Britney Spears - "Breathe On Me" (Demo)

Jeremiah

Britney Spears' rough mix for "Breathe on Me", produced by Mark Taylor, as used on the unreleased In the Zone showcase for MTV TRL live at Rain Palms Las Vegas.

Not sure it was threaded? Anyways, thanks to Britney-Online

• Like 2

The best song in her discography, so timeless. Wish the ad lib at the start was kept.

• Thanks 1

Wow, this is such a good mix!  Britney should do a 20th anniversary edition of ITZ and include this! :eek:

whoever cut those adlibs deserves no sleep tonight

• Like 2

This has got to be one of the best pop songs ever. And possibly her best. No matter however it is remixed or done it is just amazing. 

Why did they not include those ad libs and spread them out on the final version though? :biblio:

this should've been the 3rd single of ITZ (after MATM and Toxic) it's so good, top 5 in her discog

1 hour ago, Kiss It Better said:

this should've been the 3rd single of ITZ (after MATM and Toxic) it's so good, top 5 in her discog

Def would’ve been a better choice than Outrageous which ended up ruining the era (and one could say the trajectory of her entire career/life)

the production is slicker and more futuristic (?), the adlibs at the beginning :clap3: 

This is not a demo. The original demo version of BOM was actually produced by Steve Anderson before Jive asked Mark Taylor to tweak the final track while he was working with Brit. I would call this a studio mix for live performances with pre-recorded vocals.

One of her best songs with Touch of My Hand, ITZ truly was that album overall

9 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

It actually would have fared better as a 4th or 5th single.

Based on ITZ we received:

MATM ft Madonna

Toxic 

Everytime

Boom boom 

Breathe on me video single a la justify my love

Based on ITZ that could have been had they included the best unreleased material:

I've just begun having my fun ft Madonna

Toxic

Everytime

And then we kiss

A dream world where we have songs that were meant for Britney too:

Toxic

Everytime

Milkshake (summer single) ft 

And then we kiss

Breathe on me video single a la justify my love released for GH:MP with Do somethin, MP, Gulity, Look who's talking now and money, love and happiness.

Ajay.gif

20 minutes ago, slw84 said:

MATM ft Madonna

Toxic 

Everytime

Boom boom 

Based on ITZ that could have been had they included the best unreleased material:

Toxic

Everytime

And then we kiss

Toxic

Everytime

And then we kiss

Breathe on me video single a la justify my love released for GH:MP with Do somethin, MP, Gulity, Look who's talking now and money, love and happiness.

Ajay.gif

oh wait i completely forgot about everytime :skull: it's literally my fav song too

i think 

Toxic - october

>>album drop - november<<

everytime - winter

breathe on me - spring

me against the music - summer

touch of my hand remix - late summer/fall

19 minutes ago, Kiss It Better said:

oh wait i completely forgot about everytime :skull: it's literally my fav song too

i think 

Toxic - october

>>album drop - november<<

everytime - winter

breathe on me - spring

me against the music - summer

touch of my hand remix - late summer/fall

I would love a Toxic lead single, too.

Everytime for the winter would have been perfect too.

My only thing is MATM (a song I barely like ft Madonna was the perfect PR move).

So that's the main reason I stuck with Toxic as a lead even though I love it as a lead.

Breathe on me would be a perfect spring single after Everytime as a winter single

MATM could be replaced. Outside of the Madonna PR it's just a cute album track although the Justice remix turned it into A SONG :flame:

My only concern is that Breathe on me would have likely started her ex husband in a racy Justify my love visual. Yuck.

I hope Breathe on me gets a viral moment.

On 5/27/2023 at 8:00 PM, BeenTheShit said:

Wow, this is such a good mix!  Britney should do a 20th anniversary edition of ITZ and include this! :eek:

Give us Girls And Boys, Over To You Now, Rockstar and Guilty (The Quentin Harris House Remix)

On 5/27/2023 at 7:22 PM, mystery said:

The best song in her discography, so timeless. Wish the ad lib at the start was kept.

If she had more control over her music I feel like we would've gotten more tracks in this lane 

On 5/28/2023 at 12:50 AM, Alfred said:

Def would’ve been a better choice than Outrageous which ended up ruining the era (and one could say the trajectory of her entire career/life)

So eerie especially considering she never really liked the song which is why it was never performed in full. It was forced onto her album and as a single. Also it has credits and background vocals from R.Kelly so major yikes

On 5/28/2023 at 5:29 AM, chosensparkles said:

One of her best songs with Touch of My Hand, ITZ truly was that album overall

Her magnum opus with Blackout 

On 5/28/2023 at 9:15 AM, slw84 said:

MATM ft Madonna

Toxic 

Everytime

Boom boom 

Toxic

Everytime

And then we kiss

Toxic

Everytime

And then we kiss

Ajay.gif

I **** with this heavy lol you're like me. In my stan world the ITZ era would've played out as followed

Toxic 

Me Against The Music featuring Madonna 

Everytime 

I've Just Begun Having My Fun featuring Gwen Stefani 

Outrageous 

Girls And Boys featuring Beyonce (the upbeat dance version)

Breathe On Me

Instead of a greatest hits album My Prerogative should've been a full album with B sides of In The Zone

featuring Over To You Now, Rockstar featuring Missy Elliott, Afterglow, Pleasure You featuring Usher, Pulse featuring Michael Jackson, Secret featuring Janet Jackson, Supersensual featuring Kylie Minogue, Battle Of The SeXXXes featuring Justin Timberlake, Strangest Love, State Of Grace, Rebellion ugh an album 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 5:27 AM, Sexual_Gold said:

This is not a demo. The original demo version of BOM was actually produced by Steve Anderson before Jive asked Mark Taylor to tweak the final track while he was working with Brit. I would call this a studio mix for live performances with pre-recorded vocals.

giphy.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.