SZA beats Aretha Franklin's historical 54 year-old record.

KatyPrismSpirit

A new legend is born :clap3:

A smash album :clap3:

We love to see when talent wins and ends mediocrity:jonnycat:

22 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

A biT too much on LEGENDARY Aretha now… 

6 minutes ago, simon said:

Nevermind them. An OAFH - something I still cannot fathom actually exists :doc:

OAFH's exist on here? :deadvision:

27 minutes ago, simon said:

A little bit research about her continuous WEIRD obsession against black women like Gladys Knight, Tina Turner, Dionne Warwick, Natalie Cole etc could be good. Or even her own sisters who she sabotaged their careers.:katie:

1 minute ago, idkwiam said:

A little bit research about her continuous WEIRD obsession against black women like Gladys Knight, Tina Turner, Dionne Warwick, Natalie Cole etc could be good. Or even her own sisters who she sabotaged their careers.:katie:

Oh no she was mean!!

There was nothing mediocre about Aretha Franklin.

And in her prime her musical output and vocals were much better than anyone on that list. 
:rip:

11 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

Leave Ms. Franklin alone.

You’re always hating.

• She never had a “weird obsession” against Black woman either, and her Knight, Warwick remained close friends until her death - including that of Patti Labelle. 

• She never knew Tina Turner nor did she have a relationship with her in any way, shape or form so I’m not sure where this has come from. 

Regarding Natalie Cole, Capital Records, the label Cole was signed too, literally tried to model Cole’s career off of Franklin‘s which Cole even admitted too herself later on. Moreover, several songs from Cole’s “Inseperable” and “Natalie” albums were Franklin rejects which she thought to be strange. They became friends later on. 

• To say she sabotaged her sisters career is inaccurate considering the details and true history. Stop watching useless biopics such as “Genius” which the Franklin family deemed to be mostly fiction. 

:dies:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

When you don't sing just covers.

Congrats to SZA :clap3:

12 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Leave Ms. Franklin alone.

You’re always hating.

• She never had a “weird obsession” against Black woman either, and her Knight, Warwick remained close friends until her death - including that of Patti Labelle. 

• She never knew Tina Turner nor did she have a relationship with her in any way, shape or form so I’m not sure where this has come from. 

Regarding Natalie Cole, Capital Records, the label Cole was signed too, literally tried to model Cole’s career off of Franklin‘s which Cole even admitted too herself later on. Moreover, several songs from Cole’s “Inseperable” and “Natalie” albums were Franklin rejects which she thought to be strange. They became friends later on. 

• To say she sabotaged her sisters career is inaccurate considering the details and true history. Stop watching useless biopics such as “Genius” which the Franklin family deemed to be mostly fiction. 

Girl maybe we are going off topic here but she literally slept with Ike Turner and tried to sabotage Private Dancer era initially and she said that she never met Tina when they where photographed together at the essence awards in 1993.

And it was confirmed by her own sister that she wanted to sabotage the other women. I didn't watch the biopic you're referring to.

Spoiler

I read all these on a lipstick alley thread which had the all the tea on her.:redface:

26 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Oh no she was mean!!

There was nothing mediocre about Aretha Franklin.

And in her prime her musical output and vocals were much better than anyone on that list. 

Girl you have a Naomi Campbell avi. Sit in your lane. But not surprised a Naomi fan would support a woman like Aretha Franklin. 

12 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

When you don't sing just covers.

Congrats to SZA :clap3:

Ou. This is tea. :celestial2:

6 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

she literally slept with Ike Turner and tried to sabotage Private Dancer era initially and she said that she never met Tina when they where photographed together at the essence awards in 1993.

This has to be a lie.

:redface:

Also, why would she randomly want to sabotage the “Private Dancer” era when she, herself, hadn’t been a true commercial heavyweight in almost a decade by 1983?

Sure, she had newfound R&B success with “Jump To It/Get It Right”, however Donna Summer and Diana Ross were the Black women to have far surpassed her, chart-wise, at the time, so going after Turner to try and sabotage her comeback makes absolutely no sense.

If this were Franklin between 1985-1987, when she was reigning on the Pop charts again, then this could at least seem half-feasible. I’m not saying Franklin didn’t have an ego but…

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

What is even going awn?

OT: congrats to Solana.

34 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

Girl maybe we are going off topic here but she literally slept with Ike Turner and tried to sabotage Private Dancer era initially and she said that she never met Tina when they where photographed together at the essence awards in 1993.

And it was confirmed by her own sister that she wanted to sabotage the other women. I didn't watch the biopic you're referring to.

Hide contents

I read all these on a lipstick alley thread which had the all the tea on her.:redface:

Go touch grass 

The poor sis Franklin can't catch a break on ATRL even when she's already six feet under :redface:

2 hours ago, idkwiam said:

I almost didn't notice you changed your profile picture till reading this:bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.