Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

36 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

Lol yeah. Only Nemo can challenge Joost

And Joost might have won the public vote, but not the juries

So Nemo could have won anyway, especially when you think Netherlands and Croatia splitting the public vote

winning by being 6th with the public would've been even worse kii

• Like 1

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Fevesy said:

Nemo is a very talented musician but idk what their direction will be. I can see it being all over the place, ironically like The Code. They need to hit the ground running asap to maintain momentum and develop a niche but loyal fanbase.

Judging by Nemo's recent discography, their songs are very "Spotify chill indie playlist" vibes

The Code is probably a fluke

Their straight era was a serve though

Edited by illia

1 hour ago, Komet said:

Maybe, but the 2024 televote winner (which is difficult to get) has three (3) songs currently released; even with the debut album coming out soon, idk if he can fill an arena-worthy setlist just yet

He said he will be releasing album out 

So 10 songs from debut album + a few covers and a Manntra song 

Question: When Joost got disqualified, would it have been possible for a backup singer from the dutch delegation to step in and perform the song in his place? Must the artist perform the song? 

I'm not really invested in who should've won between Croatia and Switzerland as I'm not a big fan of either song. However, I'm glad someone from a country that hasn't won in a long time took home the victory. The jury does not seem to be big fans of rock. Zitti e Buoni, the winning song of 2021, placed at fourth place in the jury's rankings.

I felt so bad for Olly. His vocals were not great, but that wasn't a zero point song or performance. Where was the British diaspora? At least he didn't finish last. 

The biggest crime of the night was the lack of points the mega bop Luktelk received from the jury and the public. It should've been in the top 5. 

After getting booed by some in the audience, it must have been an amazing moment for Eden when she received her massive audience points in support of her performing at Eurovision. The EBU must thank their lucky stars that they didn't comply with viewer requests of only having audience points in the final. Could you imagine the reaction of that audience, if they had to sit through one 12 points reveal after another to Israel?  

I found the ABBA tribute a bit lackluster. I was expecting a medley of songs performed by various Eurovision and Swedish artists.

3 minutes ago, illia said:

Judging by Nemo's recent discography, their songs are very "Spotify chill indie playlist" vibes

Their straight era was a serve though

I'm a Certified Eurovision Winner

Can't touch me

'Cause the juries put me too hiiiiiiiiiiigh :jamming:

-

Yeah their song they released post coming out as NB was cute but the rest are a bit dull ngl. They should put their cover out of Theresa & Maria on Spotify though, that was a bop.

28 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

winning by being 6th with the public would've been even worse kii

But it might not have been 6th if Joost and Baby Lasagna had split the public votes because I think there's a similar audience

Idk why you've been dragging Nemo so much but I hope you stop it

25 minutes ago, illia said:

I hope not. And Nemo said in the press conference after the final that the making of The Code changed something in them and now they wanna write more about their story. "I hope I can continue this process and be daring in my songs, for myself" Nemo said

Her adult contemporary slay

Posted (edited)

Luktelk was removed from Spotify :rip:

It's weird that the Karaoke version from the Eurovision album is still there. but not the single version :rip:

Edited by illia

Jerry and alyona x2 thinking they've defied the 02 position by finishing third :rip: who's gonna tell them people have voted for it because it's Ukraine. If Teresa and Maria went for Albania and was 02 in the final, it would have gotten a cute 16th max. Pleaseeedd

12 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

Jerry and alyona x2 thinking they've defied the 02 position by finishing third :rip: who's gonna tell them people have voted for it because it's Ukraine. If Teresa and Maria went for Albania and was 02 in the final, it would have gotten a cute 16th max. Pleaseeedd

16th is a reach but the song definitely deserved TOP 10. 3rd place is very questionable but the overall package with staging and everything else was TOP 10 material. 3rd place is undeserved tho. Just like they didn't deserve that win 2 years ago and we all know that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

4 hours ago, Hurem said:

Baby Lasagna's first ever concert selling out in THREE minutes :deadbanana2: 

Second show sold out in 8 minutes :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 1

Marina ain't playing with keeping the momentum going afterwards. Already drop new music and just dropped a music video. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dev said:

Marina ain't playing with keeping the momentum going afterwards. Already drop new music and just dropped a music video. 

Help, i can't stand this... :mazen:

24 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

Well, even a 16th place in the GRAND final would be a much better result than the 15th place in the SEMI final, which is what miss Besa achieved. Moreover, it would be their highest result since... 2018.

Maybe Albania should learn a thing or two from other countries!

ZARI.thumb.gif.f9e2b5ce45127ac721d50d9c9

• Like 1

Tbh almost casual watchers that I know mentioned Ukraine as one of their faves, it's very GP-friendly imo. Ukraine just knows what they're doing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Komet said:

Tbh almost casual watchers that I know mentioned Ukraine as one of their faves, it's very GP-friendly imo. Ukraine just knows what they're doing.

yeah, Ukraine is just very good at Eurovision. They've been doing consistently good since their debut

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dev said:

That's how you do it. Loreen should take a few notes!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anthinos said:

That's how you do it. Loreen should take a few notes!

OMG, THANK YOU!

First of all, as a Greek, I feel so sorry for non-Greek speakers. The Mixtape is ICONIC, it's basically a satirical diss track of all the criticism and hate comments Marina has received throughout her Eurovision journey from Greek journalist, the public etc. 

I love this music video, a certified summer bop. Ah Thalassa is so emotional, it's about her father...Please, give it a chance guys, it's worth it! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Marina's EP is pure excellence, I love all the comedy and dissing :clap3: MIXTAPE would be one of the most iconic disses of all times if she was an Anglo-MPG :jonny6:

Edited by espeon
  • Thanks 2

Ukraine poor eastern european country currently with an ongoing war, keeps bringing better songs and performance production than many others.

2 hours ago, illia said:

Luktelk was removed from Spotify :rip:

It's weird that the Karaoke version from the Eurovision album is still there. but not the single version :rip:

Openplay is the worst indie label out there.. the amount of lithuanian music gone cause of them :deadbanana2:

She should represent Greece every year :jonny:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.