Your memories of the 1900s / 20th century

Genius1111

For those of you who have lived through a portion of the 1900s/20th century, what were some of your best memories?

Honestly, I don't remember much of it as I was very little. 

My best memory was likely just playing Living Books games and Backyard Sports on the computer and watching Winnie the Pooh and Blue's Clues. 

• ATRL Moderator

x1080

maxresdefault.jpg

6NJSTAF4XFP4DLUAZEOZC35H7M.jpg

The celebrities, the movies, TV. I was attuned to pop culture at a very early age.

Pokémon, Britney Spears, Spice Girls, Beavis and Butthead, N64, Titanic, Backstreet Boys, roller skating and Buffy are all pillars of my childhood. 

I kinda feel bad for 10s/20s kids cuz pop culture just isn’t giving what the 80s and 90s gave 

Edited by PMKARDASHIAN

I was 2 in 1999 so idrk

what I DO remember is Together Again by Janet Jackson being the first song I ever remember hearing on the radio (it was at nordstrom rack so I guess loudspeaker* not radio but yknow what I mean, and after I mentioned that to my family they confirmed it was still the 90s when we would go to nordstrom rack as a family)

I was -4 years old in 1999 so idk :gaycat5:

Evermore :fan:

Being in my mom's womb April-December 1999

I remember being OBSESSED with Titanic. But only the part where the ship sinks. I thought it looked like so much fun :rip: 

even though I was 5 at the turn of the millennium I don't really remember much culturally, my parents were already almost 40 so I didn't get exposed to that much media til I was a little older. I do vaguely remember some stuff though, like I think I went to the zoo the day Princess Diana died, and I remember my older female cousins being obsessed with NSYNC

8 hours ago, Wrecked said:

spacer.png

Probably this.

It was a golden age for animated shows, too. So many iconic cartoons and anime came out in the 90s: SpongeBob, Sailor Moon, The Simpsons, Cowboy Bebop, Ren & Stimpy, Dragon Ball, Family Guy, etc. The list goes on.

In terms of pop culture I remember being obsessed with Dragon Ball/ Dragon Ball Z, Rugrats and the Pokémon anime.

A first gen of gen z here, born very late 90s. I don't remember anything. I remember vividly in 2000 I was in a car on my way to the hospital to see my little brother for the first time with my grandma and older cousins though.

The Mark McGwire-Sammy Sosa home run chase of 1998 in baseball.

Britney v. Christina, NSYNC v. BSB, S Club 7 v. Steps, and Mandy Moore v. Jessica Simpson battles in pop.

Arthur, Barney and Friends, Teletubbies, Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?, Bill Nye The Science Guy, and Wishbone all made their debuts on PBS. 

Elmo's World debuted as an show within Sesame Street in 1998.

Watching Spice World is one of my only memories lol

gumball-machine-american-dream-red-28cm-

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.