Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

I'm appalled by the fact EBU is not taking any accountability, I knew they were trash but this was the time they really should've thoroughly looked at their own actions and discrepancies on multiple levels. Instead they decide to shift all the blame to the contestants once more, delusional really..

I hope the Netherlands don't compete next year and they'll send Joost again the year after so they win! Justice!

• Like 2

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

10 hours ago, Kummercell said:

We've had "regular" gays being represented before (Ireland 2018), and guess what? The backlash was still the same. The performance was censored in Russia, several conservative media sites all over Europe were throwing the "they're trying to shove it in our faces!!!" argument and to this day China still hasn't returned to broadcasting the contest. And that was just two guys dancing and hugging! Yet, Eurovision stood by letting their queer participants do their thing and showcase their truth. 

And no, they're not special, and that's a good thing about Eurovision.

Eurovision is the only major cultural event in the world that gives queer people a chance to be unapologetically ourselves, and it actually rewards us for doing so. When was the last time a queer man won a Best Actor Oscar? We've had two queer men in the top 2 in 2019. The last non-straight woman to win an Oscar was in 1995, yet a bisexual woman won Eurovision just last year. A trans woman hadn't won a Grammy until last years ceremony, but a trans woman won Eurovision in the 1990s. Eurovision has a predominantly queer fanbase and it stands by its fanbase. Sure, Eurovision has (a lot of) problems, but as someone who found this contest and community as a lonely 11 year old gay boy more than a decade ago, it truly is a remarkable thing for queer people all over the world and we shouldn't take it for granted. 

Why are you bringing here Russia and China? Who cares if China broadcast Eurovision No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

You are literally mixing different things which had nothing to do with my post, but lets agree to disagree, if you are able of that, ok? Super Freak Flirting GIF by Rick James

• Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, Antinemesis said:

She was supposed to perform with Johnny Logan in semi 1 but she dropped out. There's been mixed information, though, as her manager claimed she never intended to perform outside of the final.

I kept waiting for her to show up the whole time during that performance. Dang it. I would have been really cool if she had sung "What's Another Year."

Although, I can see why she just wanted to perform in the final. The nostalgia-fueled semi-finals did not feel like her vibe.

8 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

I still can't express my disappointment with her performance this year, it was most likely the only opportunity Forever could get when it comes to a big promotion (When we know damn well at this point she's gonna appear on one Swedish show and call it a night :rip:) and I saw more comments making jokes about the performance looking like she was at a gynaecologist and not how incredibly she sang or how it looked great.

The chair idea looks amazing as a still image but it shouldn't have gone on for 6 minutes, it would've been better if she was on the chair for 2 minutes for Tattoo, broke into Euphoria chorus and then ended it with Forever. Malmo 2013 felt more like a true winner's welcome for Loreen and felt like a celebration of her - I got 0 of those vibes this year, it felt more like ABBA celebration (when not even Bjorn sent a video message). :deadbanana4: 

Also, I get that she doesn't want to be a megastar, that's normal and to be honest, I would feel overwhelmed too; the least we can get is an album drop before ESC24, some singles with promotion (even if it's gridlocked to Scandinavia at this point), still keep herself relevant in the 'indie' music scene (still getting access to Pitchfork, RS etc) and not completely disappearing off the face of the earth and reappearing when that Euphoria streaming residentials start dropping.

She could still be an acclaimed artist in Sweden even without the big commercial work, I still can't believe her album is coming out in 2025 and not Fall 2024, that would've perfect for her upcoming tour and the European festival circuit she's doing this year. Also her changing to a smaller label with 0 influence and TaP doing bare **** for her. I'm sick :biblionny:

Not a 2025 album, she is crazy! 

8 hours ago, *Tim said:

I'm assumin this is the one, they altered their previous statement

Prosecutor? :toofunny2: If that camerawoman was really recording, I hope footage is out there of whatever happened. 

11 hours ago, Hurem said:

atrlpredictions-lesssharp.jpg

Unlike EBU, we believe in transparency, so here is the full breakdown of how every one of you voted.

Click here for the detailed results

Once again, congratulations to the winner @LionH3art :heart2:

baby-lasagna-eurovision.gif

I ate 1st semi prediction.

