Taylor Swift - "Cruel Summer"

Michael196

The organic success on every single metric and platform... once that radio AI stacks up and it receives a full push on all services with an MV it is so over :deadbanana2:

• Like 2

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael196

• LiamVillain

• Maroonx

• Klein

9 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Yeah I highly doubt this will go #1 so I feel like many people are setting themselves up for disappointment :deadbanana4:

Because really it doesn’t need to go #1, I mean great if it does and I don’t think it’s totally impossible, but I suspect it’ll have great longevity and maybe peak in the top 5 which is more than enough. It can still be one of her biggest hits while not going #1. We need them to push it globally though because that’s more important than going #1 in the US I think. Huge potential all over Europe, Latam, Asia, Aus/NZ and so on.

Yeah I agree

A #5 peak with lots of longevity seems more possible

This song is for sure going to be more important than all her recent #1s in the long run

It doesn’t matter if she doesn’t hit #1

she sounds so passionate about this song that I think she'll personally push this to be her 10th (or 11th :eli:) #1.

#9 (+4) on US iTunes. new peak

Release remixes and single CDs :alexz3:

12 hours ago, Magdalene said:

i don’t mean to harp on the olivia “feud” but just the sheer coincidence that the song behind their cold war picks up massive traction to become an official single just before olivia’s song comes out is :deadbanana4:

the universe loves fuckery i think 

I love Olivia and wish her success but I've been thinking how ironic it'd be if Vampire is a Taylor diss track and ends up flopping while Cruel Summer smashes

Did this debut on Hot AC yet? It got another huge pop update :rip:

The timing of all of this is insane. Olivia about to drop new material, literally entering summer with a title about summer, song already having 650 million streams on Spotify is just starting to explode now :dies: 

This could become her biggest song of all time on Spotify :dies:  Plus I feel like when Olivia drops, it will create more buzz for CS :dies: 

She's insane for this

Lover is still here, and haters can't stand it

13 hours ago, Nova_23 said:

there’s something to be said about watching a song gain popularity and grow organically into becoming a smash. 

i feel like i haven’t witnessed something like this in a LONG time if ever. 

it's only really possible with the combination of streaming having a large enough portion of the charts formula and tiktok's ability to make music viral so it could only really happen within the last few years to be fair. not to say this isn't unusual and super impressive. 

So cut the headlights, summer's a knife
I'm always waiting for you just to cut to the bone
Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes
And if I bleed, you'll be the last to know

Just re-fell in LOVE with LOVER. I'm down to get this to #1, Swiftie Nation :heart2: what do we do!

dancing-summer.gif

I’ve posted about this so many times but I just can’t get over Cruel Summer being an official single. After All To We’ll got the single treatment I was so excited for Enchanted and Don’t Blame Me to get a release with the re-recordings. I never thought I’d see Cruel Summer become a single since she doesn’t have to re-record Lover. I hope she drops a deluxe version on the 4 year anniversary this August with extra songs from the vault and the Lover (single) remix and All Of The Girls You Love Before added on the album.

We need the Apple Music users to wake up. 

littlebodybigheart

radio, streaming and sales are all on board with this song :jonny:

1 minute ago, SleepingTigers said:

We need the Apple Music users to wake up. 

It’s at 37 currently, which is pretty good for a pop song on Apple Music since it’s more Hiphop/rap based than Spotify. It’s been steadily climbing for weeks up the charts there!

4 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

radio, streaming and sales are all on board with this song :jonny:

It really is shaping up well. Cruel Summer is the next Running Up That Hill/Die For You. It should easily go top 10 looking at the sales and streaming numbers with such little airplay. It’s also the perfect time for this song to take off. It’s giving California Girls summer 2010, aka a perfect summer bop :jamming: 

Edited by PurrKaty

No remixes or videos or anything anytime soon. Let it grow organically as much as it can first. 

19 minutes ago, Arrows said:

What’s its predicted position for next week on the chart?

Last prediction I saw it was supposed to be at #39 this Monday or Tuesday when the article comes out.

I’m excited to see its jump the next week now that it’s top 10 on iTunes and Spotify. Top 40 on Apple Music. And it’s gaining over .8M consistently on radio prior to its adds date, which is this week actually.

the way a video could push this to #1.

do it.

:jonny6: Smashing hard! I'm glad this song is getting its time of day.

Edited by Acuminatus

Being her fan must be so fun. There is always something insane and exciting happening with her career

8 minutes ago, collin said:

Being her fan must be so fun. There is always something insane and exciting happening with her career

It is :foxaylove:

• Like 1

Part of me hopes this song doesn’t even get a MV. 

It almost feels like no visuals could live up the greatness of the song itself :WAP:

Especially not another cheesy, self-directed, green-screen messy MV

Lover truly had a horrible rollout. The first two singles being unlistenable ruined non-fan interest in the album. And then those that did decide to list to the album pressed play on track 1 and heard IFTYE :rip: The 3 worst songs on the album

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.