Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

Spoiler alert: sLOVEnia is qualifying 

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, little legend said:

I ex+ected to see bigger changes at the betting odds but seems that nothing really changed even after the first rehearsals

Ireland and Ukraine had the biggest jumps with the bookies but not quite to change much of the percentages yet. Ireland seems VERY close to overtaking Greece in the odds recently. 

Anybody but [redacted] for the win please.

6jqr4Zd.gif

People actually betting on Ireland to win.... 

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm ready for Marina to demolish the stage today 

spacer.png

Edited by abelfenty
  • Like 3

I'm looking forward to Austria and expect a spectacular choreography :heart2:

• Like 1

Dear father god we come to you today to pray that the spirit of girlbops past possesses Malta and Austria today, that their choreo is a smash and the notes are hit. We also come to you to wish that Nemo wears a cohesive outfit and not some thrift store little bo peep ass mess. Amen

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Thanks 1

when Nemo comes out with a Y2K outfit

6jqr4Zd.gif

The way Greece's photos probably won't be exciting if they're doing the one-shot thing and everybody will panic for no reason only to switch when the snippet comes out in few days

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Komet said:

The way Greece's photos probably won't be exciting if they're doing the one-shot thing and everybody will panic for no reason only to switch when the snippet comes out in few days

6jqr4Zd.gif

Im telling you they are taking it ... 

14 minutes ago, Komet said:

6jqr4Zd.gif

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking! 

But also, I can't wait for some nice footage from the rehearsal so she can climb the odds. 

Marina's dress will be p!nk-purple-lilac!

rehearsals-day-3-live-blog-v0-r5uzjajapd

Oh yesss this outfit :clap3:

Besa NEEDS to qualify

I said what I said, I refuse to see the Tatuazh ne zemer and Mbretereshe songstress leave empty handed next week

• Thumbs Down 1

I was rooting for Loreen last year, but Osterdahl basically confirmed they rigged the contest for her :rip: His latest interview goes to show that he'll be the downfall of Eurovision. Someone needs to get rid of him asap :biblio:

4 minutes ago, Hurem said:

I was rooting for Loreen last year, but Osterdahl basically confirmed they rigged the contest for her :rip: His latest interview goes to show that he'll be the downfall of Eurovision. Someone needs to get rid of him asap :biblio:

Link?

7 minutes ago, Hurem said:

YqxkROb.png

This is pretty ****** up especially since 2021 is like.. peak. Croatia ain't winning **** if this is the mentally of this man :skull: Sweden is truly ruining this contest

11 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Where did he say that? The only thing I saw is that he said he is happy the contest is back in a "safe" country after three turbulent years and that Sweden are experts of hosting Eurovision.

I don't support his opinion but I think what he means is that in the last few years we had many big events like Corona and Russia invading Ukraine. And when Italy hosted the sun didn't work. Finland would've been a great and "safe" host tho.

Edited by Anthinos
  • Like 1

Good luck to them if Switzerland wins, considering financial struggles. 

This bit is very wtf:

The producer recalls Loreen's rehearsals in Liverpool, UK, in 2023. Every time Loreen lay down in that sandbox for her staging, the Swedish artist sought eye contact with Österdahl, who closely followed her stage performances. He states in his interview that Sweden's victory "is what the Eurovision Song Contest really needed after three extremely turbulent years".

Full article: 🇸🇪 Martin Österdahl: "We've Gone Past What We Can Tolerate Now" - Eurovoix

4 minutes ago, Anthinos said:

Where did he say that? The only thing I saw is that he said he is happy the contest is back in a "safe" country after three turbulent years and that Sweden are experts of hosting Eurovision.

Back to a 'safe country' as if the contest was held in rural Algeria and not Netherlands, Italy and UK  :deadbanana2:It seems that the eastern/southern countries don't stand a chance with the current leadership and should honestly just leave and let the contest be a scandinavia-only circlejerk like Osterloser wants. 

• Like 10

Netherlands are soooo winning :rip: thank you Osterdahl

Croatia and Italy it was fun while it lasted

crying-wailing.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

They said they introduced the juries only cause of televoting is not fair cause of biases between countries. Even though this is semi true, neighbor countries are indeed more prone to vote for each other, but in the end the best song of the year really did win. If you had a great song and performance people would vote for you now matter the country. The irony is that juries are even more biased and their introduction only made things worse. Now they can control the winner and give the win to the most "safe country". Its  crazy cause they introduced juries to reduce politics and they only managed to do the opposite.

Televoters are also more professionals than the so called professional juries. How can you be a professional jury and vote for Sweden over Italy in 2015 for example:rip: while the GP chose wisely and picked Italy 

The way he is creaming himself over Russia in that interview :skull: I know it bothers him DAILY that Russia got kicked out because the other broadcasters forced the EBUs hand

• Like 2

Just put £10 on Malta qualifying 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.