Is this the quintessential Rihanna song?

Mark Rih

Just saw the MV on TV after a long time and whew this **** is still IT. I feel like it's the song that represents her music brand the most: insanely catchy, very danceable, playful, sexy. It contains elements of electropop, R&B and reggae which were her main genres over the years. Not to mention it's produced by Stargate and written by Ester Dean (some of her historic collaborators) and it was a huge smash WW, as a testament of her hitmaking abilities.

If I had to choose only one song to sum up Rihanna's musical style it would definitely be this one :celestial6:

• Like 1

I think it's the quintessential Rihanna sex anthem....but BBHMM takes the cake as the quintessential Rihanna song 

rihannafan

I think that's What's My Name or Talk That Talk

I feel like her catalogue is too diverse to have one quintessential song, but yeah, I'd say either this or BBHMM would be the best choices. 

Just now, rihannafan said:

I think that's What's My Name or Talk That Talk

WMN would be my #2 pick and TTT is a good one too :celestial5:

14 minutes ago, NumbSoul said:

I feel like her catalogue is too diverse to have one quintessential song, but yeah, I'd say either this or BBHMM would be the best choices. 

This. BBHMM and Needed Me I think are. Like... nobody else could EVER.

• Like 1

I came here to say Rude Boy and there it was in the OP :gaycat1:

• Like 1

i still don't get why this song is so loved, she has so much better songs and this isn't top 5 on rated r

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.