Tekken: T8 has sold 2 million copies

Year of Shadow

4 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

I stopped admiring the direction of the games since Tekken 6, although I liked the stages and more realistic designs in that game, it's where the downfall started. I wish after Tekken 8 they will start going back to the Tekken 4 direction. It's my favorite game in terms of design, stages and story.

Also, Tekken 8 lacks a great number of base roster characters. It feels like something is missing. They could have added Katarina, Lucky Chloe, Josie, Kunimitsu etc. in the base roster and add some legacy characters as DLC instead. They should try and bring new characters in the spotlight while also making the fans able to enjoy the classic ones. Also, Kuma and Panda really have to go once and for all. Victor is fine, but he doesn't fit to the Tekken aesthetic. 

The newer Tekkens are starting to feel the same, it needs a reboot. I thought TK8 would have been a soft reboot with a TK4 type of direction. I love the darker and more realistic approach of that game.

Edited by BigBangStan
  • Like 2

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Year of Shadow

• Apolonio

• noonbob

• Stardom

On 11/2/2023 at 11:48 PM, AdrianNicki said:

This new grandpa looks like a guest character to me for some reason. Anyway... I don't know why they keep cluttering base roster with meme characters like Kuma and Panda. At least make them use 1 roster slot or something.

They can add or take away as many slots on the roster as they like so Kuma & Panda having separate spaces on the character select screen literally doesn't affect anything :toofunny3:

T6 is still the GOAT to me. The offline game modes provided endless entertainment, TEAM BATTLE, and the graphics still hold up incredibly well and were so ahead of their time, I can't believe it came out in 2007.

But this looks good! Idk if I wanna spend hundreds of dollars on a new console for this game only but super excited to check this out, hopefully one of my local arcades has it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigBangStan said:

The newer Tekkens are starting to feel the same, it needs a reboot. I thought TK8 would have been a soft reboot with a TK4 type of direction. I love the darker and more realistic approach of that game.

I agree but Harada has too much ego to ever reboot the series while he’s in charge. He’s like how Itagaki was for DOA. People wanted change and refused to listen to the fans. He got removed, the changes happened but now they’re literally on life support. But he’s too caught up with Tekken being the longest continuous story in FG history or whatever. 

But they backed themselves into a shithole because a reboot has to be done extremely carefully. If it doesn’t sell then we’ll have another TTT2 situation and they was lucky Namco took a chance on them with T7. They could have waited years like SC5 to SC6. 

I can’t see them successfully rebooting the series AND have the support from the fans as a whole. 

• Like 1

They unveiled Reina and she looks amazing. They’re not telling anything about her back story but she’s clearly a mixed Mishima. 

34 minutes ago, Rogue said:

They unveiled Reina and she looks amazing. They’re not telling anything about her back story but she’s clearly a mixed Mishima. 

She is the best newcomer so far, she reminds a bit of Asuka 

Edited by BigBangStan

I swear that the roster image leak had

Spoiler

A brand new blonde guy

So I wonder if they moved to DLC #1 or if the leaker faked that particular character artwork. 

40 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

I swear that the roster image leak had

Hide contents

A brand new blonde guy

So I wonder if they moved to DLC #1 or if the leaker faked that particular character artwork. 

F-yrhUBawAA9v9s?format=jpg&name=small

nah, it was her.

Reina's design is kinda boring and idgaf about Mishimas gameplay wise. I'll be sticking with my MOTHERS Jun & Xiaoyu

:ryan3:

1 hour ago, Stardom said:

Reina's design is kinda boring and idgaf about Mishimas gameplay wise. I'll be sticking with my MOTHERS Jun & Xiaoyu

:ryan3:

This!

Her being all purple is annoying, we already have characters with that as their signature colour,

NINA!!!!!! and Kuni.

• Like 1

I really wished that they were finally adding a late 30's early 40 year old woman as the villain, and sister of Kazuya, Lee and Lars, but this is a schoolmate of Kunimitsu. Gosh, as much as I love the series and holds a special place, the way they milk the story and destroy everything with the direction.. gosh. lol

• Like 1

I like Azucena the most out of these three. 

I seriously hope Miguel returns in some form. 

And will they FINALLY give us back Jaycee? Such a fantastic character. 

I’m definitely maining Reina. It’ll make up for the lack of Julia. 

Where's Anna?? I wish she would get a bigger role in the story for once!! 

4 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

F_iok-XbgAADDgB.jpg:large

Xiaoyu really said "OUR boyfriend"😂 

Anyway, I love how Xiaoyu is the quintessential female martial artist of Tekken. From her design, down to her fighting style. I absolutely loved her portrayal in the nexflix anime series and the trio (JinXiaoHwoa) chemistry 

5 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

F_iok-XbgAADDgB.jpg:large

What is this? :deadbanana2:

Tho I know Hwoarang really does love Jin. :skull: 

On 11/25/2023 at 10:24 AM, Rogue said:

What is this? :deadbanana2:

Tho I know Hwoarang really does love Jin. :skull: 

I found it on reddit lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.