• Hurem

• Funhouse

• Pendulum

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaarija stans already fuming on Twitter, let me bathe in their delicious tears

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I wonder if they’ll do anything to decrease the jury percentage after this

They should keep the juries but increase the number of jurors. I don’t see how the small number of people that the juries are currently made up of can be considered a fair & accurate representation of music industry professional opinion. Aren’t there like… 5 people in the jury? There needs to be more diverse opinions if we’re going to give their scores so much weight. 

Like… imagine if one jury is comprised of 5 white men all aged 50+? Some acts would *never* stand a chance. 

19 minutes ago, karma police said:

the way Sweden payola'd their way to the top

spacer.png

Finland, the televote's winner can't and don't have to relate to these desperate antics

spacer.png

And making a meme song isn't a desperate antic?

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I wonder if they’ll do anything to decrease the jury percentage after this

Imagine Beyoncé competes against BTS and loses because of this

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

Kaarija stans already fuming on Twitter, let me bathe in their delicious tears

spacer.png

Girl go on Reddit for the real kii, just a tip!

giphy.gif

I'm just here for the return of 5x winner Luxembourg. 🇱🇺🇱🇺🇱🇺

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Konril said:

I'm just here for the return of 5x winner Luxembourg. 🇱🇺🇱🇺🇱🇺

giphy.gif

And it’ll remain as that title!

spacer.png

A top 5 eurovision hit:clap3:

giphy.gif

Edited by TaylenaStan

1 hour ago, Queen Conchita said:

EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2024 

SWEDEN

Confirmed Countries

well i guess u can add luxemburg to the confirmed countries list no?

Let's hope ErdoGONE loses the elections and we will see a Turkey comeback along with Luxembourg and the (alleged) Monaco and Macedonia comebacks

giphy.gif

Edited by JennyWayne

It's what she deserves. Congrats queen.

giphy.gif

let's hope slovenia's vocalist returns 

7R7c8YL.gif

without pants this time

giphy.gif

Edited by twittgoo

30 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

They should keep the juries but increase the number of jurors. I don’t see how the small number of people that the juries are currently made up of can be considered a fair & accurate representation of music industry professional opinion. Aren’t there like… 5 people in the jury? There needs to be more diverse opinions if we’re going to give their scores so much weight. 

Like… imagine if one jury is comprised of 5 white men all aged 50+? Some acts would *never* stand a chance. 

Well a female woman of colour won the jury vote tonight so :rip:

47 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

to be fair most of these participating countries are like >90% white :deadbanana2:

but yeah I get what you're saying, more jurors would bring is more diversity in opinions. 

the complaint with jury I don't understand is I feel like some people want the jury vote to be exact/similar to the public vote... but the whole point of the jury is to reward technical performance, songwriting, and composition as opposed to the public who watches Eurovision while getting shitfaced drunk and vote for the most camp/ridiculous performance.

37 minutes ago, DUA LIPA said:

well i guess u can add luxemburg to the confirmed countries list no?

yeee there's a few confirmed ATRL crashed so i couldn't edit x

21 minutes ago, kimberly said:

to be fair most of these participating countries are like >90% white :deadbanana2:

but yeah I get what you're saying, more jurors would bring is more diversity in opinions. 

the complaint with jury I don't understand is I feel like some people want the jury vote to be exact/similar to the public vote... but the whole point of the jury is to reward technical performance, songwriting, and composition as opposed to the public who watches Eurovision while getting shitfaced drunk and vote for the most camp/ridiculous performance.

Problem is, they don't. They would literally always vote for the 08/15 pop songs and would engange in political voting. The juries are absolutely pointless at this point. The Semis this year proved very well that 100% televote brings out absolutely reasonable results.

2 minutes ago, Moonturn said:

Problem is, they don't. They would literally always vote for the 08/15 pop songs and would engange in political voting. The juries are absolutely pointless at this point. The Semis this year proved very well that 100% televote brings out absolutely reasonable results.

I disagree, having juries would have likely resulted in Latvia qualifying :gaycat5:

I hope we have a mass Balkan return next year. Imagine if Macedonia, Montenegro, AND Bosnia was able to come back :jonny5: 

• ATRL Moderator

I hope Sweden can use some of their payola coins on incentives for the other countries to come back because I'd love a big contest after this one being relatively small 

I still want TaP to handle the UK selection. Mae was not a bad choice by any means. I actually think she was screwed since we were hosting and tbh the song is better for the radio, not to watch a performance of. If that makes any sense. The performance wasn’t that great vocally either.

We will send a male artist again with some jury bait. The excitement in the UK was amazing to see and I don’t want Mae’s result + the jury/public discourse to set us back to what we were in the 2010s

15 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

I hope we have a mass Balkan return next year. Imagine if Macedonia, Montenegro, AND Bosnia was able to come back :jonny5: 

Bulgaria too :gaycat5: and Turkey when they elect a new president tomorrow :WAP:

I want Eurovision to go back up to 42-43 contestants with tougher semi finals

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.