Bali vs Thailand, better SEA tourist destination?

Before Today

?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. ?

Have you been to either of these two places? I feel like they're the top 2 vacation spots in SEA currently. Which one did you like better/wanna visit first if you haven't been?

Indonesia's Hindu island Bali

Best things to do in Bali 2023 | Attractions & activities

Bali - What you need to know before you go - Go Guides

Reiser til Bali, Indonesia | Bestill reise til vakre Bali her | Apollo  Reiser

7 Must-Visit Clubs in Bali for the Ultimate Party/Nightlife Experience

Top 3 Beach Clubs in Bali | ForeverVacation

A guide to Uluwatu's best beach clubs - The Ungasan

Visitbali - List Of Holy Days Celebrated By Hindu-Balinese

Mengenal Lebih Dekat Sejarah Tari Kecak nan Elok yang Berasal dari Bali

Thailand with its rich Buddhist culture

Things To Do In Thailand | 20 Top Attractions And Activities

Top 24 Things to do in Bangkok, Thailand In 2023 | TravelTriangle

Berita dan Informasi Thailand Terkini dan Terbaru Hari ini - detikcom

Tourism in a Post-Pandemic World

Rocking The Beaches. Sampling The Best of Phukets Beach Clubs 2019 | Seal  Superyachts

bangkok2.jpg

Best neighborhoods in Bangkok - Lonely Planet

Kehidupan Malam Bangkok | Bar, Klub & Area Hiburan Malam Populer

The one that doesn't hate gays

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Delirious said:

The one that doesn't hate gays

Neither is homophobic though. Luckily Bali isn't predominantly... Muslim. So they're more laid back. Just don't anger the rest of the Muslims from the country.

I just went to Bali earlier this year. It was very mystical. The beach isn’t that great (could be cleaner), but the culture is amazing. You can literally do anything and the gay scene is also great. The people are definitely the nicest in the world. It’s a good place for retreat and relaxation especially on the mountains. What I don’t like is everywhere is being turned into an instagram spot. People queuing for hours just to take photos. 

Never been to Thailand but I heard it has better beaches and a richer party life. Thailand is a whole country so you  have everything, from cities to beaches. Bali is just an Island.

• ATRL Moderator

You’re comparing an entire country to an island… both are great on their own but Thailand would have more to offer due to size alone. 

as an Indonesian i'm biased towards bali:gaycat2:

I had the best time in both places. Bali is a little cheaper but Thailand is a lot bigger so has more to offer. In Thailand you can have a few nights in a huge city like Bangkok which is always fun.

I've just been to Bali last month and the traffic was so bad :deadbanana4: We spent 7 out of 10 hours inside the car going to Ubud for a day trip :deadbanana2: But other than that food, transportation, massage, and accommodation are cheap so that's definitely good. 

Going to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket specifically) next month! :duca:

Both are great

But I prefer Bali for its cultures alone >>>

Bali is the most pro-LGBT part of Indonesia, so I wouldn’t worry about going there if you are queer. It would be a different story if you were going to some of the other places in Indo though.

Comparing Thailand a whole country to Bali is a bit of an odd comparison. Like are we talking Phuket & the Phi Phi islands, Chiang Mai, Bangkok? All are very different vibes from each other. :deadbanana4:

If I were to slim it down to the Phuket area and surrounding islands (the most Bali like area of Thailand) vs Bali I would personally probably go with Thailand. They’re both pretty on par with each other though, Bali has a lot of different areas to explore and some are really beautiful. The water is slightly more clear in Thailand though and personally I prefer Thai food to Indonesian food.

Edited by Iridesence

2 hours ago, TheDreamer said:

I've just been to Bali last month and the traffic was so bad :deadbanana4: We spent 7 out of 10 hours inside the car going to Ubud for a day trip :deadbanana2: But other than that food, transportation, massage, and accommodation are cheap so that's definitely good. 

Going to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket specifically) next month! :duca:

omg that’s so exciting! enjoy yourself :celestial2:

Edited by Iridesence
  • Thanks 1

Neither. Go to the Philippines instead.

Indonesian food is whack, so Thailand :cm:

1 hour ago, Jude said:

fili food also whack :cm:

2 hours ago, Jude said:

:cm:

1 hour ago, Janet said:

Indonesian food is whack, so Thailand :cm:

fili food also whack :cm:

Not that much on them! Their version of fried chicken is kinda one of the best in the world. Also sambal is saur good :yum:

Spoiler

Thai food is still better though

Why are you comparing an island to a whole country :skull: 

I mean Bali is beautiful but it's so overcrowded now that it lost its charm. Philippines' islands >>>>>>>

And if you are into Buddhist culture & temple, Cambodia (Angkor Wat) >>>>>>>>> Thailand

4 hours ago, Jude said:

I agree! Philippines (avoid Manila at all cost and land in Cebu instead) is the best in Southeast Asia! Favorite place I have ever visited in the world is probably El Nido, Palawan. Boracay also has the best beach I've ever been but it's crowded now.

I visited Bali about 5 months ago but I did not get to tour that many places. Public transport infrastructure is seriously lacking but I think the tour companies weren't too expensive. You can go on a side trip to Ijen sulfur crater to see the blue flames, departing late at night from Bali to the eastern tip of Java island, and then back the next afternoon.

I've been watching Thai shows the past year and Bangkok has some really cool locations. At least they have subways and light rails, so you can circumvent the traffic, unlike Bali. I've visited the Udon Thani/Nong Khai area near the border with Laos, where you can take the train across. Public transport is decent for a small city and when I visited Udon Thani back then, they showed Hereditary (the horror movie) in English, with subtitles and no dubbing, so at least you will have something to do there at night.

TLDR: If you care about public transport, choose Thailand. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2023 at 4:02 PM, LosingHimWasBlue said:

Both Great! 

but i prefer Bali :hippo:

What's your favorite place in Bali when u visited?

1 hour ago, Before Today said:

What's your favorite place in Bali when u visited?

Kintamani :gaycat4:

Ubud is great but kinda Overrated.

For the general atmosphere, I'd go to Bali. It doesn't take much to satisfy me.

8 hours ago, LosingHimWasBlue said:

Kintamani :gaycat4:

Ubud is great but kinda Overrated.

I see you prefer the mountainous regions. I enjoyed Canggu & Uluwatu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.