Maggie Rogers teases new album

sam.teas

Surrender is one of my absolute favorite albums of 2022 lol I'm honestly overwhelmed by this but in the best way. The snippets sound great, I hope she doesn't overdo the teasing like she did with That's Where I Am :skull:

Seeing her live in a few weeks, maybe she'll play a new song live:jonny5::jonny5::jonny5: so excited. I love her 

• Like 1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• original_lifeline

• bonkbanisters

• sam.teas

• Infatuation_Junkie

6 minutes ago, bonkbanisters said:

I hope she doesn't overdo the teasing like she did with That's Where I Am :skull:

this :deadbanana4:

9 minutes ago, original_lifeline said:

this :deadbanana4:

Well am I wrong?? :skull: still thinking that Capitol was telling her to do that and it wasn't her idea 

2 hours ago, bonkbanisters said:

I hope she doesn't overdo the teasing like she did with That's Where I Am :skull:

Absolutely agree! Specially the big boring spaces between each single!

i noticed she changed her pic on spotify.... maybe a single is coming soon

I really didn't like Surrender. I wanted to love it, because her debut and her EP were stellar. I'm hoping I can connect with the new one.

• Like 1

Oh wow i was thinking it would be another 72 years until new Maggie.

1 hour ago, haimpedro said:

i noticed she changed her pic on spotify.... maybe a single is coming soon

This might be too ambitious but I'd really like if the album dropped this year

10 hours ago, original_lifeline said:

she has only one EP in her discography   

I’m talking about Now That The Light is Fading and Blood Ballet. Regardless, you know what I mean :rip:

3 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

I really didn't like Surrender. I wanted to love it, because her debut and her EP were stellar. I'm hoping I can connect with the new one.

Yeah I really tried to force myself to enjoy it but it doesn’t touch anything from her debut or the EP.

So my expectations are low for this but I’ll be listening with hope.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shatter being the soundtrack to the opening of Heartstopper Season 2 :jonny5::jonny5::jonny5: we LOVE that!!!

5 hours ago, bonkbanisters said:

Shatter being the soundtrack to the opening of Heartstopper Season 2 :jonny5::jonny5::jonny5: we LOVE that!!!

wdym 'opening'? will it be played in the beginning of every episode? :jonny5: 
upd: anyways, it's just the first seconds of the episode 1

Edited by original_lifeline

14 hours ago, original_lifeline said:

wdym 'opening'? will it be played in the beginning of every episode? :jonny5: 
upd: anyways, it's just the first seconds of the episode 1

Yeah I could've phrased that differently :skull: still a pretty huge deal imo, hopefully it'll give the song some spotlight

8 hours ago, bonkbanisters said:

Yeah I could've phrased that differently :skull: still a pretty huge deal imo, hopefully it'll give the song some spotlight

it will be 1st track in the official spotify playlist, so it will shine! 

• 2 weeks later...

the other thread disappeared...

Updates

21.05.2023 [from her Instagram post:]

that's a wrap on LP3!!!! 🦋 written + recorded + off to mixing.
so so so in love with these songs and cannot wait to start playing them for you this summer.

28.06.2023 [from her Instagram stories:]

EU tour is done [...] last night was also the last show of the 'Surrender' era. hard to put into words how much this album has changed me. I'm so proud of it and it also rly made me grow the **** up. thank you for making it your own.

I never imagined I'd make another album this quickly but now I'm heading home to mix LP3. cant wait to share with you, more on that soon.

She also shared a short clip of a song titled "Sick Of Dreaming"

Edited by sam.teas

Yass queenie serve us another Want Want!

Hopefully it's better than Surrender, the singles were pretty good but I personally found the rest of it pretentious and boring. She bought into her own hype way too much.

• ATRL Moderator

Surrender was great, but not as good as HIIAPL. Hopefully we get more songs like Want Want, Shatter, Anywhere With You, etc. :duca:

So ready!!!! I've always loved HIIAPL but Surrender made me a stan :worship:

Not most of you dragging SURRENDER into the mud 💀 I thought it was very good, the melodies are strong, her voice is very expressive and as a whole quite powerful. I thought it was a more rock, punchy, adult and brought-to-another-level HIAPL ! OVERDRIVE is such a good opener. I’m surprised to see mixed opinions on this album.

I’m very excited about the third LP. I don’t think it’ll be here before 2024, but I like the fact that she’s sharing with us the creating process. It feels like it’s coming faster. I don’t think it’ll be very far for SURRENDER, maybe even more stripped down with an even more organic sound. She talked about strings, and I’m happy with that.

Edited by Marceau
  • Like 2

Seeing her at the Hollywood Bowl in August again so the likelihood of performing new music is good. If it's done, mixed and mastered, might as well just release it this year if she wants Grammy consideration. The thing with album rollouts is that it doesn't have to be dragged, but I feel if she wants to wait for vinyl pressings that might be it. 

21 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Surrender was great, but not as good as HIIAPL. Hopefully we get more songs like Want Want, Shatter, Anywhere With You, etc. :duca:

I hate to say it, but HIIAPL is still that girl and it's unlikely we won't get sounds like that if she doesn't work with Greg Kurstin again for this era and I feel she outgrew it. But Kid Harpoon is great too. Surrender has some cute gems, but it wasn't it for me. I think it's the sophomore album effect where your debut was phenomenal and then people are shook when it's different.

7 hours ago, Marceau said:

Not most of you dragging SURRENDER into the mud 💀 I thought it was very good, the melodies are strong, her voice is very expressive and as a whole quite powerful. I thought it was a more rock, punchy, adult and brought-to-another-level HIAPL ! OVERDRIVE is such a good opener. I’m surprised to see mixed opinions on this album.

I’m very excited about the third LP. I don’t think it’ll be here before 2024, but I like the fact that she’s sharing with us the creating process. It feels like it’s coming faster. I don’t think it’ll be very far for SURRENDER, maybe even more stripped down with an even more organic sound. She talked about strings, and I’m happy with that.

It’s coming this year 😤

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.