ANOHNI and the Johnsons - 'My Back Was a Bridge for You to Cross'

gplcarlos

Can’t is potentially song of the year, or at least one of. :heart2:

But Rest, It Must Change, Scapegoat and Why Am I Alive Now? are also great. :heart:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JoeAg

• sunbathinganimal

• liquiddiamonds

• campelo

incredible album, doesn't quite dethrone Hopelessness but still i'm floored :jonny2:

This album is just... wow. What she does with her voice unheard of, just magic. The lyrics are strong and the general concept is devastating, a perfect follow-up to the astonishing Hopelessness.

Probably my second favorite album of the year so far. I'm not really into It Must Change and Can't though, but the rest omg...

Scapegoat breaks my heart.

Long live trans people and trans rights.

• 2 weeks later...

the way she effortlessly created an instant indie classic with Scapegoat, like was that her goal? because if it was she f*cking achieved it, and I can see myself listening to this song for decades to come :superman:

It's My Fault is beautiful. I don't connect with most of the songs on this album but Its My Fault has been on Repeat 

Absolutely love this, wasn't sold on first listen as I missed the production of Hopelessness but it has really grown on me and is one of my faves this year

oh wow oh wow of ******* WOW

vuhexrt.gif

I need more REST

vuhexrt.gif

the way this album snatched my wig Mustn't Change

vuhexrt.gif

6 hours ago, campelo said:

Bummer that she hasn't planned a tour yet 

I really want to hear her live, especially doing this record. but I'm cautious, since she's a very rabid environmentalist and I dont know if she would be up with a tour with many dates in different countries again like in the 2000s

I'm thinkin ATRL needs an album rate for this stunningly soulful album... :eli:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

still in love with this, damn this is gonna be a decade highlight for me i fear

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.