Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

• ATRL Moderator

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

3 minutes ago, Stunnah said:

I have faith in the Swedish to police to investigate Joost Klein--which they are doing right now. 

Sure, let the police take care of it but imo does not warrant an immediate DQ from the competition, that's all.. certainly not from the EBU who are not being transparent and claiming a non-political stance on everything else. They're a joke by now

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Is the show even going to air on time at this rate :rip:

:eatpopcorn:

NRK (Norway TV) reporting there's crisis meeting happening between EBU and Ireland, Greece, Switzerland

https://www.nrk.no/nyheter/esc_-fleire-flagg-mangla-under-flaggparade-1.16878938

Google Translated

ESC: Several flags were missing during the flag parade

A source confirms to NRK that the crisis meeting will take place in the Eurovision camp.

The crisis meeting will be between the three countries that have not turned up and the EBU.

Several countries did not appear in the flag parade during the stage rehearsal which is taking place in Malmö right now.

Switzerland, Greece and Ireland did not take part in the flag parade.

Ireland has also not turned up for the tests on Saturday.

The reason is still unclear.

And SVT (Sweden) is saying the meeting happening right now

https://www.svt.se/kultur/senaste-nytt-om-eurovision-song-contest-2024?inlagg=5cfb824eb915c015ca6689b110c4d196

16 minutes ago, Komet said:

I*rael ads are all over youtube apparently :deadbanana2:

I got one too today (while watching Bitange i Princeze :deadbanana2:).

Anyway, the ads won't do much, just remember Malta 2021.

Honestly, cancellation of the whole 2024 show wouldn't be for the worst.

EBU might lose money, but if the whow continues tonight at this rate, it might tarnish its reputation forever.

3 minutes ago, Luminary said:

Sure, let the police take care of it but imo does not warrant an immediate DQ from the competition, that's all.. certainly not from the EBU who are not being transparent and claiming a non-political stance on everything else. They're a joke by now

In all this, could you spare a thought for the female TV employee who filed the report? Was she politically motivated? Was it her fault? Should she have to put up with that alleged behaviour to suit people like you?

Way to ruin Eurovision NEATHERLANDS. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 23

1 minute ago, Imagine Dragon said:

EBU might lose money, but if the whow continues tonight at this rate, it might tarnish its reputation forever.

should DQ israel and let the show go on tbh, if they let Israel compete and Israel wins then yeah Eurovision will have some backlash but they can only win with people voting for them so the Eurovision viewers. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, bjorn said:

Way to ruin Eurovision NEATHERLANDS. 

You misspelled Israel! :sorry:

• Like 13
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Imagine Dragon said:

Or, hear me out - DQ Israel and reinstate Netherlands and they'd have some redemption. But Israel is too busy playing the anti semitic card as their delegation harassed and violates every EBU rule.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Stunnah said:

In all this, could you spare a thought for the female TV employee who filed the report? Was she politically motivated? Was it her fault? Should she have to put up with that alleged behaviour to suit people like you?

What should I give thought to exactly? We do not know what happened.. THE END

• Like 4

I just heard about Joost and omg this is the messiest Eurovision ever :deadbanana2:

And apparently there's more drama happening currently? Can anyone recap pls because I feel like I have missed a lot?

2 minutes ago, Stunnah said:

Considering the Netherlands said the response by the EBU was way too extreme, I'm betting we're not getting the full picture. I will reserve judgement until everything is out in the open.

Don't you have a genocide to support? Stop pretending to play the morale high ground.

• Like 11

Posted (edited)

Edited by nadiamendell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

While I’m active in the thread, I will be banning/restricting any member who comes in here with the sole purpose of causing drama or issues. 

There have been a big group of us who have talked about this contest this season and for years before that, as well as many members who have a casual interest in the contest and a genuine concern for the issues created by the EBU. I’m not going to let a few other members come in and take that away by baiting members or creating discontent here. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Stunnah said:

Nobody is saying she should've put up with it? The police are launching an investigation and the truth will set either one of them free. The EBU just decided he was guilty already. 

• Like 3

Also, I'm not so sure Israel is going to win the televote tonight. Reality is, the right-wingers won't actually bother to watch the show or vote and the sim card manipulations simply cannot be organized in enough countries to have a big impact on the overall results. 

It's over for them. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.