Disney is lazy af....

Bencharmer

7 hours ago, XAMJ said:

your faux outrage over a very valid poc's comment is hilarious. 

I don't think opposing minorities is valid. Sorry!

We black people support everybody but asking for anybody to support us is like pulling teeth.

I was excited for him when he got cast... if only he could show support to other minorities instead of feeding into the racist bs.

Edited by WBTlove

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XAMJ

• WBTlove

• JonginBey

• Year of Shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. It's not just Disney though, it's Hollywood in general. Lazy, uncreative and banking on established IPs (who needs a HP reboot for example?). The basic GP will still eat it up though :clown:

That’s cuz all thier new IP’s keep flopping. (Other then Encanto and Marvel) 

2 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

no introduction no full sentence in the title no context girl YOU are lazy af!

1 hour ago, Gwendolyn said:

Not even in the right section too! Entertainment is right there babe x

:toofunny3:

barbiegrande
2 hours ago, onapearl said:

That's all movie studios anymore. Heavy reliance on franchising. Unfortunately for people who prefer creativity and innovation, it's what makes the most money. 

Disney is particularly worse about it though. Universal and Sony are at least delivering quality 

And their ***** P*xar is about to do:

Toy Story 5

Inside Out 2

Some rumors state they are consdiering Cars 4 as well. 

And DreamWorks is about to jump in with How To Train Your Dragon Live Action 

No wonder Mar*o made $1.3B the competition is a bunch of CLOWNS 

I hope they flop so hard that they are forced to sell back the rights of Star Wars and MARVEL so they can stop ******* up those franchises.

Edited by Disconnect

Aladdin 2 & Mulan 2 were probably scrapped

I remember the Aladdin actor got mad cause they were developping Mermaid but not his sequel

Add Maleficent 3 to the list :bird:

TLM, one of their biggest IP did okay-ish.. I don't see any of these doing better than TLM.. Moana maybe? 

6 hours ago, WBTlove said:

Aladin 2 should not be made.

let that lead actor seethe.

if anything, make a movie about the Genie. Will Smith was the real attraction to the movie.

i do Hope Disney announces the Little Mermaid 2 tho.

please no :rip: 

and no he wasn't :skull:

the problem is they can't deliver high quality remakes. like the only good ones are The Jungle Book & Cinderella & maybe Cruella

• ATRL Moderator

People need to stop going to see these movies. So long as they’re profitable, Disney and company have no incentive to tell original stories. 

It's just greedy. 

Unfortunately we live in the franchise/remake/reboot era and I blame the braindead audience for that. Disney is a for-profit business and, contrary to what many conspiracy theorists believe, there's no secret agenda besides making money.

So, stop supporting that trash and companies will move on. :michael:

They have no incentive to be otherwise, they always win because they're too big to fail.

12 hours ago, Bloo said:

People need to stop going to see these movies. So long as they’re profitable, Disney and company have no incentive to tell original stories. 

A strong pivot of success of those Disney remakes is the morbid curiosity on how actors and CGI animation will approximate the visuality of the original work and storyline adoption.

Creating a sequel, in most cases, is not going to turn the same triumph or might even fail to turn a considerable profit like Maleficent. 

21 hours ago, XAMJ said:

your faux outrage over a very valid poc's comment is hilarious. 

*****, bye. There was nothing valid about any of his racist remarks. 

2 hours ago, JonginBey said:

*****, bye. There was nothing valid about any of his racist remarks. 

there was nothing racist said by him, bye

11 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

there was nothing racist said by him, bye

Play dumb with someone else.

28 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Play dumb with someone else.

explain to me what is racist sis? it crossed 1 billion due to its mass appeal, something the little mermaid will never do :alexz2:

i don't think the little mermaid will get a sequel but Cruella did get a sequel even though it grossed way less than Aladdin so he was not wrong

Elliott Bullock II on Twitter: "Mena Massoud choosed violence with that  comment about The Little Mermaid's box office and now TLM stans are coming  after him. 😬 https://t.co/mbfz4x29Rq" / Twitter

On 6/7/2023 at 5:34 AM, Bloo said:

Or pay for an original movie instead when you see a Disney turd like I did when I went to see The Little Cashgrab. :clap3:

I'd be ok with remaking the oldest films from the thirties - fiftes since they're so old now (almost 100 for snow white)
(Which also means once it's been 100 years since Snow White's original release it goes public domain since it's creators all died.)

Doesn’t fell off so hard. Even their Pixar movies have been **** 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.