The rest is questionable cause I wanted to think outside of the box

1twitter.thumb.gif.763ad1e35f2d0d4863f01

8 hours ago, elvenOCEAN said:

And then the backing vocalist came the following year and slayed even harder.

Korake Ti Znam, along with Bistra Voda, remains one of my all time favourite Eurovision entries. I need B&H back so much. :jonny5:

Korake ti znam is a massive hit in talent shows locally lmao. great ballad deserved a better placement. Stagging could have been improved ofc.

I've seen people say that "The Code" sounds better the more you listen to it. So "Europapa" might get challenged in streaming for a while still

And Joost has been getting almost more media coverage than Nemo in the past few days, making people check out his song

22 hours ago, mike_int said:

Im fine with Nemo winning however I wish their styling was toned down. We as LGBTQ community are constantly portrayed in media with extremes. You hardly see LGBTQ professionals, hard working entrepreneurs living "regular" life with long time partner, you see more of sex*alized type of relationships, same with overly feminine almost caricature-esque portrait of Gay men in media etc.  I feel like constant showing of extremes like for example Sam Smith and their nudity and also crazy styling of Nemo etc. is bringing bad light on a community so people take us as some kind of weirdos.

Please stop caring about what other people think, especially those who hate queer people anyway

And any piece of clothing is just that in the end. Some fabric that we assign to people based on their gender. Why is it ok for women to wear pants but not for men to wear a skirt?

Nemo's styling might be strange but that doesn't mean it's wrong

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, anti-***** said:

Please stop caring about what other people think, especially those who hate queer people anyway

And any piece of clothing is just that in the end. Some fabric that we assign to people based on their gender. Why is it ok for women to wear pants but not for men to wear a skirt?

Nemo's styling might be strange but that doesn't mean it's wrong

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Some members showing their true colours but then getting mad when called fascist, make it make sense?

Untitled-2.thumb.gif.ec58174ccaa7e66f77a

• Like 1

Baby Lasagna's first ever concert selling out in THREE minutes :deadbanana2: 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Baby Lasagna's first ever concert selling out in THREE minutes :deadbanana2: 

Should've went with Arena Zagreb,  he could beat Alex Prijavić record 

6 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Exactly! With Joost and Kaarija as special guests :fan:

• Haha 1

Forever is a bop but that performance was BAD :suburban: Visually stunning but it got stale after minute and a half, and then it just went on and on, and then Tattoo started and it was the same thing and she was just grunting in the mic at that point, like... did they put this together at the last minute

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Maybe, but the 2024 televote winner (which is difficult to get) has three (3) songs currently released; even with the debut album coming out soon, idk if he can fill an arena-worthy setlist just yet

We will SERVE is living in my head rent free :jonny6:

• Like 1

I really don't care about stuff like this but I actually think Nemo was representing the tasteful gays this year :rip: Like yeah the outfit was goofy but it wasn't the main thing about his performance. Impressive staging and good vocals were.

The "extreme" gay representative this year was actually Olly and, again, I don't think there was anything bad about his performance, I ]liked the idea and the dancers but unfortunately Olly himself couldn't sell it and didn't defend it with his vocals which were just bad. And then he ended up with 0 points from the public :suburban:I'm still so shocked about his whole Eurovision run but I hope the mean comments don't get to him and I really wish him well. It all was just so unfortunate. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dante said:

Korake ti znam is a massive hit in talent shows locally lmao. great ballad deserved a better placement. Stagging could have been improved ofc.

Nah, staging was flawless! :smitten: People/Jury were just tasteless.

Edited by elvenOCEAN

Nemo's latest Instagram story (nemothings) shows them in a studio already. I'm curious to hear what they make next

Lol yeah. Only Nemo can challenge Joost

And Joost might have won the public vote, but not the juries

So Nemo could have won anyway, especially when you think Netherlands and Croatia splitting the public vote

I'm curious to hear the rest of the Baby Lasagna tracks if Rim Tim Tagi Dim is allegedly "filler" :eli: 

Nemo is a very talented musician but idk what their direction will be. I can see it being all over the place, ironically like The Code. They need to hit the ground running asap to maintain momentum and develop a niche but loyal fanbase.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.