Taylor Swift - "Cruel Summer"

Michael196

People do too much on Me! It was a clear play for the success of Can't Stop The Feeling + High Hopes, so it's not as if the sounds weren't relevant at the time. Cruel Summer didn't feel like an obvious hit in 2019 - always gave fan favorite that would flop if pushed as a single, like Getaway Car (except better). But now that it's entrenched itself, it seems better poised.

Edited by RobynYoBank
  • Like 2

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael196

• LiamVillain

• Maroonx

• Klein

i don’t mean to harp on the olivia “feud” but just the sheer coincidence that the song behind their cold war picks up massive traction to become an official single just before olivia’s song comes out is :deadbanana4:

the universe loves fuckery i think 

6 hours ago, LostInStereo100 said:

How were the streams of August in 2021 and 2022? 

1st of august 2021 - 600k

1st of august 2022 - 1M

49 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

i don’t mean to harp on the olivia “feud” but just the sheer coincidence that the song behind their cold war picks up massive traction to become an official single just before olivia’s song comes out is :deadbanana4:

the universe loves fuckery i think 

It's such a ridiculous series of events that I'm halfway convinced the song will overperform, have a chance at #1 and get blocked by Olivia.

it might repeak here in my country (Philippines) It's been hovering here at #7 on spotify for a few days now.:coffee2:

11 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

It's such a ridiculous series of events that I'm halfway convinced the song will overperform, have a chance at #1 and get blocked by Olivia.

I'm thinking Olivia will peak at no.1 for around the first 2 weeks of July, while Cruel Summer will ascend on the chart (radio + streaming push + possible video release)

From the latter half of July, Vampire and Cruel Summer will battle for the no.1 

5 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

The way she can just casually release a 5 year old song and have it slay the charts is insane. Her power really is unmatched :deadbanana2:

when you put it this way tho :jonnycat:

there’s something to be said about watching a song gain popularity and grow organically into becoming a smash. 

i feel like i haven’t witnessed something like this in a LONG time if ever. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

20 minutes ago, reymiu said:

I'm thinking Olivia will peak at no.1 for around the first 2 weeks of July, while Cruel Summer will ascend on the chart (radio + streaming push + possible video release)

From the latter half of July, Vampire and Cruel Summer will battle for the no.1 

I actually don't think #1 is happening for Cruel summer

She has so much going on that's it difficult for 1 singular song to get all attention 

A cute Top 10 peak with multiple weeks in top 10 will seal the deal and make it a classic Taylor Swift song

Yeah I highly doubt this will go #1 so I feel like many people are setting themselves up for disappointment :deadbanana4:

Because really it doesn’t need to go #1, I mean great if it does and I don’t think it’s totally impossible, but I suspect it’ll have great longevity and maybe peak in the top 5 which is more than enough. It can still be one of her biggest hits while not going #1. We need them to push it globally though because that’s more important than going #1 in the US I think. Huge potential all over Europe, Latam, Asia, Aus/NZ and so on.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

I actually don't think #1 is happening for Cruel summer

She has so much going on that's it difficult for 1 singular song to get all attention 

A cute Top 10 peak with multiple weeks in top 10 will seal the deal and make it a classic Taylor Swift song

31 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Yeah I highly doubt this will go #1 so I feel like many people are setting themselves up for disappointment :deadbanana4:

Because really it doesn’t need to go #1, I mean great if it does and I don’t think it’s totally impossible, but I suspect it’ll have great longevity and maybe peak in the top 5 which is more than enough. It can still be one of her biggest hits while not going #1. We need them to push it globally though because that’s more important than going #1 in the US I think. Huge potential all over Europe, Latam, Asia, Aus/NZ and so on.

This. 

49 minutes ago, Nova_23 said:

2m+ this year omg 

Much more than that. 

4 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Much more than that. 

I think boost my little bit tepid unlike last years cause it's already doing a lot

Maybe 2.5m at best

I feel like this might have a Delicate type of chart run :michael: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SweetTalker said:

A Top 10 peak and Delicate type chart run would be awesome

Although Delicate never had this high streaming stats so let's see

3 minutes ago, SweetTalker said:

Expect Delicate wasn’t doing very good on streaming. Cruel Summer is already #6 on US Spotify

I hope she gives enough push to at least for it to battle for 1 or just doesn’t do anything, let it grow organically with single treatment. Her “half-push” for almost every single after Cardigan is a bit tiring. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

already tagging the most important radio in Spain asking them to play it :coffee2: im on it!

Pop radio will eat this up and give a very cute adventage for hot 100

15 minutes ago, Mate said:

Are we getting a mv?

She should, if she want that Top 10 (possibly Top 5) peak. :fan:

🎧| "Cruel Summer" By: #TaylorSwift on Spotify Charts [06/17] 

🌎Global: #15 (=) — 2,746,592 (-3.04%) - 132 Days - Peak #5
🇺🇸US: #6 (=) — 863,421 (-2.49%) - 219 Days - Peak #3

Stayble on a Saturday

Should have over 10M in airplay prior to its radio adds date :duca: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.