stable and less trend driven because it's organic and not some quick flash in the pan like those coming out of Stranger Things and Wednesday. It's also not sped up. 🤦🏻‍♂️

50 minutes ago, Exodus said:

Huh?

Cruel Summer clearly belongs on 1989 or even dare I say Red but def not Reputation lol. 

I've been seeing the posts about resurgent songs but this feels way different. It's going to be stable and less trend driven because it's organic and not some quick flash in the pan like those coming out of Stranger Things and Wednesday. It's also not sped up. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Honestly, I can’t be one to judge cause I’m not a huge Taylor Stan, but I get Reputation vibes from this song as well. I think that’s why I like it so much cause it reminded me of Reputation.

i don’t know why :dies: 

cruel summer us spotify:

Peak #3(x2)

love to see her matching that one day peak

4 hours ago, LostInStereo100 said:

Honestly, I can’t be one to judge cause I’m not a huge Taylor Stan, but I get Reputation vibes from this song as well. I think that’s why I like it so much cause it reminded me of Reputation.

i don’t know why :dies: 

It's like getaway car which is on reputation. You are not wrong :razzle:

12 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

I’ve been following music charts since middle school many years ago and this is—unheard of for me? A single released 4 years later and smashing? Are there other modern examples?

See You Again by Tyler the Creator is right under Cruel Summer on Spotify Charts at 4 and it’s from 2017. During the streaming age old fan favorites can crossover and get their due credit from the GP

Pop

27.(+2) Cruel Summer

Spins: 2.311 (+230)

Audience: 10.467M (+0.915M)

HAC

38.(+2) Cruel Summer

Spins: 195 (+40)

Audience: 1.870M (+0.366M)

Cruel Summer (US)

Spotify: #3 (=)

Amazon: #5 (+2)

iTunes: #8 (=)

AM: #22 (+9) *#12 excluding new releases*

Radio: #87 (+12)

Shazam: #149 (+9)

"Cruel Summer" on Spotify [20/06]:

WW: #12 (=) — 3,044,654

US: #3 (=) — 928,968

UK: #12 (+8) — 182,297

Ireland: #6 (+11)

Philippines #7 (=)

Canada: #13 (+4)

Australia: #17 (+8)

Portugal: #54 (+106)

Austria: #87 (+57)

Belgium: #137 (re)

Switzerland: #149 (re)

Germany: #179 (NEW)

US Radio Overall

Cruel Summer - 12.53M (+1.30M) *3rd biggest increase

Edited by Michael196

1 hour ago, liquiddiamonds said:

See You Again by Tyler the Creator is right under Cruel Summer on Spotify Charts at 4 and it’s from 2017. During the streaming age old fan favorites can crossover and get their due credit from the GP

Another song that reminds me of this is Truth Hurts by Lizzo. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Puta stans trying to claim this song now :rip:

Embarrassing :priceless:

• Thumbs Down 1

I mean Cruel Summer pre-chorus is taken from Don't Blame Me original verse which was scrapped. 

15 hours ago, dooart said:

i've been reading all over twitter that a Lover deluxe is dropping on friday. Do we know if any of that is true? :deadbanana4:

In a perfect world she would rerelease Lover with Cruel Summer's MV and bag that #1. 

I do think this song can go #1 in the long run tho, it's already doing big numbers and it would be nice for a (good) song from Lover to smash... and hit #1 since the other 2 couldn't. I don't even think it needs a remix but if she remixes it I hope it's with a good artist

There's no way that's happening, especially since Speak Now is coming in a few weeks. :gaycat6:

„Cruel Summer” belongs to „Out of the Woods” and „Getaway Car” trilogy.

It's flying up the Spotify charts so quickly :deadbanana: once they put it on TTH it is over 

Is there an official single cover yet?  Also, will there be remixes released?

3 hours ago, By the Water said:

Puta stans trying to claim this song now :rip:

2 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Embarrassing :priceless:

Nothing embarrassing about it.

And we don't even have to claim it. This songs takes so many elements from Getaway Car and DBM (scrapped version)

Cruel Summer is cute for Lover fans

But lemme remind you all , DBM started this all.

Let's see if Cruel Summer remains over 1m streams for over a year :giraffe:

This is so going top 10, where did it peak before? 

5 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

This is so going top 10, where did it peak before? 

They need to promote this in August and have Speak Now TV its moment in July

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.