Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

Rigged or not, talent won and that's that :foxaylove2:

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

Now what is this and why is it in my youtube recommendations 

moo.png

• Haha 2

Rare footage from Fokas Evaggelinos dancing school, where Helena Paparizou used to do her rehearsals, days before she left for Kyiv.
At that moment the dance act wasn't complete and the dancers are not all the same who participated in the contest. 
I remember Fokas told me that "if this video gets leaked, I'll be in a biiig trouble". 
I was so frightened, I kept it a secret for 19 years. 
I think now I'll be okay to share it.

Poland's song gets spammed on the radio like crazy here  :redface:

8 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Mother :jonnycat:

Mother NATURE :jonny5:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BOOM! said:

this songs so iconic

Spill what the agreement was

Hope Switzerland carries this energy over into their hosting next year so we can finally get rid of #that country 

39 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Hope Switzerland carries this energy over into their hosting next year so we can finally get rid of #that country 

I think that Ireland, Norway, Spain and hopefully Slovenia and Malta's recognition of Palestine could play a major role in their decision to participate or not.

I still can't believe it ended up DEAD LAST :skull:

I remember being so obsessed with the song and utterly shocked by the results :suburban:

4 hours ago, noahfence said:

I still can't believe it ended up DEAD LAST :skull:

I remember being so obsessed with the song and utterly shocked by the results :suburban:

That's what he deserves for snatching the qualification from Bulgaria (a tie). Love Unlimited was THEE moment. 

1twitter.thumb.gif.763ad1e35f2d0d4863f01

• Haha 1

why is this thread still pinned? :suburban:

it's over girls, pack it up and see you in December for Festival i Kenges AND the Kosovo version because a debut is imminent. an Era Istrefi hit is cooking I'm afraid

• Haha 2

Spotify Global (top 200) - May 24

79 (+2) Joost - Europapa

kaleen-we-will-rave.gif

1 hour ago, fa77ot said:

Spotify Global (top 200) - May 24

79 (+2) Joost - Europapa

And the runner-up in the televote?

Baby Lasagna performed his first festival set and we finally got to hear new material from.

https://www.facebook.com/eurostarumag.hr/videos/751709737035760

1. Baby Lasagna

2. IG Boy

3. Good Boy Lasagna

4. Demons and Mosquitoes
5. Stress

6. (didn't say the title)

7. Biggie Biggie Boom Boom

8. Don't Hate Yourself, But Don't Love Yourself Too Much

9. Rim Tim Tagi Dim

Screaming at the lasagna songs :deadbanana2:

4 hours ago, Pendulum said:

why is this thread still pinned? :suburban:

it's over girls, pack it up and see you in December for Festival i Kenges AND the Kosovo version because a debut is imminent. an Era Istrefi hit is cooking I'm afraid

@khalyan It's time to end this thread. We had our kiis but it's time to move to 2025 and support our favs somewhere else :heart2:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hurem said:

Baby Lasagna performed his first festival set and we finally got to hear new material from.

1. Baby Lasagna

2. IG Boy

3. Good Boy Lasagna

4. Demons and Mosquitoes
5. Stress

9. Rim Tim Tagi Dim

Ohhh, he's capitalising the momentum (as he should). Cannot wait for the album. 

Angelina Mango and Marcus and Martinus will release new albums next week. 

Marina already released an EP which is very successful in Greece. 

Baby Lasagna is doing tons of festivals and he'll release more songs. 

Joost is performing in many festivals and he's also expected to release an album. 

Bambie Thug is doing a European tour (mind you it's even bigger than Loreen's). 

And Iolanda released a new single. 

So many artists are capitalising their momentum and it makes me happy. 

6 hours ago, Hurem said:

1. Baby Lasagna

2. IG Boy

3. Good Boy Lasagna

4. Demons and Mosquitoes
5. Stress

9. Rim Tim Tagi Dim

Mega mega cringe titles

3 hours ago, Pendulum said:

Mega mega cringe titles

I think that they are suitable for his style and humour. His songs are fun but they tackle serious themes so I think that they fit.

Can I talk about Baby Lasagna for a moment? 

He is a shy, kind man (kinda nerdy at times) who loves his cats, his country and his girlfriend. He wasn't supposed to compete in Dora and in just a few weeks he became a big contender to win not only his national final but the whole contest in general. In just a few months, he gained more confidence and stage charisma, he clearly worked on his movements and vocals and he developed his staging to make it more suitable for Eurovision. He brought Croatia's best result in Eurovision, made his country more visible and saved us from Israel's win in televoting. 

On top of that, he took the loss like a boss, he already knew that he couldn't win because of the gap (😭) and yet he still congratulated Nemo. Now he is just excited to perform in his country and abroad, he is excited about his upcoming songs and he clearly loves what he's doing. Plus, let's not forget that he literally rejected the government's offer to give him 50.000€ and he requested to donate them to hospitals. 

I don't know about you but to me, it was refreshing to see someone like him in Eurovision. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Danai G said:

Can I talk about Baby Lasagna for a moment? 

He is a shy, kind man (kinda nerdy at times) who loves his cats, his country and his girlfriend. He wasn't supposed to compete in Dora and in just a few weeks he became a big contender to win not only his national final but the whole contest in general. In just a few months, he gained more confidence and stage charisma, he clearly worked on his movements and vocals and he developed his staging to make it more suitable for Eurovision. He brought Croatia's best result in Eurovision, made his country more visible and saved us from Israel's win in televoting. 

On top of that, he took the loss like a boss, he already knew that he couldn't win because of the gap (😭) and yet he still congratulated Nemo. Now he is just excited to perform in his country and abroad, he is excited about his upcoming songs and he clearly loves what he's doing. Plus, let's not forget that he literally rejected the government's offer to give him 50.000€ and he requested to donate them to hospitals. 

I don't know about you but to me, it was refreshing to see someone like him in Eurovision. 

:clap3: KING!!

Totally the opposite of that RAT he sadly gets compared to!

1 minute ago, BOOM! said:

:clap3: KING!!

Totally the opposite of that RAT he sadly gets compared to!

I understand that Käärijä's reaction may seem bad but we need to remember the circumstances. It's not wrong that he expressed his sadness and in various interviews he has stated that after Eurovision, he came to feel grateful for coming second. He still talks fondly about Loreen, he still likes her posts and he has totally gotten over it. The jokes he makes from time to time (which have been lesser) are innocent. But now he doesn't even mention it anymore. 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.