Joe Biden accuser Tara Reade defects to Russia

VOSS

3614.jpg?width=620&quality=45&dpr=2&s=no

Tara Reade, a former Senate staffer who in 2020 accused Joe Biden of sexual assault, said on Tuesday she had defected to Russia.

“I’m still kind of in a daze a bit but I feel very good,” Reade told Sputnik, a Russian press outlet supportive of President Vladimir Putin, while sitting with Maria Butina, a convicted Russian agent jailed in the US but now a member of parliament in Russia.

Now 59, Reade was a staffer for Biden when he was a US senator from Delaware.

In 2020, as Biden ran for the Democratic presidential nomination, she claimed that in 1993, in a Senate corridor, he pushed her against a wall and assaulted her. Biden repeatedly denied the accusation.

At her press appearance in Russia, Reade was described as a “writer and publicist and former aide to Joe Biden”.

Sitting next to Butina, Reade said: “I just really so appreciate Maria and everyone who’s been giving me [protection] at a time when it’s been very difficult to know if I’m safe or not.

“I just didn’t want to walk home and walk into a cage or be killed, which is basically my two choices.”

Reade said: “To my Russian brothers and sisters, I’m sorry right now that American elites are choosing to have such an aggressive stance. Just know that most American citizens do want to be friends and hope that we can have unity again.

“I am enjoying my time in Moscow, and I feel very at home.”

Source

LOL everyone trying to take biden down approves or works for russia......

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

:rip: :rip: 

in before someone says that the DNC forced her to leave the country because she dared to criticize Biden or something 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Are people still trying to convince themselves he likely didn't assault her?  :toofunny3:

The man had double-digit accounts of women coming forward about sexual harassment they endured from him, to which he essentially said "sorry not sorry" and was praised, in a "grandpa meant no harm" way. 

That a sexual assault allegation became a portal for people to project their views on geopolitics of all things shows no one, particularly not those with vested interest in the accused, had any goal in finding out what actually happened.

It's genuinely disheartening to see liberals act no different to Trump supporters who have smeared the women who have come forward over the similar things Trump did to them. The way people acted at large to the accusation was deeply uncomfortable and the darkest part of the 2020 primary. 

Edited by Communion
  • Thanks 3

not “my Russian brothers and sisters” :toofunny3:

25 minutes ago, Communion said:

Are people still trying to convince themselves he likely didn't assault her?  :toofunny3:

The man had double-digit accounts of women coming forward about sexual harassment they endured from him, to which he essentially said "sorry not sorry" and was praised, in a "grandpa meant no harm" way. 

That a sexual assault allegation became a portal for people to project their views on geopolitics of all things shows no one, particularly not those with vested interest in the accused, had any goal in finding out what actually happened.

This does sound like you are projecting a bit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Communion said:

It's genuinely disheartening to see liberals act no different to Trump supporters who have smeared the women who have come forward over the similar things Trump did to them. The way people acted at large to the accusation was deeply uncomfortable and the darkest part of the 2020 primary. 

BARP BARP BARP!

Edited by ~Start The Music

Reade said: “To my Russian brothers and sisters, I’m sorry right now that American elites are choosing to have such an aggressive stance. Just know that most American citizens do want to be friends and hope that we can have unity again.

Most? Hell no 💀 The average person in the US heavily dislikes Russia.

Edited by LustSpell

10 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Reeks of unwiped :ahh:

Just now, ~Start The Music said:

Cool. 

22 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Biden became president. He won. Democratic operatives don't have to keep pushing horrific talking points like "women who write bad checks for utilities can't be believed when it comes to sexual assault". Which is largely where the Tara Reade accusation essentially started and stopped.

Tara made her accusation, some media outlets interviewed past staff as witnesses to Biden's character, he was asked to open up his archives at Delaware University to either disprove or prove her allegation she filed a complaint in 1993 about the harassment and he basically went "lol no". And.. everyone kind of moved on. Any case she had was outside the statute of limitations and there was no real appetite for whether Biden had committed sexual assault, having just had to apologize for decades of sexual harassment. Even Trump would go on to defend him, making the argument about how "women love to lie about stuff like that". :biblio:

But the rhetoric at the time was deeply troubling. It went from fact-finding to investigating the character of Reade herself, which led us to stories about her being on welfare and writing bad checks and moving from town to town as a single mom, and all of these being portrayed as a "lifelong scammer whose claims of being sexually assaulted can't be trusted".

If you're not able to understand why people are uncomfortable with the way liberals reacted to Tara Reade and it manifesting in rhetoric that being poor made you inherently dishonest, I don't know what else to say.

Edited by Communion
  • Thanks 1

Just now, byzantium said:

Cool. 

Whatever 

11 minutes ago, ~Start The Music said:

BARP BARP BARP!

4 minutes ago, ~Start The Music said:

3 minutes ago, ~Start The Music said:

Whatever 

You okay, sis? 

Just now, Communion said:

You okay, sis? 

Got Mary Jane?

• Thumbs Down 1

The joke writes itself 

• Like 1

“I’m still kind of in a daze a bit but I feel very good,” Reade told Sputnik, a Russian press outlet supportive of President Vladimir Putin, while sitting with Maria Butina, a convicted Russian agent jailed in the US but now a member of parliament in Russia.

“I just didn’t want to walk home and walk into a cage or be killed, which is basically my two choices.”

How totally crazy for anyone to surmise that there was a geopolitical angle to this story :deadbanana: Anyone who holds that opinion could only possibly be a rape apologist grasping at straws. There are absolutely 0 clues pointing into that direction.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Im sure Putin will welcome her with open arms. :clap3: 

2 minutes ago, Dephira said:

How totally crazy for anyone to surmise that there was a geopolitical angle to this story 

> Woman comes forward alleging she was sexually assaulted by Joe Biden

> Liberal media apparatus accuses her of being a lifetime failure whose unpaid bills make her untrustworthy

> Fringe liberal media accuse her of being a Russian operative who planned to be assaulted 20 years ago

> Liberals act surprised when said person now becomes friends with the only people receptive to her, Russian operatives

*This* literal story in the OP is geopolitical. A woman telling her account of being sexually assaulted years ago is not inherently geopolitical, and only became geopolitical by being a platform for people to air their grievances from the leftovers of a failed Mueller investigation and years of a media narrative that all ills in America were due to Russian hackers that never ended up materializing any actual changed votes. :toofunny3:

Let me guess - you think Edward Snowden having to run away to the only country who'd not extradite him to America makes what he found about America and the NSA spying on people is false too? 

• Like 4

Not surprised that ATRLers would mock a sexual assault survivor. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, XAMJ said:

LOL everyone trying to take biden down approves or works for russia......

It’s sad how obviously transparent these people are.

2 hours ago, Communion said:

Let me guess - you think Edward Snowden having to run away to the only country who'd not extradite him to America makes what he found about America and the NSA spying on people is false too? 

Completely wrong as usual, but I'm not even a little bit surprised that you would manage to conflate the case of a  man who has never stood trial in the USA with that of a woman who never got her case in front of a court, yet somehow still managed to commit perjury before defecting to Russia. But of course we are not allowed to say any of that because it goes against your honestly held ideology - it must all be Mueller's fault! Truly nothing at all geopolitical about a woman who, after everybody in the USA stopped giving a **** about her, suddenly defecting to Russia and praising the total freedom that exists there and claiming that she totally, credibly was "fearing for her life" in the USA. 

Next time either actually read my post before quoting it or don't bother replying. Thank you. 

Edited by Dephira
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.