Are Pink’s album sales impressive?

VioletsandRoses

Pink’s longevity has been very impressive especially with hits up until 2017. Her album sales have also been steady up until Beautiful Trauma, but atrl seems to ignore her stability. According to Chartmasters these are her album sales 

Can’t Take Me Home (2000)-4.36 million 

Missundazstood (2001/2)- 12.37 million 

Try This (2003)- 2.81 million (her first flop but still did well in Oceania and Europe)

I’m Not Dead (2006)- 6.46 million (similar sales to Loose and B’day despite being labeled a underperformance)

Funhouse (2008)- 6.9 million 

Greatest Hits (2010)- 5 million 

The Truth About Love (2012)- 5.67 million (More than Unapologetic, Self Titled, Prism, and Artpop) 

Beautiful Trauma (2017)- 2.6 million (during the streaming era)

Edited by VioletsandRoses
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Can’t take me home completely bomb. Missundazstood & The Truth About Love are her eras that really did SLAYAGE! :duca:

• Like 1

Yes. She has been underrated her entire career

• Like 2

Ugh they were so steady until her last two albums that she def did not care about.

• Like 1

Yes :clap3:

I love Pink and she's very underrated on this site 

• Like 2

Definitely. To think "Try This" was her biggest flop 3 years into her 20+ year career 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Power love said:

Can’t take me home completely bomb. Missundazstood & The Truth About Love are her eras that really did SLAYAGE! :duca:

It’s multi platinum in the US, Canada and Australia. About 100k off double platinum in the UK and platinum in New Zealand. It was a r&b album local to the anglosphere. Funhouse selling almost 7 million with off So What alone. Sober was also a great seller!

6 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Definitely. To think "Try This" was her biggest flop 3 years into her 20+ year career 

It was too hard rock for the gp. Trouble still did great in most of Europe and Oceania and so did the album. The album is a banger though. Last To Know, Love Song and OMG :jonny6:

It's impressive because of longevity. But she also regularly works with hit producers like Max Martin and Shellback so it's not surprising. 

She had the second or third most longevity out of her peers so yes!

the majority of her hits were produced by max martin and dr luke, so not really

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, VioletsandRoses said:

It’s multi platinum in the US, Canada and Australia. About 100k off double platinum in the UK and platinum in New Zealand. It was a r&b album local to the anglosphere. Funhouse selling almost 7 million with off So What alone. Sober was also a great seller!

It was too hard rock for the gp. Trouble still did great in most of Europe and Oceania and so did the album. The album is a banger though. Last To Know, Love Song and OMG :jonny6:

You spilled! Last to Know is still that bop

Interestingly, it was her first #1 album in many parts of Europe and sold on par with Britney's "In the Zone" in Europe and both were November 2003 releases 

The answer is yes!

1 hour ago, brenda-walsh said:

the majority of her hits were produced by max martin and dr luke, so not really

How did that work for miss Aguilera??

OT: She's a LEGEND but definitely underrated on ATRL.:jonnycat:

oh, absolutely. her WW longevity is unmatched. she's the closest to Madonna, Mariah, Beyonce, and Taylor

alas, she doesn't get half the credit because she doesn't fit into society's image of a what a "real woman" should look and sound like. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

only the flying lady :chick3::clap3:

36 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

How did that work for miss Aguilera??

She's not chasing hits if that's what you're implying. She only worked with Max on two songs and never with Dr. Luke / Shellback.

1 hour ago, Ahmedsson said:

oh, absolutely. her WW longevity is unmatched. she's the closest to Madonna, Mariah, Beyonce, and Taylor

alas, she doesn't get half the credit because she doesn't fit into society's image of a what a "real woman" should look and sound like. 

THIS

Funhouse was her last good project.. I said what i said. 

Funhouse is her best era

But yeah her sales were impressive until 2012

Absolutely. And even her touring stats.

Sometimes I hate to see how underrated she is in every aspect while others being praised left and right.

Not sure what was your source here, but I'm pretty sure TTAL has sold at least 6.5m pure copies WW.

• Like 1

She’s not a threat to the suburban housewives, plays it safe album after album, isn’t considered “beautiful” by the public. She’s a non threat so they eat her up. Good for her tbh

She could sell a billion albums and I'd still not care

9 minutes ago, Beyonceist said:

She could sell a billion albums and I'd still not care

Yet you are here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.