Lover benefitting more than Midnights from Eras Tour. Why?

Taylor fanboy

Lover is aggressively inclining on Billboard 200, catching up to Midnights, week to week, with less multiple versions, and less tracks, and no single out.

Why? Did quality sleep won over sleepless nights? Is Lover actually better than Midnights?

Edited by Taylor fanboy

littlebodybigheart

the sad part is that midnights could drop 50 spots on the billboard 200 right now and it would still outsell lover in less than a year’s time. lover is doing extremely well but let’s not get carried away

Sorry, I don't speak about albums that break +1M streaks and get only one week at the top of BB200.

Because Midnights is newer and was already getting 10M+ daily streams. There's only so much you can boost. 

• Like 5

Because Midnights was frontloaded by Swifties🤭

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

poor midnights, stuck in the top 3 all these weeks later

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Did quality sleep won over sleepless nights?

babe this is kind of poetic :clap3:

The best album always wins :gaycat2:

Lover came after her lowest point in career while MID came after the godlore and evermore :gaycat2:

Edited by unino

It's a little misleading to compare boost and not overral sales

Midnights is MID

There is nothing in the album is as high as Cruel Summer, Lover, Death By A Thousand Cuts, or Afterglow

The album feels like Lover leftovers but make it less cheerful, resulted to very bland Pop album

11 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

Midnights is MID

There is nothing in the album is as high as Cruel Summer, Lover, Death By A Thousand Cuts, or Afterglow

The album feels like Lover leftovers but make it less cheerful, resulted to very bland Pop album

Atleast Midnights doesn't have embarrassments like ME!ss, YNTCD, IFTYE and many more.  Loser is a bad record with couple of great songs.  

1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

If Midnights is frontloaded then there are very few albums that aren't. Lover sales were much more frontloaded than Midnights in its first 25 weeks.

Edited by Axelios
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Frontloaded how? It's selling 60k in its 30th week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lover is the better album

3 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Lover is aggressively inclining on Billboard 200, catching up to Midnights, week to week, with less multiple versions, and less tracks, and no single out.

Why? Did quality sleep won over sleepless nights? Is Lover actually better than Midnights?

Expecting Midnights, the newest album, to increase similar to a 2019 album is just too delusional. To see Midnights' "real" increase you have to consider the impact of the usual fall after release which Lover already doesn't have cause it's an stablished album, like right now Midnights (#2 60k) is having bigger units in its 30th week than what SOUR (#5 60k , up 18% due to christmas vinyl sales), Un Verano Sin Ti (#3 52k) or Dangerous (#6 44k) where doing at their respective timeframe :rip:

And also Midnights doesn't have much "place" to grow, Lover is noticeable cause it re-entered top 10, Midnights is literally at #2 blocked by one of the biggest albums of the century in the US lol

I think the whole drama with Joe/Matt is making people listen to the album again. Plus there's not much Midnights can benefit from the tour considering it's already still very successful to this day. 

Edited by Sombre

Because Lover is her best pop album and also Cruel Summer aka her best pop song is in it. 

I agree that Lover is only seeing the bigger increase because Midnights has been stable and successful for months now, so there’s no room for it to see an increase as big as Lover is getting. but i also agree that the reason Lover is jumping up like this is because it has better/way catchier songs than most people care to give it credit for. i swear if she would’ve just left hate criME! and You Need to Find God off the album entirely then it’d unanimously be seen as a career highlight :dies:

• Like 1

Love seeing all the fumes elicited by GODn#1ght's MASSIVE SUCCESS :heart2:

The reason GODn#1ghts is benefitting less from the massively successful tour the Eras(mash) Tour is the same reason why you can't go any higher if you're already at #1 :heart2:

Lover is the biggest female pop album of the last decade :clap3: 

Because it's a very good album that made the GP stan her.

ME! is a great song and video fight ME!

I also love IFTYE and INTHAF even more than the poppier cuts (Cruel Summer).

The lies in here to cope…

yes there is room to grow for midnights, it’s below bunny on spotify and maga on bb, Lover got the bigger boost simply because it’s better and despite getting less songs on the setlist, and this isn’t normal at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.